DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

We have four ranked vs ranked matchups this week, but it's a bit of a slow week overall with it being the annual "half the SEC (plus Florida State this year) plays a cupcake tune up game before rivalry week" Saturday. Included are such likely classics as Chattanooga at Alabama, North Alabama at Florida State, Georgia State at LSU, and Louisiana-Monroe at Ole Miss.

The SEC does boast one ranked vs ranked matchup, #1 Georgia at #18 Tennessee, but frankly I'm baffled why Tennessee is ranked at all, much less top twenty. Their best win is over a mediocre Kentucky team, Alabama beat them down in the second half, and Mizzou beat them down for the whole game, plus they lost to a not very good Florida team.

The Big XII (which technically could still end in a 8 team tie for first place) has a ranked vs ranked rivalry game #21 Kansas at #25 Kansas State.

The PAC-12 has the other two, with #22 Utah at #17 Arizona and, in by far the biggest game of the week on paper, #5 Washington goes to #11 Oregon State.

However, the real drama this week is in the courtrooms. As mentioned above, the PAC-2 has gained control of the league with a stay until an appeal is heard Monday, and also with the judge implying there are guardrails if they try to just completely screw over the exiting ten schools.

And Friday Jim Harbaugh and America's Team have their day in court to try to get a preliminary injunction to allow Harbaugh to coach Michigan the final two weeks of the season.

12 hours ago, hammerva said:

Finebaun needs to go full gimmick in this fued and appear on his show in nothing but a robe

You are welcome for the visual 😉

Coach O would sue for gimmick infringement.

And Michigan, Harbaugh, and The Big Ten have suddenly made nice. Big Ten is ending it's investigation into Michigan, the university and Harbaugh are dropping their legal challenge and accepting the suspension.

Texas A&M's payments to Jimbo Fisher going forward:

Within 60 Days: $19.4 million
Within 120 Days: $7.27 million
2025: $7.27 million
2026: $7.27 million
2027: $7.27 million
2028: $7.27 million
2029: $7.27 million
2030: $7.27 million
2031: $7.27 million

I'm just gonna guess they have the ironclad evidence that Harbaugh masterminded or at the very least knew and participated and are slow walking to make sure he's gone to the NFL before they have to go full saiyan on the school.

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm just gonna guess they have the ironclad evidence that Harbaugh masterminded or at the very least knew and participated and are slow walking to make sure he's gone to the NFL before they have to go full saiyan on the school.

Dunno, the settlement included a statement specifically saying there was no evidence against Harbaugh. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

56-14 final, and Shedeur Sanders and Travis Hunter was injured.

56-14 might seem like a close score in their next game if both guys can't go when they play Utah. The dropoff at QB after Shedeur is pretty drastic. 

Obviously I just hope Jordan Travis is ok first. In a time where every heartthrob quarterback is overrated for personal qualities, he is not. He is a great man and I hope he gets to keep playing football because he’s a great football player too.

As for this game I’m not even that mad because I could smell this shit from a mile away. I don’t just mean upset watch. Anybody who watches football knows that can happen anytime at this point. I mean him getting hurt. When you come out flat in a game it will happen. When you decide to try and win the game yourself/let a guy try to win it himself it will dam sure happen. Now here we are. O we’ll win the game. We would have won it otherwise IMO. Now we’ll definitely win it because it’s all new now and everybody’s motivated. 

I’d confront Norvell about this if I were whoever confronts college coaches about things. We always come out flat. We did it 1 to many times now.