DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

I wonder if Vince is selling the company because right now he’s in between a rock and a hard place. His hand picked top guy can’t fill that role. His remaining choices are too old to be the long term solution (Cena, Styles) or not sure how healthy they are (Bryan) and it’s gonna take a few years till the NXT kids (Gargano, Almas, Black) are ready for that spot.

If Vince is thinking of selling the company then staying with the status quo makes sense until a sale is made.

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Sons of McMahonarchy

Stealing it. 

2 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I thought it was after Asuka lost. That seemed to be the moment most of the people I saw online figured out this show was gonna suck

Now that's quality knee-jerking. 

Without resorting to hyperbole, this was the best Mania since 30. A lot going on here, some good, some bad, but I didn't find myself bored.

Charlotte-Asuka and the Ronda tag are the MOTNs. Don't mind the streak ending. I like Charlotte and Asuka will be fine. Ronda tag had some missteps, but got me to react.

Wrestling is better with Daniel Bryan than without.

Best dressed: Jinder Mahal.

Runner-up: Mustafa Ali.

AJ-Nak was fine for me, but only because I had low expectations. I'd have booked him at least against two other guys before I even bothered with Nak. That heel turn will do far more for him than winning the title. 

Screw all of you who spent the last month bitching about them potentially throwing AJ-Nak on first and then bitching about their position on this show.

My goodness, I knew watching they were gonna fuck me and have Brock retain. Like him, but it's time to go. 

Taker and Angle looked rough. Their legs are gone.

Decent Mania overall. Nia should weep less and be more of a killer. But the whole Revolution is begging for that. 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Without resorting to hyperbole, this was the best Mania since 30.

31 was so much better than 30 or tonight.

The first two hours of this show was great then it jumped off a very high cliff.

• Like 3

Charlotte ending the streak just doesn't accomplish much to me and now you have Asuka, having won the Royal Rumble not even win a title that's been traded several times throughout the last couple years.  I'm thinking Vince found out he had to write a $100K check to Rescue Dogs and this was the punishment. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Because they changed their plans on that feud completely, for one thing. Bayley was almost certainly supposed to be a heel by that MSG show, and now it's Sasha acting heelish.

For second, no matter how much you dislike it, they are going to put everyone on the show. Period. There wasn't time.

Wasn't time for what?  To actually come up with some more meaningful matches that made sense for the women instead of just throwing them all into a shitty, meaningless battle royal where the face wins in a cheapish, heelish fashion and gets a ridiculous looking and meaningless trophy?  Not everyone deserves to get booked at WrestleMania. Instead we end up with a bloated show that was too long where the fans were practically sitting on their hands for Styles and Nakamura and shitting all over the main event.

• Like 1

I'm not shocked Charlotte won. Last two weeks every conversation I've had about the show predictions I've said some variant of "I think Asuka wins but Vince loves Charlotte so I won't be surprised either way"

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

31 was so much better than 30 or tonight.

The first two hours of this show was great then it jumped off a very high cliff.

Respectfully disagree. Everything on 31 between Orton-Rollins and the main event did nothing for me. At least this show fostered a stable level of entertainment.

I thank shows like 31 for fostering the sort of low expectations I needed for 34 to be decent. 

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Wasn't time for what?  To actually come up with some more meaningful matches that made sense for the women instead of just throwing them all into a shitty, meaningless battle royal where the face wins in a cheapish, heelish fashion and gets a ridiculous looking and meaningless trophy?  Not everyone deserves to get booked at WrestleMania. Instead we end up with a bloated show that was too long where the fans were practically sitting on their hands for Styles and Nakamura and shitting all over the main event.

I repeat: no matter how much you hate it, EVERYONE IS GETTING BOOKED ON MANIA.

The battle royal was happening regardless. There was not enough time on this show that ran 5:15 (plus another two hours on the pre-show) for Bayley/Sasha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Charlotte ending the streak just doesn't accomplish much to me and now you have Asuka, having won the Royal Rumble not even win a title that's been traded several times throughout the last couple years.  I'm thinking Vince found out he had to write a $100K check to Rescue Dogs and this was the punishment. 

Royal Rumble is pretty much a pointless gimmick at this point. They won't actually get behind the people they allow to win it. It's become a meaningless prop.

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Respectfully disagree. Everything on 31 between Orton-Rollins and the main event did nothing for me. At least this show fostered a stable level of entertainment.

I thank shows like 31 for fostering the sort of low expectations I needed for 34 to be decent. 

I'm baffled. Everything on 31 over delivered, it flew by and is the third best Mania ever imo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I repeat: no matter how much you hate it, EVERYONE IS GETTING BOOKED ON MANIA.

The battle royal was happening regardless. There was not enough time on this show that ran 5:15 (plus another two hours on the pre-show) for Bayley/Sasha. 

Then ditch the women's battle royal and give that spot to Bayley Sasha Banks instead and let that feud go to its dramatic conclusion. No WrestleMania needs to be 7 hours and 15 minutes long. Is it any wonder fans were dead for Nakamura/Styles. 

7 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Without resorting to hyperbole, this was the best Mania since 30. 

31 had a better main event, a better Daniel Bryan match, a better Seth Rollins match, a better Randy Orrin match.

32 had a better women’s match and a better Taker match.

33 has a better Triple H match, better Reigns match, better Taker match, better RAW Women’s match.

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Then ditch the women's battle royal and give that spot to Bayley Sasha Banks instead and let that feud go to its dramatic conclusion.

That literally was never an option. Everyone gets booked. Period. End of story. 

• Like 2

XXX has Daniel Bryan's journey to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship and Undertaker's Streak ending.

XXXI main event is one of the best in the show's history between Lesnar/Reigns, a bloody good opening Ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship and THAT RKO by Orton to Rollins. Didn't like Sting vs. Triple H for Sting with the n.W.o. Just no.

Not sure which I'd go for with this tired noggin of mine.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Then ditch the women's battle royal and give that spot to Bayley Sasha Banks instead and let that feud go to its dramatic conclusion.

How about we ditch both battle royals, add Bayley/Sasha to the pre show but give the US title the Andre time. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Royal Rumble is pretty much a pointless gimmick at this point. They won't actually get behind the people they allow to win it. It's become a meaningless prop.

Does the same apply to the G1 Climax?

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

wwe-rumors-scott-hall-sting-triple-h-wre

Kevin Nash feigned a blown quad. That match ruled.

• Like 3

When I praised the presentation of WrestleMania, the set and entrances, I forgot to mention the strobe lighting in the ring:

takercena.jpg

Also the welcome return of the end of show video package recapping the night's events.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brysynner said:

31 had a better main event, a better Daniel Bryan match, a better Seth Rollins match, a better Randy Orrin match.

32 had a better women’s match and a better Taker match.

33 has a better Triple H match, better Reigns match, better Taker match, better RAW Women’s match.

31: I agree with the main event, I agree with DB. The other two are just the same thing twice, so stop. And I'm talking about consistency over hours of entertainment.

32: Longer Taker match where I need to endure Shane. No thanks. And I'd take Charlotte-Asuka over the three way. Even still, consistent entertainment is an issue. That Rock segment and main event did me in.

33: There was no true HHH match at 34, so why are we comparing? Also, this year's was better. Also, stop separating performers in the same matches. Also, 1-for-1 comparing womens title matches after massive roster shake-ups? For shame. Also, lack of consistency. 

I don't agree with your perspective and I'm not sure we're both watching the same shows.