DVDVR Message Board

2024 NCAAB - Off-Season

Zimbra

That's as good a post as any to start the offseason thread, even though the season's still got another week or so, conference dependent.  Whee!  

IMG_1446_300a.jpg

• Like 1

Kayla Ard is a better woman that all of us.

I know we like to make with the jokes about coaches getting fired in the locker room or on the airport tarmac after a bad loss, but that's seriously horrible.

• Sad 1

Kenny Payne is being shown the door at Louisville

Payne was... checks notes... 12-52 over two seasons and only had one non-home win

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Kenny Payne is being shown the door at Louisville

Payne was... checks notes... 12-52 over two seasons and only had one non-home win

His record is terrible, but he came into a really bad situation. What decent prospect wanted to commit to Louisville when there were all these possible sanctions hanging over the program?

But, yeah, even with that its been a really terrible couple of years.

On 3/11/2024 at 6:02 PM, Pete said:

Kayla Ard is a better woman that all of us.

I know we like to make with the jokes about coaches getting fired in the locker room or on the airport tarmac after a bad loss, but that's seriously horrible.

She handled that really well. 

That said, she was 24-90 in four seasons and 5-25 this year. They'd just lost by 36. Firing her before the press conference, and then letting her go out to do it, was not cool though. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Jerry Stackhouse apparently on the way out at Vandy

This indeed did happen

Meanwhile - Chris Holtmann wasn't out of work for long as he has been hired by DePaul

Justin Hutson stepped down as Fresno State HC

His contract was up in April and he wasn't gonna be brought back so we are really just nit picking now

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Juwan Howard is out at Michigan

Mixed reaction for me. It was absolutely the right move to fire him, between the off court issues and the absolute cratering of the team this year, and hell even his own health.

But it sucks seeing a childhood hero flop so bad when I had such high expectations a few years ago.

On 3/15/2024 at 11:23 PM, Brian Fowler said:

Mixed reaction for me. It was absolutely the right move to fire him, between the off court issues and the absolute cratering of the team this year, and hell even his own health.

But it sucks seeing a childhood hero flop so bad when I had such high expectations a few years ago.

So many issues that weren't game results. From constantly wanting to fight people to ACTUALLY FIGHTING people... good grief. He was given so many chances and still managed to blow through them all. Screw him. 

Keith Dambrot will retire once Duquesne's season ends

He will now be free to use the N word as much as he likes