DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

The devs pulled a fast one.   Bad Juju won't let you load the catalyst until you complete the pre-requisite enemy killing.   That's totally not how previous Exotic catalysts worked, so I am not sure if this is a new thing or if it is Bad Juju just being a pain in the ass.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It is most likely their way of combating the people who used the cheese to get Bad Juju and the Catalyst

Its exactly that. I forgot to mention it. Apparently when they talked up people getting punished for cheesing to get the weapon and catalyst, they decided those bastards wouldn't be able to actually use the catalyst until they got the tributes legitimately. 

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I already bitched about how I didnt think that Valor resets were going to be retroactive for Solstice

That being said - I am already halfway through another reset thanks to go hard the last 12 hours and the double valor

I reached the reset point early last week and figured I should save it after seeing people mention it might be necessary for Solstice. When it happens it will be my third reset which is the most I have ever gotten in a season and kind of insane to me since I'm not a big Crucible fan. 

I have 147 fragments right now. Why the hell would anyone even need the magnets?

The grind on Solstice armor is annoying me, but not as much as I thought it would so far.

I really wish the game would stop giving me ornaments for Warlocks and titans seeing as I don't use either.

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I should just reserve this space for JT bitching about platforming

Yeah, I got a This Is Bullshit vibe from the EAZ the first time I played, but I am getting the hang of how the portals work and it's not so bad once you get the lay of the zone and know which ruins are walls and which ones are actually staircases.

At least we're getting practice for running Phase One of Scourge of the Past since I've heard there is a similar platforming thing going on there as well.

Getting to the tops of the buildings would be much easier if the shitty green armor didn't give me a Mobility score of 3.

I've only got the green cloak left to upgrade and I can move on to the horror of the blue armor grind.

Shit you should probably know:

• If you are hell bent on making Solar orbs in the Crucible yourself for your green armor upgrade, you'll probably die and make your team lose.  Play the way you normally play and if the opportunity to nick orbs presents itself, grab 'em.  If not, don't.
  • Headshots in the Crucible with any weapon (including Kinetic I think) make enemy players spout orbs like a piñata and the orbs are based on whatever class you are running.   Go for the gourd and collect the orbs if you can, but (again) don't give the other team easy points because you have armor quest blinders on.  I brained a guy with my Bygones this morning. and five Solar orbs erupted from his head,  I got the final blow, so I am pretty sure that you don't need to use Energy or Power weapons of a certain element type to get orbs in PvP like you do in Gambit or PvE>
  • Adventures = The Heroics on the Flashpoint planet <> Daily Heroic Playlist.  Go run Deathless on Titan three times in a row to check that block.

Oh, yeah.  It totally figures that the last strike I needed to finish my armor grind was the fucking Corrupted.

I'm taking some sick leave to beg for antibiotics to rush the recovery of this upper respiratory infection I've been fighting for the better part of a week now.  I am sure my co-workers want me to be at 100% for this two weeks of night duty that's coming up.

I should be home by lunch to finish the green armor grind and move on to blue.

Edited by J.T.

I am on a three game Valor win streak and am almost up to Mythic I again.   I think I am going to rock some Rumble this afternoon to get my match count up for Redrix and nudge my Valor along for the rollover I'll need for the bounty and one of the Solstice armor sets.

Hopefully my ER won't go straight down the tubes.

God forbid I actually win a match or two.

One thing is for sure.  If I grind Rumble this week, I am going in gunning in full Crucible douchebag mode.   No way am I rocking Solstice armor for that shit.

Edited by J.T.

I am gonna try and finish my green armor this morning but I have a fuckton of strikes to run

Titans have to do void orbs in Crucible so thankfully all my usual weapons are void orb generating machines

Since the Triumph is for masterworking one piece of armor (not all of it) - I am good since one of the choices is the Valor reset

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am gonna try and finish my green armor this morning but I have a fuckton of strikes to run

Titans have to do void orbs in Crucible so thankfully all my usual weapons are void orb generating machines

There were void orbs for days in the matches I played this morning.  I grinded Solar orbs so much before heading in to the office that I am already done with the Crucible WC.

I will most likely knock out the Vanilla Gambit WC when I start playing around lunch.

I don't think I will worry about any of the WCs that aren't Solstice armor related except for the AC (need that Cimmerian Garrison speed run) and at some point I will try to make a run at the Outbreak if I don't put on my blue armor grind blinders.

I am keeping some WCs undone on purpose on the off chance that one of the armor pieces requires a WC completion for MW or upgrade status.

Edited by J.T.

Did the LoW emblem / triumph drop with this latest patch?  I don't recall seeing anything from the Postmaster or in my Triumphs.

I am old, so it might have been there and I just didn't notice it.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If it did - I haven't found it yet

I'll take a look at it when I get to the crib.  Heading to Patient First to nab my meds.  I should be on around 11 or so.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I get a lot of ornaments for Hunters. Oh well

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I have so many Titan ornaments that it's not funny.

Clearly the game heard me bitching since it gave me another Warlock ornament last night.

