• JL Sigman
  • MavsFan77
  • King Leonidas Of Sparta
  • Control
  • Jaedmc
  • Execproducer (revised)
  • Rippa

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

I’ve already thought of so many I forgot.  I at least blame some of it on the way Netflix buries movies. Beasts of No Nation!

As long as you got the correct movie with Beasts in the title on your ballot, you're fine. (Not referencing anything from the Wizarding World. Although, the film does have a certain magical element to it :)). 

8 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Yeah, the main one I left off would be top 10, so there is a tear rolling down my cheek.

I expect it to place anyway so no harm I guess.

You'll have to let me know when it comes up. I'm pretty positive the one I forgot won't show up. 

Really one of my favorite films of the decade (Top 3) I didn't even put on the list purpose. I saw it at a festival and distribution for it in the states has been non-existent, so I just didn't bother. There's probably several festival movies I could have put in the top 20-50, but didn't want to be that guy.

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

You'll have to let me know when it comes up. I'm pretty positive the one I forgot won't show up. 

Really one of my favorite films of the decade (Top 3) I didn't even put on the list purpose. I saw it at a festival and distribution for it in the states has been non-existent, so I just didn't bother. There's probably several festival movies I could have put in the top 20-50, but didn't want to be that guy.

But if you placed it top 3 it would probably make the cut right?

I can say I will be using the traditional 100 point threshhold

HOWEVER - like all the polls I run a few movies under 100 will make it. I just won't know exactly what it is till I actually do the maths.

• Like 1

Okay - just for official sake - THIS IS YOUR 48 HOUR DROP DEAD DEADLINE

I need any revisions by the end of Friday. I will also accept any new ballots up until that point too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am positive I am gonna have a movie in my Top 5 that doesn't make the countdown.

And I am going to blame each and every one of you

As of now its looking like 2 in my Top 10

Hope I am wrong

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I'd be interested to know how many movies were voted for in total compared to other decades.

It is right inline with most of the other decades (and way better than the 50s... thank God)

I don't know if I forgot any movies, but these are my highest priority movies on my list of shame, apologies for not getting around to them if you're a fan!

Parasite - So recent I just haven't had time yet. 
The Social Network - Not the biggest Jesse Eisenberg fan, also I don't have Facebook, so I may not relate.
Toy Story 3 - I was a teenager when the first two came out, so never really got into them enough to see the third.
12 Years a Slave - Not always in the mood for heavy.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Not the biggest Michael Cera fan, (get him mixed up with the above Eisenberg.)
Knives Out - So recent I just haven't had time yet.
The Master - Genuine list of shame moment, everyone tells me it's amazing.
The Fighter - Curious to watch just for another Bale transformation, no idea if it's actually good or not.
The Tree of Life - I haven't got around to finding out if this film is as long as Thin Red Line yet, which I struggled with, heard good things though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

I don't know if I forgot any movies, but these are my highest priority movies on my list of shame, apologies for not getting around to them if you're a fan!

Parasite - So recent I just haven't had time yet. 
The Social Network - Not the biggest Jesse Eisenberg fan, also I don't have Facebook, so I may not relate.
Toy Story 3 - I was a teenager when the first two came out, so never really got into them enough to see the third.
12 Years a Slave - Not always in the mood for heavy.
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - Not the biggest Michael Cera fan, (get him mixed up with the above Eisenberg.)
Knives Out - So recent I just haven't had time yet.
The Master - Genuine list of shame moment, everyone tells me it's amazing.
The Fighter - Curious to watch just for another Bale transformation, no idea if it's actually good or not.
The Tree of Life - I haven't got around to finding out if this film is as long as Thin Red Line yet, which I struggled with, heard good things though.

Of those I recommend Parasite, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, Knives Out and Toy Story 3. The Fighter's a step below those.

Edited by The Natural

Quick Update - my plan is to still begin today. Probably won't be until this afternoon as

A) Today is one my day a week in the office so I have to deal with real work stuff on and off all day

B) I need to figure out what my Flickr account is so I can do the movie posters again

C) Because I am a fucking moron - I realized this morning that I hadn't entered my own ballot.

• Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

Yeah - the issue is I have zero clue what the password is and when I go to reset it, it claims that every single email address I try is wrong.

So either I logged in via like Facebook (and that option is gone) or I created an email for just Flickr and the memory of that is gone.

I might just create one for DVDVR since that is all I use it for anyway

• RIPPA unpinned this topic

AH-HA!

I was kinda right - I had used my yahoo account before Flickr eliminated yahoo migration.

Oof... having to go to my Yahoo email for the password reset was fucking brutal.