DVDVR Message Board

2024 Puroresu General Discussion

lostinube

Noah limit break results 

https://www.noah.co.jp/schedule/549/

they drew alright. I noticed they used green turbuckle pads instead of the blue ones.  

Black Mensore showed up with Shuji. Shuji wants to stand center of limit Break.

K.Fujita and Makabe faced each other, last time they fought each was wayyy back in 2000.

Anyways the brand conists of old NJPW, NOAH, former AJPW guys in one place. Size wise more men taller or heavier than the regular NOAH brand.

DDT invaded.

Edited by Kang

8 hours ago, Kang said:

Bushiroad Inc stock back up at 391 JPY +31 (8.61%)today. 

I haven't read their released reports yet, but I saw fans saying they're in trouble with their non wrestling stuff. And Stardom has declined.

Nikkei stock index is climbing to a near record high. The rise is probably due to that. Just following along.

• Like 1

AJPW

MUSASHI is leaving M-Pro, he will wrestle in AJPW.

Spoiler

Nakajima crossed out Fighting Spirt on his gown, it's now X X Style. You know what it means even if he can't legally say it.

Nakajima retained the Triple Crown. His next challenger is Yuma Anzai.

The Mastermind? showed up with the AJPW Pres.

Edited by Kang

On 2/22/2024 at 8:32 AM, lostinube said:

Wrestle Universe is increasing their monthly fee but will be adding Michinoku Pro, Real Z1 and Sendai Girls. Ganbare will also continue on the service.

https://www.ddtpro.com/news/22296

The money I'm saving from cutting NJWorld because NJPW is fucking unwatchable will offset this nicely.

The new IGF is no longer a wrestling company, but they will protect Inoki stuff, even legally. So if nothing changes, no more of that 00's style Inoki-ism. And never holding events again.

Pro Wrestling NOAH over time dropped some of the NJPW elements they borrowed in the CyberFight era. But not everything.

Lot of chatter about the debut of Kaisei Takechi at the DDT show over the weekend. He is a member of the group THE RAMPAGE from EXILE Tribe. EXILE is a popular music act that spun off into and ha...you know what, just leave say he's from THE RAMPAGE. He actually trained with DDT in 2022 because he played the part of the rival to the main character in Fukumen D, an online drama on Abema. They called the group BBT but Sanshiro Takagi and some DDT wrestlers made appearances. He's sort of but not quite an analogue to Yuki Arai.

Edited by lostinube

• 2 weeks later...

News appears to be breaking (I'm trusting translations on this) that Yutaka Yoshie has sadly passed away after his match today. Found this out in the middle of writing a post for the New Japan tour thread where I had mentioned his name (will remove it in case seen as disrespectful). I liked him in the few G1s with him I saw but I'm largely in the dark about his performances after leaving New Japan.

• Sad 5

Could get two Nakajima Triple Crown double header defenses on 1 day. First vs Yuma Anzai and then against Suwama. Or maybe it doesn't happen.

Suwama's tag with Hideki Suzuki seems to be called `idiotic duo'', I will dig to see if that's official. Someday in the future, expect Suwama to be doing older man and comedy matches below the card. He turns 48 years old on Nov 23.