DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I was already falling asleep when I got home.

I did two Triumph Hall bounties - clearly was falling asleep in between PEs as I drove right off a cliff and had to start over again.

Then decided that I could probably knock out the reset in one or two matches - thank God I was right.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did two Triumph Hall bounties - clearly was falling asleep in between PEs as I drove right off a cliff and had to start over again.

I had that Boon bounty, too.

I was tempted to sandbag on the Dreaming City PE's since I only needed clears without dying rather than Heroic clears but since not upgrading PE's is a huge pet peeve of mine, I did my part to make sure that the that Rift Generator and Ether Ritual PE's I participated in were Heroic.

I noticed that there was one guy working Ether Ritual that didn't even remotely try to clear the stolen Ether nodules from the air, but the other player and I had MG's and made sure that no white poofs reached the converter. 

I smiled a little when the Machinist spawned as the PE upgraded to Heroic and she killed the sandbagger with her carpet bomb attack that she used to follow up the bullshit yellow bar boss defensive boop.

Edited by J.T.

I watched a little of the Vi Doc for Shadowkeep.   I have mixed feelings about the possible return of the Monte Carlo auto rifle to the Exotics arsenal.

MC's melee buff perk doesn't compliment most Hunter subclasses very well since we have shitty melees, but I would like to see how it works bottom tree Nightstalker (Way of the Pathfinder).  

Being able to Vanish In Smoke after every enemy kill would definitely have its PvE / PvP uses and give Nightstalkers yet another avenue to use an exotic item to really exploit invisibility.

Then Warlocks will complain and it will be nerfed within seconds.

I am almost bummed that the Return To The Cosmodrome event for Arc Week revived the Thunderlord rather than the Zhalo SuperCell.  Now there's the Exotic auto-rifle that needs to return to my arsenal. 

Some say that the D2 Riskrunner is the spiritual equivalent to the SuperCell, but that is bullshit because the Zhalo does not require you to take Arc damage before dishing it out.

Edited by J.T.

Finally finished up the multikill part of the Wendigo quest so I finally have that pinnacle weapon. Haven't used it yet though since picking it up was the last thing I did gaming wise before sleep. Now I just have the Recluse and one other thing I picked up and have no memory of hat it actually is. I can see dropping both depending on how much Comp annoys me. 

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Not really looking forward to competing with my own teammates over Power Ammo just to get Sword kills, but this is the nature of the beast that Bungie has built with these dumb bounties. 

I know that the IB armor bounties are supposed to be tweaked to improve team contributions, but I have a bad feeling I'll have to get my own Sword kills.  There is always that one dumbass on your team with a Wardcliff Coil that circles the purple like a fucking vulture.  Either that, or I will be on a team of morons that refuses to hold down the heavy spawn.

My teammates usually aren't too greedy with Heavy ammo. I actually tend to be the guy getting it a decent chunk of the time and that is because either no one is paying attention to it or I'm trying to stop the other team from getting it (and I was the lucky one to survive). I so rarely see Wardcliff Coil actually on a teammate. I'm usually one of the poor bastards getting hit by it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly I almost never see Wardcliff anymore

Its either people using grenade launchers or machine guns

Grenade Launchers are becoming the new PvP / PvE meta thanks to the last sandbox patch that buffed GL damage and made the Swarm of the Raven, Wendigo, and Prospector legit nightmares.

People use MG's because they are just plain ol' dependable.

Wardcliff Coil was never popular until the catalyst made the rocket swarm tighter and it became the go-to boss melter, / PvP cluster killer.

Then every-fucking-body was using it.  You couldn't get into a Strange Terrain Nighfall group without having a Wardcliff on you to run the Rally Barrier strat.

Edited by J.T.

Well people are also using it GL in Quickplay because they can do those kills at part of the Mountaintop quest

I am deeply amused how Datto did a video last week about how much the Mountaintop quest sucked (and he isn't the only one who pointed this out) and suddenly everyone is talking about it.

Like Kotaku posted an article about it yesterday.

You can use Private PVP lobbies to cheese the kill requirements for the Mountaintop and the Revoker quests.  It's amusing to watch players at the Vault consoles in the Tower loading a grenade launcher into every weapon slots.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am deeply amused how Datto did a video last week about how much the Mountaintop quest sucked (and he isn't the only one who pointed this out) and suddenly everyone is talking about it.

Datto is a prime content driver so I am not terribly surprised.   That is the kind of influential status that all YouTubers wish they had.

We're all better for it since developers have a nack for not listening to the silent majority but if one key player starts moaning and his fan base sings form the same hymn sheet, all of a sudden devs pop out of the woodwork to "address the known issue."

Devs know that if they keep guys like Datto happy, then that is a force multiplier.  If Datto is pleased, his legions of sheeple will also be please

Edited by J.T.

To be fair - his video was actually more "The most common question I get is how do I get good at comp?"

The answer was pretty much "You don't" (Clearly there was more to it than that and I agreed with like 90% of his point)

But the Kotaku article repeated the common logic around why Mountaintop sucks (since you have to play like a dick and that usually costs a team and in comp losses suck)

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - his video was actually more "The most common question I get is how do I get good at comp?"

The answer was pretty much "You don't" (Clearly there was more to it than that and I agreed with like 90% of his point)

To further be fair, I think that it the video where Datto recommends that his viewers check out CammyCake's "How To Be A Good Blueberry" video since a lot of players think that weapon meta alone will get them over the Fabled Glory hump when what they REALLY need to do is become smarter about how they play.

But yeah, Datto is 100% right. 

