DVDVR Message Board

2024 Puroresu General Discussion

lostinube

DDT AJPW news

KONOSUKE TAKESHITA defeated Yuma Aoyagi.

Ryuki Honda and Yuma Anzai didn't win the KO-D tag titles.

Ex AJPW wrestler Shuji Ishikawa will be in the King of DDT 

Ken Ohka graduated from DDT and Cyberfight. He is working for the splitting from DDT, Ganbare Pro Wrestling.

Samurai TV's Breaking News! Battlemen will air its final episode today. It will be replaced with new show in April. There are other changes to Samurai, but I don't remember exactly what the changes are, just more shows ended.

The Battlemen show started in 2011. Me, I skipped most of them.

https://www.samurai-tv.com/pdf/schedule2404_ch600.pdf

Very sad news to hear.  I loved Coughlin.  An absolute beast. I truly think he had limitless potential, and he was well on his way.  That being said, being rational enough to realize how his debilitating injuries would impact his quality of life (or even worse, to be honest) and to make such an agonizing decision to finally let go of his dream is sad, yes, but far more than that, admirable.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Evil Otto said:

Very sad news to hear.  I loved Coughlin.  An absolute beast. I truly think he had limitless potential, and he was well on his way.  That being said, being rational enough to realize how his debilitating injuries would impact his quality of life (or even worse, to be honest) and to make such an agonizing decision to finally let go of his dream is sad, yes, but far more than that, admirable.   

Well said.

May 6th (the last day of the Golden Week holiday) at the Budokan

UJPW will hold it's first show, an All Together charity show for the Noto Earthquake that occurred on January 1st.

Shota Umino/Kaito Kiyomiya/Yuuki Ueno vs Yuya Uemura/Shun Skywalker/Konosuke Takeshita

Tomohiro Ishii/Daisuke Sekimoto vs Masa Kitamiya/Jeff Cobb

Naomichi Marafuji/Sanshiro Takagi/Hiroshi Tanahashi vs HOT (EVIL/Narita/Takahashi)

The show will be on ABEMA PPV.

So for the first UJPW show, the following promotions are participating: NJPW, NOAH, DDT, BJW, DragonGate, and Stardom.

Anyone remember the defunct Global Professional Wrestling Alliance? GPWA? I do.

The booking of who goes over has changed again for promotional crossovers, when compared to the last 2 years.  Back to more protecting again this year. Or even or sorta even wins totals for the promotions. 

AJPW big news

Spoiler

The All Asia tags are back with AJPW. Onita wants to go after the World tags.

I was right about Yuma Anzai, he defeated Nakajima. He is the youngest Triple Crown Champion ever, beating Kento's record.

Voodoo Murders will withdraw from AJPW. The Saito brothers are staying.

Ren Ayabe wants to join AJPW.

Edited by Kang

On 3/31/2024 at 8:49 PM, Kang said:

I dunno if that's real or just Tokyo Sports kayfabe stuff. I did read about Nakajima leaving AJPW? Probably heading to the west. Maybe.

Where do you think he’d go?

On 3/18/2024 at 3:29 PM, Kang said:

Samurai TV's Breaking News! Battlemen will air its final episode today. It will be replaced with new show in April. There are other changes to Samurai, but I don't remember exactly what the changes are, just more shows ended.

The Battlemen show started in 2011. Me, I skipped most of them.

https://www.samurai-tv.com/pdf/schedule2404_ch600.pdf

The new show is called "News Suplex". Rossy Ogawa will be on it as the the first guest.

https://twitter.com/samuraiTV/status/1775180712632795629

Alright well today was fun as I got to chalk off Korakuen from the bucket list and see a super fun DDT show (April Fool). I might honestly have preferred it to Sakura Genesis, the much more laid back and fun vibe was a treat.

I'm not sure if they showed the pre-show match but there were some...interesting characters in there.

Oh and Big Hash is the TRUTH

• Like 1