Yeah, I  just got my blue armor as well and my first thought was holy hell is this complete utter bullshit. The grind they want you to do on these is ridiculous. FFS, I need to complete five challenges when they knew damn I was going to knock out several just trying to finish the fucking green set. I need to get 75 void weapon kills on guardians, 300 ability kills in strikes, loot 50 EAZ chests, etc. I mean some of it just time consuming, if annoying. Other parts are just ridiculous. I swear they need to learn to balance getting people to play the game and turning them way the fuck off of it with ridiculous grind. So much of that shit could and should have been halved at least.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Got my blue armor and little looked at it and went "I need to take a break"

I was stubborn and dumb and kept going. 

My blue gauntlets are done and I am nearly to the point where all I'll need to do to finish is Gambit and EAZ bullshit.

Some more shit you should probably know:

• "Challenge" = WCs and DCs where you get the golden splash screen confirmation when you're done, so that means Flashpoints, Heroic Adventure DC's, Daily Heroic Playlist WCs and shit like that.  Ada-1's weapon frame WC and the treasure chest hunts don't count towards the five Challenges, but the bounties you complete count towards the fifty you need for the helmet. 

Learn from my pain, guys. 

One of my armor stips was to get 200 Void Grenade kills.  It took all fucking day to get them.  That and the 25 EDZ Patrols are probably the most tedious grinds I have encountered in the Hunter armor grind so far.

I was about to go apeshit when I saw that I needed 75 Player Kills with Void Weapons until I realized that:

1. I have a MW Graviton Lance in the Vault.
  2. I can go play Gambit, hog heavy, and erase dudes while invading / defending with my trusty Hammerhead.

I got the 75 Void PKs in like four Crucible matches, but it is a pain in the ass to play with piecemeal armor.  Blue armor doesn't give me Mobility or Resilience for jack shit.  

It's like Bungie is designing events with the sole purpose of destroying my post IB ER bump. It's bad enough I've got shit for stats while wearing blue armor pieces mixed in with my good gear.  Matchmaking continuing to put me on squads with assholes that don't play objectives or who are for their own body count doesn't help.

I'll get part of my day comped for morale boost since I will be on graveyard for the next two weeks starting this Saturday so I will bug out during lunch to go get a haircut and then head back to the grind. 

I won't get much gameage in tomorrow since I am heading up to the old crib in the morning while the ex-wifey is at work so that I can retrieve more of my shit.  She doesn't know it yet, but I am fucking yeeting all of my electronics as well as my fucking water flosser.  She'll have to move her broke ass DVD player to the loft if she wans to continue doing aerobics upstairs.

She's lucky I'm not taking the television set with me since I paid for it, but I just want out.  I don't want to be a complete douchebag and we'll both have to maintain some semblance of a functioning working relationship if we want to successfully part company for good.

Edited by J.T.

This is what you can do when you have too much free time to play D2.

Ninja Pups has found a wall glitch leading to a room containing a statue resembling one of the Dreaming City kitty bowl figurines.

No word on if this is going to be actual content or if it's merely a trash zone that the devs built to test stuff while designing the map.  It may also be terrain designed to support the map levels above it so that you can't glitch through the ground and fall "through the earth" to your death.

I guess we'll find out later on.

Edited by J.T.

I watched Khackis video first so I would make sure I didn't waste my time.

I got a little lucky in that I hadn't cashed in my Weekly with Ikora so I do have one challenge done.

As a Titan I have to get void orbs in strikes. So I decided that I would use my Fighting Lion and grind GL kills too.

That lasted one strike and then I needed to switch to Graviton Lance because I need something to generate orbs

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Ninja Pups has found a wall glitch leading to a room containing a statue resembling one of the Dreaming City kitty bowl figurines.

Mano has a video about it too.

Again the gjallarhorn rumors will never die

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I watched Khackis video first so I would make sure I didn't waste my time.

I got a little lucky in that I hadn't cashed in my Weekly with Ikora so I do have one challenge done.

As a Titan I have to get void orbs in strikes. So I decided that I would use my Fighting Lion and grind GL kills too.

That lasted one strike and then I needed to switch to Graviton Lance because I need something to generate orbs

Yep, I never cashed in my Ikora Weekly and I rarely ever do the fucking Daily Heroic playlist, so I had that challenge in reserve as well.

I also knocked out yesterday's Crucible DC while grinding the 75 Void Weapon PKs.  

I'm going to save the Nightfall WCs for when I get my Legendary set, so I'm sitting at 3-5 Challenges right now and will get my 4th after today's reset.  Hopefully it is Gambit so that I can double dip on Challenges and Gambit Match completion.

If I can get in an out of B-More without too many headaches, I should have the 5th Challenge done before I go to work tomorrow night and I'll have some of the weekend to grind EAZ. 

It's my custody weekend coming up and I need to do some rebonding with my family thanks to all of this fucking fallout from the now failed relationship, so my kid and I will  probably all grab lunch and go see Hobbs & Shaw before I have to go into the preparation coma for duty on Saturday night, and she'll spend the evenings with my mom and my sister.

I also need to get a shorty haircut so that I am not rocking a fro after two weeks on graveyard duty. 

Edited by J.T.

I have the Gambit Prime weekly still available so that helps since i have to do the 10 Gambit matches

Otherwise I have to wait till tomorrow when the Vanguard, Gambit and Crucible Daily resets