DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 1/21/2022

13 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

A wild Greek has been spotted!  Yep, that's me alright.  I also had a "Thank you, Coach Tony K!" sign that I kind of tried to show in the beginning, a "Remaster Sonic Adventure 2!" sign for my wife and of course this one.  Tried to not spam these but once I got confirmation they were shown via Discord I stopped with them.

I will say I thought the crowd was going to come off a lot quieter than they ended up sounding on TV.  It's almost like production pulled a minor miracle in getting the mics setup correctly and the shots to not make it look as empty as the other side was.  But it sure felt quiet in my section which is odd since I thought they would have tried to be more vocal considering they were on TV.  But I can at least say nobody was an asshat and the people around me had a grand ol' time.

I didn't pay much attention to the first few matches of Dark since I was busy making the signs in my seat.  I managed to convince security that I was in a rush and didn't have time so they let me through with the blank signs.  I guess they figured I was too much of a nerd to try anything stupid.  I was delighted to see Sonny though even live I found myself heading to concessions during the Gunn Club match.  I just can't get into them even though they're delightful heels.  The one great thing about a venue like this with not as many people is merch was easily accessible and well stocked.  And concession prices weren't too shabby either.  It felt like watching ROH at UMBC Center and had that weird independent show vibe that happened to be on national TV.

Yes, sir, that's me.  Full credit goes to @AxBfor suggesting it on Discord and I'm just glad I thought to bring three sheets of poster board instead of two.  Please know especially with recent stuff going on that you got a lot of people here that love and care about you.  Keep your head up, fella.  Love, Nick.

Thank you for doing that and for your lovely post, @NikoBaltimore. Thank you to @AxB for suggesting it. Means a lot. Thank you both. Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Rampage is a really fun hour of wrestling every week. Hook is over as fuck they got something special on their hands. Moxley looked good in his return. Trent and Nick Jackson was really fun my favorite match of the night. The main event was good I enjoyed it. Jade is another one like Hook who has a presence and is special. She’s gonna be big. Anna Jay is no slouch herself. Between the two of them there’s what 3 years of collective experience and they where out in that main event and both looked like they belonged out there.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 8:00 AM, Log said:

The Jade/Anna match is interesting.  Has there ever been a title match on national television for a major promotion between two wrestlers with so little experience combined?

So I figured the answer had to be Goldberg vs ???? So Goldberg vs Johnny Attitude in 97 when JA had less than 15 matches (The previous year Johnny Attitude wrestled Disco in his third match ever for the TV title on WCWSN) Goldberg also had US title defenses against Glacier, The Giant, and Rick Fuller all of whom had less that 3 years experience.

I hope Trent selling feeling in his extremities after a bump was just selling.

I enjoyed The Jacksons ring gear looking like the interior of Love Machine complete with Dingle Balls on the legs 

False Things You Believe About Cheech And Chong - YouTube

Also looking forward to Mox vs AmDrag May be an image of 4 people, beard and text that says 'Down LIVE "A mountie always gets his man"'

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I hope Trent selling feeling in his extremities after a bump was just selling.

That Kurt Angle nerve damage sell. Ishii does it too. Not as egregious as Danielson's seizure sells against Omega at Grand Slam but still brutal.

• Like 2

I complained about that in the Discord during the Cole match, he did the fencing response after the superplex and I found it really unnecessary. Love selling and it is a known injury of his, but that is not something that should be done off the cuff. If someone does the fencing response in the ring, that match better be fucking stopped.

Coincidentally, Budda Baker was knocked out in the Rams/Cardinals game a couple days later and did the fencing response. They didn't even attempt to move him until he was stabilized on a stretcher.

Trent has looked great since coming back, just wish he wouldn't do that.

• Like 1

I feel bad for the poor refs who see that selling and are like, "uh...are you selling or do I need to stop this?"*

*Insert joke about AEW refs notoriously not stopping some matches when they probably should have.

• Like 1