DVDVR Message Board

ELDER SCROLLS OMNIBUS THREAD

JLSigman

Interesting, then maybe I will start it tonight. I just finished the last big quest for Thieves Guild and should finish up Dawnguard's final quest tonight which will make me so happy to finally drop the 60 lbs of Elder Scrolls.

Finished up Dawnguard couple of nights ago. Overall I dug though I wish they did a little more with the cast. I started then stopped the Dark Brotherhood quest line after I read more on and realized it's ultimate destination and that you can't betray them once you join. That is some straight up bullshit. I'm just going to kill them and loot their shit.

So an update on my Riften Marketplace Massacre

I clearly had hit a point where the game was like "We are going to wreck one of your cities shit" as I reloaded and went to Riften again. Same thing - big vampire attack with multiple dead when I got there (and this time it was folks I liked)

I think reloaded and went to Markath to see if it was Riften specific. Nope - huge fight multiple named folks dead.

So I decided to stick with the original version. No big deal.

Mjoll was sleeping in her house when it happened so I wonder if that will prevent her from having the freak out.

Alos - I found an ash pile outside of the Bee and the Barb and discovered it was the remains of Grelka - the lady with the armor shop. So the bodycount just went up one on that attack.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Finished up Dawnguard couple of nights ago. Overall I dug though I wish they did a little more with the cast. I started then stopped the Dark Brotherhood quest line after I read more on and realized it's ultimate destination and that you can't betray them once you join. That is some straight up bullshit. I'm just going to kill them and loot their shit.

No matter what you choose - you will have to go to their place if you are doing No Stone Unturned because one of them is there.

Figures., but since I plan to kill them for their shit anyways I can't say I'm too bothered by it.

EDIT: It again strikes me as weird how heavy your vampire attacks are. I never got anything like that.  Why do you keep fast traveling to cities? Its just asking for a big attack. Go to somewhere close and walk the rest of the way.

14 hours ago, Eivion said:

As I recall the Dark Brotherhood quest line starts with some straight up bullshit, so it's not surprising to learn that more comes along later.

• Like 2

Finished the College of Winterhold quest line. thought it was underwhelming in the end. There is never really anything explained about Acano in terms of his motives, and the final battle with him is pretty damn easy due to mages absolutely sucking at physical defense. Seriously how fuck do mages survive in robes. Enchant some damn light armor like sane people. Mirabelle dying off screen felt like lazy bs only done so you could take over the College. I mean the College members don't even make the decision themselves. Not quite sure what I'm doing next. I'm thinking I might finally at least get the Horn for the Greybeards.

I'm also on level 56 now and want someone decent who can keep up with me. I know Serana maxes at 50 so I dropped her for J'Zargo, but that guy is pretty damn useless though I do love listening to him. I think I may pick up Serana again.

• Like 1

You and I are having similar playthroughs.

I am like Level 55. Had already finished the College and in the middle of doing the Vampire stuff (I just finished in the Soul Cairn/Boneyard).

And I still need to get the horn 

Thank goodness for Aeri at Anga's Mill and her deep pockets and seemingly nevermind desire for chopped wood.

I have no problems grinding for an hour to make enough money to buy multiple completely tricked out homes.  

So just finished a bonkers quest trying to lure Saadia to the Whiterun Stables to turn her in to Kematu.

As I'm following her out of Whiterun to the stables, a vampire attacks and kills her.  I reload again to see if maybe they won't spawn this time but nope - another vampire attack.

Now - they attack almost immediately on the path outside of Whiterun - so I basically have to leap off the castle nearly killing myself while knocking over the vampire and his three dogs long enough with my shout for the 3 nearby Khajiit to attack quickly enough to kill them all before Saadia innocently walks by like nothings wrong.  

All that just to betray her and turn her in.  Shame.

Started the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest. I wasn't really trying to per say, but I needed to sleep for another quest. I went ahead and killed the admitted murderer before firing two arrows into Astrid. I feel like I might be overpowered now in full dragonscale armor, and double enchantments that are making nearly twice as strong bow and sword wise.

I am thinking I am going to switch to light armor soon since I made a full set of dragonscale armor a little while ago.

It is probably the only "skill" that the only points I have earned are through trainers.

So that would be a way to keep level grinding.

Obviously - I have to pick and choose my spots when to wear it though

They seemed to have stopped attacking cities. They do still show up as random encounters so you might run into them close to villages and open Holds.

Just finished destroying the Dark Brotherhood. That was disappointing. Those guys went down easily. At this point I think I've actually played through more of the game than I did the first time around. Going through as much as I have along with FO3 & FO4 it really hits upon me that Bethesda are very weird in that they manage to be fairly hard workers developing the games they do yet at the same time manage to be so incredibly lazy with the story telling. Its kind of ridiculous that with both the Dark Brotherhood story and Companions story that there are rival factions you can't really join and/or do a proper quest line with. Acano never makes any sense as the villain for the College story other than being Thalmor, who themselves really don't get any sort of interesting story despite beign presented as so hated and villainous. I think Dawnguard and Thieves Guild are the only stories so far that seem decently developed. Playing this makes how Fallout 4 turned out way less surprising. Its even worse though in FO4 case because they also seemed afraid of giving as much depth to the world as they did to Skyrim. Still enjoying the game a a good deal, I just wish there was more to the writing.

• Like 1

Stupid Companions - Go to Faldar's Tooth and retrieve the plans they say.  

Takes me 2 hours and about a million deaths to get through Faldar's Tooth, exit back out to Skyrim and the game is all haha you didn't have to go in there at all you just had to climb up the side of the castle wall, kill one dude and the plans are right there!

Fucking game sometimes.  

I think the only big quest lines I have left are the civil war, Dragonborn, & the main quest. Not sure which I'm doing next, but right now I doing the Potema quest which feels like it should be bigger considering how dangerous they state her to be. Right now I'm using Teldryn Sero as my follower. He has decent magic, sword skills, and zero problem using staffs. The only problem I have with him is his not giving a fuck if I'm in the way. I may just keep him with swords and knives soon.

I'm curious can I avoid the Blades request to kill Paarthurnax if I complete the Civil War first?

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God Dammit

Guess I can't cure Seranna because I missed a conversation choice like 8 conversations ago

Oh well

I definitely save early and often before talking to her.  Because I don't want to say the "wrong" thing and I definitely don't want to replay an hour of the fucking Forgotten Vale because I accidentally said the wrong thing.  Dawnguard's got a couple stages that are tedious enough the first time. :)

• Like 1

I'm curious what choices do people normally make when it comes to curing Serana? Not even sure if I still can, but I kind of chose not to when I had the choice since she mentioned that she actually liked her vampirism even if she didn't care for how it came about.