DVDVR Message Board

W.O.W. - Women of Wrestling (New Incarnation)

Lots of short matches but a fun amount of variety this week. KRAMPUS entrance was epic for sure, Stephy keeps getting squashed but I like her. Dug the intro video package on the Dagger so was surprised she ended up being a heel later. Rough finish in Aussie/Holidead as they claimed that she got all of that frog splash but not quite. The Beast is awesome but sad to see Azteca get destroyed in a minute as she had looked good in her other matches. Definitely feeling Beast/Jungle as a big time showdown match though.

• Like 1

Decentish episode. Krumpus/Stephy felt the most like an old school WOW match in-ring wise that I've seen since the television return. Kinda rough all around but endearing. And I feel like Krumpus' actual wrestling attire is a letdown from her Boss Ass Entrance garb.

I like the Dagger/Temptress duo. Katarina Waters has always been one of those wrestlers that I'm surprised never got bigger. Looking forward to them possibly taking on Keta/Fire.

They are doing a good job of building up The Beast but poor Azteca. 

• Like 1

Kobra Moon/Azteca and Temptress/Fire were both great stuff this week. Big fan of Kobra Moon/thunder rosa and Temptress/Katarina so I was glad to see them both get time to shine. Good for Azteca to rebound a bit even with another defeat, after last week's squash. I like Temptress & Dagger as a duo. Main event was more solid build to Jungle/Beast. Thought Havok looked real good here as well. Only disappointment of the night was Jessie/Chantilly being ridiculously short when both are capable of what could've been a pretty good match.

• Like 1

Another enjoyable episode of matches. I like the Temptress/Dagger team and look forward to more of them Vs Keta/Fire. 

I really am starting to like Azteca and liked her match against Kobra Moon. I see they brought back Sophia, looking like Nikki and Brie’s older sister. 

Eye Candy/Havok was also good and I’m enjoying the build to Jungle Grrl/Beast.

Lana Star has been one of my favorite WOW personalities since the old days. This new role plays more to her strengths. 

• Like 1

Good show. They featured the stronger wrestling talent, continued storylines pretty well, and there was even a cameo by Grable.

I like that Havok isnt real a focal point but is quietly brewing in the background. Temptress and Fire worked out well. Hot crowd for Fire as usual and Temptress milked the heat. Amber and Jungle Grrrl was ok. Again Lana's timing for interference is way off but I love her character.

Kobra vs Azteca was a bit of a surprise. Not as crisp but definitely a solid effort working a faster paced match. By the way they've used Azteca and her positioning on the cards I thought she was a home grown WOW talent so I was puzzled when Dave mentioned she was trained by Lance Storm. Did some digging and I'm assuming she is Giselle Shaw. Giselle was on WWEs radar a few years ago. Good looking girl and decent athlete. Glad she found some work. Glad Kobra was able to branch out and work for WOW too. Always liked her. 

• Like 1

WOW has officially been renewed for Season 2

AXS TV announced today that they have renewed WOW Women of Wrestling for a second season.

The network announced the reneweal in a live streaming conference held this morning, The season will be split in two, with the first part airing in the fall of 2019 and the second half airing in early 2020. The finale for the first season will air on March 8.

“WOW is proud to partner with AXS TV to bring this incredible promotion to viewers across the country,” Jeanie Buss, owner of WOW said in the press release. “It is an honor to be able to continue this organization’s long tradition of showcasing the absolute best in all-female wrestling.”

Although the channel does not release ratings information, the press release stated that the series has “garnered massive gains in viewership, smashing records en route to establishing itself as one of the highest performing original series among live viewers” in the network’s history.

The next set of WOW tapings will take place on May 15 and 16 at the Belasco Theater in Los Angeles.

• Like 3

Another fun episode to end season 1 with a bunch of stuff set up to be continued in season 2. Holidead & Siren made a fun team in a real solid tag match. Azteca has been a highlight of the show, surprised she took a third straight loss. Poor Stephy always getting beat up in the end but at least she got her first win. Kobra Moon always a highlight as well. Surprised to see Tessa on the verge of squashing Havok it seemed but a great cliffhanger ending to set up an eventual four way for the title, and hopefully still getting back to a Tessa/Santana one on one showdown at some point.

Really liked the opening video as well:

Best part of the show was Abilene's knee wrap magically switching from her right knee to her left knee when she caked Stephy. At least Kevin Dunn wouldn't butcher that one. lol

Oh, and did we really get a "tit-for-tat" on commentary when Kobra and Chloe were exchanging chops??  ?

• Haha 1

Tessa and Havok were having one of the best matches in the shows running until the ending. Great cliffhanger to end the season. Stiff shots, Tessa turned into a machine for the end stretch. Great stuff, I'm interested if they've met outside wow before. 

Kobra and Khloe was kinda bad, but it was still Khloe's best work. They definitely could have found Kobra a better opponent.

