DVDVR Message Board

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks as if its going to be set in 1984, right? Boss lost his arm in some sort of mission (gonna say during or shortly after the desert one judging by the first trailer, which showed Kiefer boss with both arms)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So far I'm not in love with Ground Zeroes.  Something about it just doesn't feel right.  The aiming system sucks.  Maybe that's intentional so you don't go around tranqing guys and have to find another way.  An odd complaint for me is that the layout is almost TOO big.  It's hard to explain why this bugs me, but it makes it a bit harder to figure out where you need to go.

• 7 months later...

An alleged leak at IGN ahead of tomorrow's scheduled big announcement has revealed that MGS5 will be released on September 1st.

CONFIRMED.

Kojima is claiming this is at least his final Metal Gear game, while tacitly acknowledging/kinda burying the fact that the series will likely continue on without him.

Can't wait. I really wish there was another Solid Snake game after 2/before 4, but the Big Boss story has been great.

Played the hell out of Ground Zeroes also. For such a small game, I spent 25 hours on it. All of those bonus missions were awesome. Only thing I'm still not really used to is Sutherland's voice. 

Will MG1 and 2 ever get remade? Hope so!

Can't wait. I really wish there was another Solid Snake game after 2/before 4, but the Big Boss story has been great.

Played the hell out of Ground Zeroes also. For such a small game, I spent 25 hours on it. All of those bonus missions were awesome. Only thing I'm still not really used to is Sutherland's voice. 

Will MG1 and 2 ever get remade? Hope so!

Weren't they included as ports on I believe the extended Snake Eater or whatever that was called.

Well, while the story was different MGS1 was a remake of MG2 in a whole lot of ways. It recycled a ton of set piece encounters (Ultra Box in the elevator, the spiral staircase, the chopper fight) and used pretty much the same mechanics except with polygons. I've always gotten the impression that Kojima considers the MSX games not really worth revisiting, and Konami's console output is so depressingly small these days that I don't see them wanting to invest AAA resources to remake them.

ETA: The ports (which were first done for Japanese cell phones) were released on Snake Eater: Subsistence and the HD collection for both PS3/360 and Vita.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reviews for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain are out and its getting great reviews including two 10/10 scores from IGN and GameSpot:

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-reviews-rounded-up

I hope the ports for last generation gamers are worthy. If I'm to play the game, it will be on the Xbox 360.

Yet to play Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. I believe there's only two difficulty levels, Normal and Hard. Shame the usual amount of difficulty levels in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater aren't included. I'm curious what they are in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

This is one that I am hoping gets the Black Friday discount treatment. I have actually never finished any of the games, and I may have to see if I can borrow someone's PS3 in order to play MGS IV.

It's completely stupid of me that I'm hyped for the game yet I've had Ground Zeroes sitting on my shelf since its release and the only reason its been opened is because I lent it to a friend. I should probably play it but I'm too obsessed with Ark.