DVDVR Message Board

WrestleMania XXXIV

MonteCarl

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Make Nia Jax vs. Bliss a minute, and give most of that time to Sasha vs. Bayley. There you go. 

So once you cut that match to a minute, you've got, what, 9 minutes added? Two minute video package, a minute each intro... Congrats, you gave them five minutes of ring time. Instead of the fifteen or twenty they'll eventually get.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

So once you cut that match to a minute, you've got, what, 9 minutes added? Two minute video package, a minute each intro... Congrats, you gave them five minutes of ring time. Instead of the fifteen or twenty they'll eventually get.

Take five minutes off of the Daniel Bryan tag and another five off the Rousey tag. That match didn't need to be 20 minutes. That gives you another solid 10 minutes. Kaboom.

Charlotte is way smoother than Bayley and is less botchy than Sasha. And yeah, I laughed at Charlotte's botch with Ruby too, don't worry. None of the four horsewomen have really looked consistently great on the main roster in my opinion but I think Charlotte is the most dependable of the bunch.

Bayley vs. Sasha better be as good as the Brooklyn match after all the hype you guys have built up for it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Take five minutes off of the Daniel Bryan tag and another five off the Rousey tag. That match didn't need to be 20 minutes. That gives you another solid 10 minutes. Kaboom.

Okay, so come out of your fantasy land where members of the McMahon family get their time cut. Because that's totally possible. Yup.

I mean, hell, let's be WrestleMania IV and have 16 matches in four hours. 

Or we could just look at this realistically. The real good idea in this feud is to have it climax in Brooklyn. If they aren't on SummerSlam you have an argument.

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

Charlotte is way smoother than Bayley and is less botchy than Sasha. And yeah, I laughed at Charlotte's botch with Ruby too, don't worry. None of the four horsewomen have really looked consistently great on the main roster in my opinion but I think Charlotte is the most dependable of the bunch.

I mean I'm just going to have to agree to disagree because Charlotte botches as much as any of them and Charlotte has the least amount of charisma out of the 4. I don't think she's "smoother" than any of them,  she's often robotic.   And I think she's pretty damn good too so this isn't me hating.  The point isn't that she should be pushed. The point is that she is protected like Reigns and the others are protected like Zack Ryder. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Okay, so come out of your fantasy land where members of the McMahon family get their time cut. Because that's totally possible. Yup.

Or we could just look at this realistically. The real good idea in this feud is to have it climax in Brooklyn. If they aren't on SummerSlam you have an argument.

Realistically, having 11 matches in five hours and 15 minutes was insane. Having a show that was technically 7 hours and 15 minutes and 14 matches long was insane.

I mean they cut Cena's time.  Cena got squashed in under three minutes tonight. JOHN CENA. So why can't I say, make a mixed tag 15 minutes and make special attraction tag match with a non-wrestler who is 47 like 10 minutes? 

Realistically, having 11 matches in five hours and 15 minutes was insane.

I mean they cut Cena's time.  Cena got squashed in under three minutes tonight. JOHN CENA. So why can't I say, make a mixed tag 15 minutes and make special attraction tag match with a non-wrestler who is 47 like 10 minutes? 

Because it won't happen. John Cena got a three minute match but a 15-20 minute segment and he's not a McMahon. There's a reason Triple H has had the longest match (not sure about tonight) on 6 of the last 7 Manias and the one he didn't, Shane did.

• Like 1

Sasha Banks is the best women's wrestler on the roster getting their best matches:

Bayley, Charlotte, Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax and argument for Asuka as well. I'd probably still take Asuka vs. Moon from NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III.

Banks vs. Asuka. RAW, 29th January 2018 > Charlotte vs. Asuka last night.

• Like 2

What is going on with Brock anyway? I joked that Vince must have coughed up a private island but I'm seeing all this stuff about him losing tomorrow night possibly?  That is what y'all are predicting?  Something is up..   I don't see Vince allowing Lesnar to brutalize Reigns unless 

A) Brock is dropping it to someone else very soon (Braun?)

B) Brock has re-signed. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

While I don't agree, I'm willing to accept what's done is done and move on. I'm bookmarking this to see what happens. So let's wait and see where it goes. 

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

What is going on with Brock anyway? I joked that Vince must have coughed up a private island but I'm seeing all this stuff about him losing tomorrow night possibly?  That is what y'all are predicting?  Something is up..   I don't see Vince allowing Lesnar to brutalize Reigns unless 

B) Brock has re-signed. 

To me that's just people or dirt sheet writers guessing since all the predictions and smart money said Brock Lesnar is losing and going back to the UFC. You had Dana White saying everywhere Lesnar is coming back and fighting in the UFC again. Despite the fact that Lesnar has to re-enter USADA testing pool which he is yet to do, and that's going to take a while if he comes out of retirement again. 

So they are probably thinking they had him win tonight to dash all those expectations, and will then turn around and lose tomorrow because he's "leaving."

Once again, dirt sheet writers get it wrong over half the time. 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

B) Brock has re-signed. 

I joked in the Post WrestleMania XXXIIIV RAW thread about a certain surprise Samoan Submission Machine putting Lesnar to sleep. That ain't happening.

I'm at the stage where I'd take nearly everyone as WWE Universal Champion over Brock. Losing the title on the post WrestleMania XXXIIIV RAW gets more eyes on than a different RAW.

To me that's just people or dirt sheet writers guessing since all the predictions and smart money said Brock Lesnar is losing and going back to the UFC. You had Dana White saying everywhere Lesnar is coming back and fighting in the UFC again. Despite the fact that Lesnar has to re-enter USADA testing pool which he is yet to do, and that's going to take a while if he comes out of retirement again. 

So they are probably thinking they had him win tonight to dash all those expectations, and will then turn around and lose tomorrow because he's "leaving."

Once again, dirt sheet writers get it wrong over half the time. 

I was confident Brock was losing regardless of his WWE vs UFC status. 

The only reason you make a heel unstoppable is to get over a face.

Best case scenario Braun Strowman vs. Lesnar would've been tonight's main events. Just 8-10 minutes of power moves, and Strowman wins, and that's it. That would've been the perfect ending to the show this year.

I don't get what it is with Strowman. There are moments where they make it look like he's going to be the guy and then they switch back to Roman Reigns. Vince Russo would be a more effective booker at this point, and I'm not joking when I say that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I was confident Brock was losing regardless of his WWE vs UFC status. 

The only reason you make a heel unstoppable is to get over a face.

Dana White was at the show tonight. Dana White was working the WWE fans, the UFC/MMA fans, and dirt sheet writers just like Vince tried to do it with Lesnar tonight. That's probably the price of letting Lesnar do some sort of work with the UFC again. White had to be in on what happened tonight. 

• Like 1

Dana White was at the show tonight. Dana White was working the WWE fans, the UFC/MMA fans, and dirt sheet writers just like Vince tried to do it with Lesnar tonight. That's probably the price of letting Lesnar do some sort of work with the UFC again. White had to be in on what happened tonight. 

I'm aware. I'm saying Dana's talk did nothing to work me because I was already 100% convinced Reigns was winning. If they'd announced Brock has re-signed with WWE this morning, I'd still have been fully convinced Roman was winning.

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

I'm aware. I'm saying Dana's talk did nothing to work me because I was already 100% convinced Reigns was winning. If they'd announced Brock has re-signed with WWE this morning, I'd still have been fully convinced Roman was winning.

Hey, so was I and all the shady European bookmakers.