The tag match was here and there. Princess Aussie, whose gimmick I hate btw, can take a beating. I didnt feel like she had enough support from the crowd to really build that hot tag and she should have ate the pin instead of Azteca. Never really liked Holidead, whose gimmick I hate btw, and I'm not a fan if Vodoo. They work as a team though for the sake of building teams if they're planning on bringing the tag titles into the picture.

Glad to hear they were picked up for another season. I think they're going to be good about the feedback they've received, but its a pretty good format they have working now. Hope they can bring in some more good wrestlers. Iveliese, Melissa Anderson, Shotzi, and a few other west coast girls would fit in well. I'd like to see a Japanese talent too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AverageKong said:

Tessa and Havok were having one of the best matches in the shows running until the ending. Great cliffhanger to end the season. Stiff shots, Tessa turned into a machine for the end stretch. Great stuff, I'm interested if they've met outside wow before.

They had a couple matches in SHIMMER back in 2016, then they were a team when they toured Stardom in 2017. Definitely interested to see more, Havok's looked the best I've seen her in awhile as of late.

• 5 months later...

Great to have it back! Jessie Jones and Fire are two of the best here. I'm always down for more Alisha so Sassy Massy is a welcome addition. I love Razor of the Psycho Sisters, her look is the best. The tag match itself ending was all sorts of awkward. But looking forward to their creating a tag division, we definitely need some Caged Heat. Main event mix is still fun. Was wondering how they'd get out of an elimination triple threat with three wrestlers they didn't want taking a fall, especially knowing there wasn't much time for it. Nevaeh is one of my all time favorites so I'm stoked to see her involved here as Hazard. Should be another fun season.

Excellent main event this week, best match in the WOW reboot yet. Huge fan of Serpentine/thunder rosa and Tessa at her best, this was awesome. Tag match was fun with a fast pace, Holidead rules and Stephy Slays remains one of my favs here. Abilene/Adrenaline was a super solid 5 minutes, always wanted Impact to do more with Diamante than they did, great finish. Abilene adds some great expressions, shame she has since retired. Amber O'Neal mocking Faith's dance was hilarious, I like the potential pairing of Amber & Jessie Jones.

24 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Excellent main event this week, best match in the WOW reboot yet. Huge fan of Serpentine/thunder rosa and Tessa at her best, this was awesome. Tag match was fun with a fast pace, Holidead rules and Stephy Slays remains one of my favs here. Abilene/Adrenaline was a super solid 5 minutes, always wanted Impact to do more with Diamante than they did, great finish. Abilene adds some great expressions, shame she has since retired. Amber O'Neal mocking Faith's dance was hilarious, I like the potential pairing of Amber & Jessie Jones.

I thought that was Thunder Rosa.  I like her with this gimmick because she doesn't do the annoying shit she does as Thunder Rosa and she's really good playing it straight.  Tessa was super over-the-top dramatical.  The best match on WOW prolly ever.

The Holidead tag match was a total mess.  I can't imagine what it looked like unedited.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Catching up on the latest ep. Main event was short but fun while it lasted. Love the Monsters of Madness as a team. Good continuation of the Jungle/Beast feud. Chantilly/Massy also look like a good team, enjoyed the match vs Abilene/Disciplnarian. Reyes/Temptress had some rough spots but I always dig watching Katarina/the Temptress and Reyes looks pretty good overall. the Psycho Sisters remains one of my favorite acts in the company, solid roster.

Real solid first two matches this week. Fire/Fury was pretty great and I love Chantilly Chella's character. Tag match was a fun storyline, Jessie Jones is great. Main event was fast paced with an awesome build but wild face/heel dynamics with seemingly a double turn for Jungle and Beast but the match still has Jungle getting the visual fall and hit by interference. Overall another enjoyable hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Another awesome Tessa main event this week, like the one with Serpentine a few weeks back. This was a hell of a sprint. Reyes looked her absolute best yet, nailing all her spots crisp and Tessa bumping all over the place & selling made everything look that much better. Tessa was on fire, loved the corner Magnum off the 2nd rope. Love how there's always multiple people gunning for the title. Monsters of Madness looked good in their squash. Stephy/Disciplinarian was another fun 5 minutes as was Jungle/Massy, a bit more competitive than expected but good.

13 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Another awesome Tessa main event this week, like the one with Serpentine a few weeks back. This was a hell of a sprint. Reyes looked her absolute best yet, nailing all her spots crisp and Tessa bumping all over the place & selling made everything look that much better. Tessa was on fire, loved the corner Magnum off the 2nd rope. Love how there's always multiple people gunning for the title. Monsters of Madness looked good in their squash. Stephy/Disciplinarian was another fun 5 minutes as was Jungle/Massy, a bit more competitive than expected but good.

Tessa is fuckin 1989 Flair of WOW. Reyes has been perfectly fine in the three or four matches I've sen her have in WOW and in Tokyo Joshi,  but Tessa made her look like a fucking killer.  The rest of the episode was really fun.

• Like 2