DVDVR Message Board

Best Version of a Move

Inspired by the best wrestling name thread @DEAN started a few weeks ago, I wanted to see what the board felt was the best version of a move, the time someone hit their signature move/finisher and it never looked better. Does not have to be a finisher.

Examples:

Tombstone Piledriver from Wrestlemania 26. Taker leaping in the air on it just adds a perfect touch to the ending of this match:

Spoiler

Burning hammer, it's debut. The horror in the commentator's voice really sells how devastating it is:

Spoiler

I think think this is the best Sternness Dust variation Akiyama ever hit. Doing it to Sasaki cannot be an easy feat:

Spoiler

Lastly, I always felt the stunner Austin hits on Michaels at Wrestlemania 14 looks so smooth:

Spoiler

Edited by Spontaneous
  • Like 3

Hitman-Austin-sharpshooter.jpg&ehk=KyhuA

My favourite use of Bret Hart's Sharpshooter has to be the above, Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13. The match itself, Austin's blood loss and trying to power out of the Sharpshooter like nobody has before. Iconic. Greatest match of all time. *****.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Daniel Bryan's debut of the running knee beating John Cena, WWE Champion and the biggest star in WWE clean as a sheet at SummerSlam 2013. Now that's a way to introduce a new move. I woke up to watch SummerSlam 2013 live. The show was worth it especially Cena/Bryan. A ***** match.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Daniel Bryan's debut of the running knee beating John Cena, WWE Champion and the biggest star in WWE clean as a sheet at SummerSlam 2013. Now that's a way to introduce a new move. I woke up to watch SummerSlam 2013 live. The show was worth it especially Cena/Bryan. A ***** match.

Agree that this was just beautiful, even in the replays and in slow motion it looks so perfectly executed. The way he connects with the knee to the face and then kind of adds an extra push is just amazing.

Below you’ll find the best Spear that Goldberg ever did thanks to Christian bumping as if he was hit by an 18 wheeler:

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Wow, he damn near ganso bombed him. That was nuts!

It’s one of my favourite all-time matches, and the last five minutes or so are just Kea eating Kawada’s most vicious offence.

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 9:32 AM, The Natural said:

Gotta go with KENTA having the best Busiaku Knee Kick as he is the innovator of the move.

Spoiler

Eddie Edwards's Boston Knee Party may be the slickest Shining Wizard since Muta's.

Spoiler

• Like 3

I was surprised to see The Barbarian using a superplex when he debuted as a mystery man in 1985 to save Paul Jones from Manny. 

I will still take Barry's #1 and then Bob #2. Super Top Rope being a different animal. 

• Like 2

As horrible of a person as he may have been, Dynamite Kid is one of my favorite wrestlers ever. Nobody threw a clothesline like Dynamite, well maybe except for Benoit.

Dynamite hits the hooking clothesline on Mick Foley @ 1:48.

• Like 1