DVDVR Message Board

AEW DYNAMITE- 1/18/2023!

DEAN

• DEAN pinned this topic
1 hour ago, JLowe said:

Is there an Applebee’s in Times Square? I haven’t set foot in there since it was reimagined as a Midwestern tourist destination.

You kind of answered your own question there. What kind of Midwestern tourist destination wouldn't have an Applebees?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Log said:

You kind of answered your own question there. What kind of Midwestern tourist destination wouldn't have an Applebees?

it reminds me of an old (like at least 20 years) Walmart commercial where the gist was some woman who would always go to Walmart when she had to travel so there was somewhere familiar. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Young Bucks vs. Top Flight

Hell yeah. I've been waiting very patiently for them to run this one again since Darius returned, and they had the killer six man with AR Fox vs DT at one of the Dynamites we just went to. Nothing against their earlier bouts in Jacksonville, but the high flying N64 style sprints really need a crowd (and plus you've got a fully healthy Darius, and a Dante with three more years experience under his belt - win/win)

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

so all those scenarios about Shida turning heel on Storm... and a week later, Saraya/Storm pretty much turn heel postmatch on Willow?

Bucks/Top Flight is slightly more fun when you realize the Bucks are pretty much heels.

One of these weeks Starks/Andretti will escape their feud with the JAS.

So, how many people would Rick Rude murder if he was alive to be on Slapfight PowerSlap?

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

Caught Darby Allin vs. Kushida. I wish it went longer but that was probably one of Allin's better matches. He sold the fuck outta the arm and I liked his Scorpion Deathlock into a cradle pin (he needs a name for it honestly).

MJF said a bunch of words that I saw on Twitter and I don't care. Most of the Twitter comments were like "whatever, when are you gonna wrestle MJF?" or "when's Moxley getting the title back?" Honestly, he needs to just stop doing promos since he's supposedly an 'attraction' (like a car wreck on the side of the road type). His promos need to come once in awhile if at all. Otherwise, they are going to overstay their welcome and not be special anymore since he talks every week.

I guess TK told him that people were pissed about his making fun of Takeshita last week and just said don't come out and to stay backstage. I would have hated for MJF to have dressed down Bandido about where he's from and stole something else from YouTube (probably Ernie Ladd's comment about Mr. Wrestling II wearing a mask and 'only criminals wear masks' and applying it to Bandido).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Saraya and Toni Storm turning heel so quickly is strange.  Like they are telling us that Britt Baker was right all along.  But if it keeps Shida a face I will allow it

Probably read the room with the crowd reactions and Shida getting overlooked for Storm. AEW originals in Baker and Shida as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

Bandito is OVER. Awesome fucking match. 

Kinda miffed there wasn't more about Jay tbh. A 10-bell salute would've been appropriate, I think 🤷🏻

Edit: considering some of the shitty online discourse I've seen in the MINUTES since the show ended, I wanted to clarify that my frustration is with whichever Warner exec dweeb refused to let Jay be on their cable TV. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

Caught Darby Allin vs. Kushida. I wish it went longer but that was probably one of Allin's better matches. He sold the fuck outta the arm and I liked his Scorpion Deathlock into a cradle pin (he needs a name for it honestly).

MJF said a bunch of words that I saw on Twitter and I don't care. Most of the Twitter comments were like "whatever, when are you gonna wrestle MJF?" or "when's Moxley getting the title back?" Honestly, he needs to just stop doing promos since he's supposedly an 'attraction' (like a car wreck on the side of the road type). His promos need to come once in awhile if at all. Otherwise, they are going to overstay their welcome and not be special anymore since he talks every week.

I guess TK told him that people were pissed about his making fun of Takeshita last week and just said don't come out and to stay backstage. I would have hated for MJF to have dressed down Bandido about where he's from and stole something else from YouTube (probably Ernie Ladd's comment about Mr. Wrestling II wearing a mask and 'only criminals wear masks' and applying it to Bandido).

