DVDVR Message Board

2024 Game Deals, Subscription Services, Etc.

AxB

Sony have revealed one of next month's games early. It's Foamstars by Square Enix, which didn't have a release date at all previously. So it's Day One free on PS+.

Looks a lot like Splatoon. And it features AI art, so lots of people who dislike AI are saying it can fuck right off.

I don't know if they have held up, but Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age have been added to Switch Online (Expansion Pack only). I remember them getting lots of praise at the time but I didn't have a GBA.

With how sloooow Nintendo has been adding games, I really hope the Switch 2/Super Switch just uses the same library and we don't have to start over again.

8 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

With how sloooow Nintendo has been adding games, I really hope the Switch 2/Super Switch just uses the same library and we don't have to start over again.

Nintendo will probably release Wii 3 as their next console. Pack-in title Kings. 

• Haha 1

Rollerdrome is very cool but I am terrible at it. Much like the OlliOlli series, it's incredibly difficult but everything makes sense and when you get the precision down and pull off something crazy you feel like a God. I don't know anything about Steelrising even after reading the write-up

On 1/31/2024 at 11:37 AM, kenyabaxterZXW said:

PlayStation Plus: Free Games for February 2024

1 minute ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Rollerdrome is very cool but I am terrible at it. Much like the OlliOlli series, it's incredibly difficult but everything makes sense and when you get the precision down and pull off something crazy you feel like a God. I don't know anything about Steelrising even after reading the write-up

I gave up after three minutes. I wanted to like it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2024 at 7:53 PM, Casey said:

Pretty sure Steelrising is like Lies of P, where it’s basically a clone of Elden Ring/Bloodborne/Dark Souls.

Indeed it is. I had a good time with it last year. One big difference from the other Souls game is Steelrising has different difficulty settings. It's a good starter game if someone is looking to get into that style game. Mortal Shell is also a good option in that regard.

I'd try out Lies of P except for the fact that I really dislike everything associated with Pinnochio. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Maybe I missed that, since I was in the middle of playing midnight suns.  It feels like everytime I look, it’s full price. 

It's also still in the PS+ catalog, so that might be swinging it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 4:09 PM, odessasteps said:

Maybe I missed that, since I was in the middle of playing midnight suns.  It feels like everytime I look, it’s full price. 

The Directors Cut of Ghost of Tsushima is on sale at a great price in the PlayStation Store right now, can't imagine it will be much cheaper anytime soon