DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact: Final Resolution Spoilers for 12/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Zema Ion def. Eric Young via rollup using the ropes for leverage

TNA Impact Wrestling: Final Resolution - Airing December 19, 2013 from Orlando, FL

*Magnus opened the show with a promo talking about his love for the business and said it's about pride and respect not money for him. Magnus wonders if the same can be said about Jeff Hardy. Magnus said Hardy slayed his demons but was caught on tape having drinks with Dixie. Magnus wants an explanation and asks if Jeff is greedy. Magnus says he doesn't want the most important match of his life messed with by Hardy or Dixie. Jeff Hardy comes out and says Magnus is jumping to conclusions. Magnus says this is the biggest night of his life and he won't let it go. Magnus brings up 10-10-10 and Hardy says that was different time and place. Magnus says it was the same ring and he sold out. Magnus says everyone forgave Hardy but what will his fans think if he sells out again. Hardy tells him to worry about his own life.

*Bobby Roode def. Kurt Angle in a 2/3 falls match 2 falls to 1.

-Roode won fall #1 with a death valley driver after a low blow

-Angle won fall #2 after the Angle Slam

-Roode won fall #3 via rollup out of the ankle lock with the ropes for leverage

*Eric Young came out to the ring where a table was set up with three Christmas gifts on it. Young says last week he dropped a grenade and calls out Joseph Park. Eric says Joseph is Abyss. Joseph denies it. Eric calls it a two part experiment and says last week was part one when he made Park bleed and Abyss came out. Park says he blacks out when that happens. Young announces next week will be Joseph Park vs Bad Influence in a Monster's Ball match. Park says that's his brother's match and says no. Young says the second part of the experiment is the Christmas gifts. The first gift is a steel chair which Park says he would use in court. The next two are barbed wire and thumbtacks. Park says he appreciates it all but the answer is no. Young says he saved the best for last with one more gift under the ring. Park goes to get it and it's Abyss's old "Janice" weapon with a bow on it. Park then says he will do it and walks away with Janice.

*Madison Rayne & ODB def. Gail Kim & Lei'D Tapa when Rayne pinned Gail with a rollup

*The main event of Jeff Hardy vs Magnus in the tournament final is a Dixieland match. The match is explained as a steel cage match where in order to win you must escape the cage, go up the ramp where the title is hung from a rope and climb a ladder to retrieve it.

*Jeff Hardy came out for a promo. He said he's made a lot of mistakes but we are who we are. Hardy says BFG 2010 was bad memories that won't be repeated. Hardy says he met with Dixie and thought about what he's done. He loves to entertain the fans and does it for his family. Hardy says he knows Dixie wanted to corrupt him with promises and to own him but nobody owns him. Hardy says he told Dixie to stick it. Hardy says he will represent and defend the title after earning it like AJ Styles. Dixie comes out and says Hardy, like AJ, owes everything to her. Dixie says she stood by Hardy while the fans abandoned him. Dixie says he needs to do what's best for her not his family. Dixie says Hardy needs her more than she needs him and then announces that she will be staying ringside for the match.

*Magnus def. Jeff Hardy in a Dixieland match to win the TNA World Title Tournament. During the match, Hardy hit the Whisper in the Wind from the top of the cage. Both climbed out at the same time. Ethan Carter III tried to stop Magnus but Hardy laid him out with a Twist of Fate. Hardy climbed the ladder but Rockstar Spud shoved it over allowing Magnus to climb up and win it. Magnus celebrated his win with Dixie, EC3, and Spud.

*The main event of Jeff Hardy vs Magnus in the tournament final is a Dixieland match. The match is explained as a steel cage match where in order to win you must escape the cage, go up the ramp where the title is hung from a rope and climb a ladder to retrieve it.

HEY C'MON THAT'S NOT WHY WOULD YOU WHOA

So which writer do you suppose is trying to save his/her job by writing Dixie into everything?

I mean, even Vince McMahon didn't make a match named after himself.

No, he was busy booking himself in a match with God. And going over.

