DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 6/7/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Su Yung def. Alisha Edwards via mandible claw submission

Impact Wrestling - Airing June 7, 2019 from Philadelphia, PA

*Ace Austin def. Cousin Jake (w/ Cody Deaner) after a distraction from the Desi Hit Squad.

*Rosemary (w/ Su Yung chained at ringside) vs. Taya Valkyrie went to a no contest when Jessicka Havok came out with Father James Mitchell and laid out both Rosemary & Taya. Havok & Mitchell took Su back with them as they left.

*Madman Fulton (w/ Sami Callihan) def. two local wrestlers in a squash.

*oVe (Dave & Jake Crist) def. Fallah Bahh & Scarlett Bordeaux when Dave pinned Fallah after hitting him with a roll of quarters. After the match, oVe attack Scarlett until Tessa Blanchard makes the save.

*Jordynne Grace def. Kiera Hogan with the Grace Driver

*LAX (Ortiz & Santana) def. The Rascalz via reverse decision DQ to retain the tag team championships. During the match, the ref was knocked down and the Rascalz went on to win with a second ref making the count but the first ref reversed the decision for a DQ.

Edited by DreamBroken

I might watch to see what Moose and the North can get out of the ECW guys and Grace/Hogan will be good but these results aren't exactly setting my world on fire. These tapings seem very skippable, probably from having to re-write everything with Cage injured.

• Like 1

Apparently Dreamer cut a promo saying Impact and ECW are the same because they are made up of misfits and castoffs

So Tommy is clearly the master of backhanded compliments

38 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently Dreamer cut a promo saying Impact and ECW are the same because they are made up of misfits and castoffs

So Tommy is clearly the master of backhanded compliments

Dreamer should stick to crying when fans chant ECW.

• Like 1

People get on my case when I call this company TNA instead of Impact.  And while the product is better than it has been in the last 3 years, nothing says TNA more than what the 4th reboot/resurgence of the ECW idea in this company.   I mean seriously who in 2019 is riding the ECW  train besides Tommy Dreamer and everyone from PWInsider.com

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

People get on my case when I call this company TNA instead of Impact.  And while the product is better than it has been in the last 3 years, nothing says TNA more than what the 4th reboot/resurgence of the ECW idea in this company.   I mean seriously who in 2019 is riding the ECW  train besides Tommy Dreamer and everyone from PWInsider.com

Nothing says TNA to me like Jeff Jarrett: NWA/TNA world champion...and a midget jerking off in a garbage can.

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

What's bad is I'm like 10 or so episodes behind and reading the spoilers has me wondering what the fuck is going on.  I love ECW but seeing them added is just sad at this point.  I mean I'll eventually find a way to catch up but there's just going to be more stuff to skip through.

Cousin Jake is Jake Something? Totally did not recognise him. He had probably the best match Ace Austin has had in Impact so far. Usually in bag man/small man tag teams, the smaller one is the worker of the team, but I rate Jake as more talented than Cody.

Jessica Havok being back is it bit out of nowhere. Where did she go? She was built up for ages, they built to s monster vs monster feud with Awesome Kong, then she just vanished. Rosemary vs Taya seemed a lot like a match that involved a shouting contest. More of a tease than a match, probably a feud they intend going back to at some point, but this was more of an angle advancement segment.

Flashback match was The Great Muta vs Mr Anderson from 2015. I have no memory of this happening, and I was watching Impact all year that year. Oh, it's from a One Night Only. Team TNA vs Team World final showdown. OK. Not much to it, but one of the better mistings. Probably because they were so close together, he did it to escape the Mic Check.

The stiffest offence during Madman Fulton's squash match was the motivational slaps Sami was giving Madman. Still, far from the worst chokeslams seen on a wrestling show today. Not sure what the jobber's Missing Link/ Marty Jannetty mashup gimmick was supposed to be. Then oVe faced Fallah Bahh and Scarlett Bordeaux, and I had no idea Scarlett was such a high flier. Round the World flying headscissors, top rope Somersault Plancha, Reverse Huracanrana... crazy. Fallah looked to be tiring pretty badly towards the end there. But then he worked more than half the match himself, so it stands to reason. But if OVE are getting involved in the Knockouts division, shouldn't Jessica Havok be on their team? They can (attempt to) recruit Rich Swann from Maryland, but not Defiance Ohio's Havok?

Keira Hogan vs Jordyyne Grace, and that leaping Senton looked pretty crushing. They should only book Jordynne against opponents who are bigger than she is, because her offence looks too hurty when she does it to smaller opponents, and they don't look like they can hurt her.

Main event was some craziness. I'm guessing they're doing a proper match at Slammiversary, and this was the 'leave them wanting more' match to set it up. If so, mission accomplished. I'm guessing that not facing Penta and Fenix helped LAX not torch a million finishers in this match. Those guys are a bad influence. On each other as well, their singles matches are far more conservative.

• Like 1

Baah/Scarlett vs. Crists & LAX vs. Wentz/Xavier were the best two matches of the night but Hogan vs. Grace was good with Hogan kicking out of lots of nasty offense by Grace. As said above the senton just crushed Hogan nastily.