It's the Last Supper and it's his secondary finish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The world is fucking awful.  Let's enjoy some professional wrestling.  JANE!  In Fresno!  JAY LETHAL!  Satnam and Double J and Sanjay comes from the crowd to ringside! Danhausen is an usher!  This is already getting a little stupid.  The Best Friends are sitting ringside!  Cassidy OPTS to bump like an aging Darby Allin.  They are now just kind of fucking around.  Then they get to hitting a wad of rad NEARFALLS!  LETHAL INJECTION!  OC rolls out of the ring!  Danhausen plays guitar!  ORANGE PUNCH!  The pin!  FUCKERY!  That was a lot of bullcrap!  Several stars! It's Dante Martin!  It's Darius Martin!  It's Nick Jackson!  It's Matt Jackson!  Nick HEATS THINGS UP!  The Young Bucks are going to channel the Blackpool Combat Club?  They both do a wad of double teams and it's FUN!  The Young Bucks go pretty much total heel in picture in picture!  Matt Jackson beats the hell out of Dante!  Matt and Darius spit at each other!  So they are channeling the Briscoes/FTR.  The Bucks are great channeling the Midnight Express, pulling Darius off the apron as Dante goes for the tag!  Darius channels Tracy Smothers after making the hot tag!  GREAT NEARFALL ON THE TOP FLIGHT DOOMSDAY DEVICE VARIATION!  The crowd is MOLTEN!  CANADIAN DESTROYER FOR TWO!  This match is fucking great!  DOOMSDAY DEVICE but Dante makes the save!  Double Superkick on Dante as Dante hits a Plancha!  DARIUS DUCKS THE DOUBLE SUPERKICK AND ROLLS UP MATT/NICK FOR THE WIN!  BCC! BCC! BCC!  Makes everybody better!  That was fucking awesome.  The GUNNS!  BUTTCHEEKS!  TINY PAUNTS!  They are wearing sweatpaunts!  ASS BOYS TALK! ASS BOYS TALK!  ASS BOYS TALK!  Max Caster curses a lot!  Hangman notices that he isn't currently doing anything.  Is he getting back the Elite or the Dark Order?  Jake Hagar is the Secret Super Worker of AEW!  Ricky Starks is on a roll!  GREAT kick to the face by Hagar!  DADDY MAGIC waits until picture in picture to CHEAT!  Cool Hand and  Daddy Magic BRING OUT THE TABLE!  Ricky punches HAgar in the fucking FACE A LOT!  Nice Spinning DDT by Ricky!  Ricky hits Daddy Magic and Cool Hand and hits a Spear for the win!  That was perfectly fine.  I await Starks vs Garcia.  Bryan Danielson!  Motherfucking EL BANDIDO!  Ooo!  That will rule! GARCICHO!  ACTIONSTARKS!  But now!  DANIELSON! Motherfucking BANDIDO! They start all Lucha Libre!  ROMERO SPECIAL after going all Negro Navarro!  Danielson escapes and applies the Romero Special!  Or tries to!  OH MAN!  This match is fucking awesome.  This REALLY makes me want to see AmDrag vs Zack Sabre Jr.  GREAT Stalling Hiptoss by Bandido!  Bandido makes with the Blue Panther submission!  DOUBLE TOPES!  PICTURE IN PICTURE!  I await the International Feed tomorrow!  TREE OF WOE!  AmDrag crushes Bandido's skull!  Another Romero Special!  Bandido goes on offense as we RETURN TO THE BIG SCREEN!  TORNILLO! GREAT DELAYED VERTICAL SUPLEX!  Love Machine Splash to AmDrag's knees!  LaBelle Lock!  into Rings of Saturn!  Bandido makes the ropes!  Jesus Christ,  I want MJF to force AmDrag to win a best of fifty against Konosuke Takeshita and El Bandido!  Jesus, this is fucking awesome.  21 PLEX!  FOR TWO!  KEY LOCK LIFT!  Bandido leans WAY into the High Knee by Danielson!  What a fucking match.  AWESOME!  TONI STORM AND SARAYA ARE TOTALLY EEEEEVIL!  Fuck'em up, Hikaru Shida!  Awesome!  Brian Cage vs Bryan Danielson!  MJF puts a bounty on AmDrag's Arm!  Tony Storm brings her EVIL to the ring!  Willow Nightingale is HARDCORE!  Storm kinda saved AEW Women's bacon by upper the STIFFNESS!  Tony Storm IS Judy Martin!  Will Saraya assume the Leilani Kai role?  So you will have TWO Glamour Girls tag teams feuding against each other as I LOSE MY MIND.  Storm applies the Full Nelson as we enjoy picture in picture!  Willow with the SPINEBUSTER!  Storm WRECKED EM!  POUNCE!  CANNONBALL FOR TWO!  SARAYA CHEATS!  STORM WITH A HANDFULL OF TIGHTS!  SARAYA AND STORM ATTACK WILLOW AND THE HEELTURN IS COMPLETE!  RUBY SOHO MAKES THE SAVE!  YAAAAAAAAAAAY!  TONI! TONI! TONI!  SARAYA! SARAYA! SARAYA!  Takeshita sez MJF IS ASSHOLE!  KUSHIDA!  KUSHIDA! KUSHIDA!  He's all over the place these days.  It's Darby Allin!  It's strange that Allin and Cassidy aren't on RAMPAGE this week.  Allin goes to the mat with KUSHIDA!  This is fun.  So Allin, Cassidy and Danielson are on the biggest current rolls.  Cassidy's match didn't quite live up to his latest matches.  Danielson MIGHT have had a better match against Bandido than against Takeshita.  Allin is having a New Japan Juniors match and it's awesome. The crowd is fucking MOLTEN for a KUSHIDA match and I don't think a lot of folks in Fresno watch IMPACT!  Strange!  Scorpion Death Drop!  KUSHIDA CRUSHES Allin's shoulder off the apron!  DARBY GOES FOR A RYDER KICK AND KUSHIDA SECURE THE JUJIKATAME ON THE FLOOR!  KUSHIDA CRUSHES ALLIN'S SHOULDER OFF THE TOP!  LA DOJO Dudes give STING a towel to throw in!  Allin hits the EGYPTIAN LEGLOCK FOR THE WIN!   That was great!  What a fucking awesome episode of professional wrestling.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

I would have hated for MJF to have dressed down Bandido about where he's from and stole something else from YouTube (probably Ernie Ladd's comment about Mr. Wrestling II wearing a mask and 'only criminals wear masks' and applying it to Bandido).

"well... I mean... his name is BANDIT-O... i'm not lying, folks!"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Saraya and Toni Storm turning heel so quickly is strange.  Like they are telling us that Britt Baker was right all along.  But if it keeps Shida a face I will allow it

I think Saraya was always meant to be a heel, but they knew she was not about to be booed in her first appearances back, so they made her a "face" but kept her pretty disingenuous. I don't think it was too quick, I think she was always on the line, but turning her back on Shida in that one promo cemented it.

Not super thrilled that in the end, they are going with homegrown vs outsiders, but Saraya and Storm should be super fun assholes

• Like 5