HEY C'MON THAT'S NOT WHY WOULD YOU WHOA

This is typical Jeff Jarrett nonsense and a clear sign that he's back in charge. That's the tradeoff you get from Prichard/Hogan/Bischoff to Jarrett... convoluted over the top gimmick matches on top of gimmick matches.

I'd have loved it if you a) escaped the cage, b) made it up the ramp, c) climbed the ladder to a rope hanging from the ceiling, d) rode a zipline *back* to the cage, to e) climb a pole, and f) open one of four boxes that *might* have the title in it ... or maybe a guitar (or cello) ... or a Sting mask (for no reason) ... or Wee Man in bondage gear.

TNA, you let me down.

• Like 2

That Dixieland match doesn't sound all that bad when you think about it. The whole get to the stage portion sounds like a great way to either get some good heel heat, or add some psychology with a wrestler having a bad wheel trying to walk up the ramp.  

That Dixieland match doesn't sound all that bad when you think about it. The whole get to the stage portion sounds like a great way to either get some good heel heat, or add some psychology with a wrestler having a bad wheel trying to walk up the ramp.  

In theory yes. But I suspect they will announce this match on the show leaving everyone confused as hell. At least when they debuted Ultimate X they had a week before hand to let it sink in. I do like the premise though. It would make for a good psychological battle where is a guy is battered and half dead and he has to crawl up the stage and then crawl up the ladder only to get screwed over at the end.

But alas this is TNA. None of that would happen.

Nobody believes that anyone is taking a bump off the top ladder straight onto the fucking stage, like they would in the ring.

Of course not!  You don't think there'll be a table or something nearby, that a dumbass like Hardy would go through?

I know applying logic to TNA is risky business but I kind of feel that the point of all this is that Dixie has no clue what she is doing and she would feel such stupid stipulations should be used to crown her new champion. She placed stipulations in every match because she has not a single clue what she is doing in charge.

Now if we get a King of the Mountain match at some point, I might scream. No more reverse stipulations please!

I don't think the Dixieland match sounds that bad. I mean, there's no point to it but at least there is nothing outright offensive about it.

I'm afraid this may come off smarmier than I intend it to, but that's a unique turn of phrase in this context.

There really isn't a good place for me to say this so I will just say it here and now since I will probably fall asleep before tonight's show

TNA taping another 6 weeks of TV in the UK won't blow up in their face. Nope not at all...

You know a good way to get Magnus over as a top heel? Tape in the only place that's gonna blow the roof off for him.

Given that they have still have two or three more weeks of tapings to show before the new tapings, I don't think it is that big of a deal.   Although I do expect any day now we will get spoilers for the next 2 months.

It is funny that it only took them about 2 or 3 weeks before the Orlando crowd stop caring about this company.  Which was the main reason why they had TV tapings outside of Orlando. 

Thank god someone finally tried to escape the cage through the huge hole in the cage where the camera is.  I wondered if someone would be able to fit through it since it is ridiculously big.. 

Roode-Angle was good, but a fast forward version of their usual match. EY and Park ruled, and EC3's suit was buys - I guarantee it. KOs tag was fun, but there was tons and tons and tons of filler. Feast or Fired stuff was amusing, minus the stupid music and Chavo ever saying a thing. I'm glad he's gone. The main event was technically fine, but yet another Magnus match that just wasn't too exciting. Whisper in the Wind off the top of the cage was crazy, but at least hit well. Finish was a bit flat, but I did like it being plausible that Magnus just took advantage of a do-or-die moment and not being in on things from the beginning.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/tna-impact-12-19-13-final-resolution.html

Screens -

dccdbd296082162.jpg

646456296086392.jpg

3337c3296088527.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/auhav1jj0ss7i7mu1izay04t8rfpstr3

• Like 1

Didn't realize this was the second show in a row with just 3 matches. Angle/Roode felt super rushed. Liked the knockouts tag, Madison looked fantastic and I'm very glad she's back. Enjoying the Sting/EC3 stuff so far, felt bad for Chavo getting fired even if he wasn't doing much of anything. Thought Hardy's prematch promo was actually good stuff. Main event was pretty good, Hardy took some crazy bumps with the cage dive and then the ladder crash onto the ramp.