If you want to get really good at Comp, you need to practice and if you're going to be THAT good, you may as well be a pro and I applaud how he acknowledges that having that kind of time just for gaming isn't as fun as it sounds.

This is why I miss Trials being the endgame PvP activity where the really good people can go so that the rest of us can hit Comp for a bit and grind our Pinnacle Weapon quests without suffering demoralizing defeats every other match.

Since Trials isn't around to serve as the PvP bragging right's proving ground, the only place where PvP tryhards to go in order to show off their new Pinnacle Weaspon hardware is Quickplay.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But the Kotaku article repeated the common logic around why Mountaintop sucks (since you have to play like a dick and that usually costs a team and in comp losses suck)

From what I've experienced, the Mountaintop doesn't suck per se.  It's still a pretty lethal weapon.  I've been blown apart by quite a few Mountaintop gyrojets in the past few months.

The real problem with the Montaintop it takes a LOT of skill to master and it takes a lot of effort to complete the quest, so it is the proverbial juice that may not be worth the squeeze.    

It's not like Luna's Howl / Not Forgotten or Recluse that all require ZERO additional acclimation time with the weapon in order to get used to how they perform.

Edited by J.T.

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That should have read "the Mountaintop QUEST sucks" not the actual weapon

The quest doesn't really suck anymore now that players know how to cheese it by building booster PvP lobbies.

Edited by J.T.

AC this week is the Agonarch Abyss.

I am sad that I will have to wait another week for a chance to get in my last successful speed run, but I am happy that I can ignore the DC Weekly Challenge fetchits and spend more time grinding IB.

I played so much IB last night that it was unreal.  I was DETERMINED to get my grenade kills last night and move on to the next armor bounty. 

I think I finally went to bed around one in the morning.  It was insane.  It was like everyone on my team knew I was working on grenade kills and they all decided not to throw any.  

To make matters worse, I seemed to get a lot of long range maps where closing in would be really dumb, so I stayed at range and plunked away with my sniper rifle.  I'm close to halfway done with the 300 kills part and should be on track for the nightmare Comp double dip run once the IB is done.  If I am not really close to 300 sniper kills by next Tuesday, I wasn't trying hard enough.

I played so much fucking Crucible last night that I earned enough Valor to unlock the golden tribute statue of Shaxx for my Tribute Hall.  I also got a slight bump upwards for my ER from 1.60 to 1.62.  That's a lot of player murder and finishing in the positive.  I got dropped in a match with two minutes to go and my team lost, but I manage to reel of an 8.0.

I also discovered that Middle Tree Arcstrider can DEFLECT LORD OF WO;VES BLASTS WHEN YOU'RE SPINNING YOUR STAFF~!  I rushed the dude to see if I could FINALLY log my first Expert Deflect medal but the fucker tucked ass and fled when he saw his broke Exotic uber shotty doing nada.

COWARD~!

He escaped me only to get domed by a teammate's sniper shot.  That's what you get for being a bitch.

Anyway, I've put my IB cloak away and swapped some of my load-out to prep for these weapon kills I have to cobble together.  I finished the Flashpoint in order to complete one of Banshee's Weekly Bounties, but I am not going to bother with hustling treasure chests for Calus or doing the Dreaming City WC.  I will grind Gambit Prime if I have Boon bounties (I am almost up to a 60% discount!!!!!), but the real focus will be on IB armor.  

The only WC I intend to complete is Ada-1's Weaspon Frames since I only have one more to go in order to knock out another MoT triumph.  I got my Hush last night and used it to prep the frame I needed to forge the 750 Spiteful Fang that I then infused my Jade Rabbit to max light.

I will be doming fools tonight with the Rabbit to earn progress towards the Scout Rifle kills part of this new dumb IB armor bounty.

Watch me get short maps tonight to prevent me from getting Sniper Rifle kills.

Edited by J.T.

The proposed tweaks to the IB quest bounties didn't make it into this round of the tournament, which explains why I had so much grief getting that shit done last night.

It looks like the IB armor bounty progress counters will get patched right before the next IB the same time that the LoW nerf comes down and everyone who suffered through the last IB gets their special triumph seal and emblem.

Also, the Exotic weapons that count as "Calus-themed" and will provide bonus Tribute Hall progress are::

• Bad Juju
  • The completed version of Legend of Acrius (not the one you have to upgrade).  Rumor Killed:  It does not need to have the catalyst in order to provide the bonus progress benefit.
  • Tarrabah (the Exotic SMG from the new CoS raid)

That explains why there were so many guys hogging heavy and trying to get shotgun kills with the LoA last night.

Oh, almost forgot.  How's that Broadword handling in the Crucible?

Edited by J.T.

It has just occurred to me that I have almost completed all the criteria for the Sniper Rifle Mastery triumph, but I have never gotten a Mission Control medal and I KNOW I've gotten several back-to-back Sniper Rifle headshot kills from in my perspective was from waaaaaaaaay the fuck downtown.

It would be nice if our sniper rifle scopes came with a military-grade rangefinder like they do in real fucking life so that I can properly gauge my distance and not just have to eyeball it and fire.

Edited by J.T.

I was mostly just trying to knockout the Opulence bounties, but seemed to have the damnedest time compared to usual. My teammates in Gambit just sucked and got me killed so many times before I could finish a damn bounties. Crucible with those stupid precision bounties just seemed impossible to pull off which annoyed the shit pout of me since I had almost zero trouble doing them the first few times. Its like when I first got the damn things weeks ago I was so worried about pulling them off, but they ended up being finished easily. Now when i expect them to be done w/o too much difficulty its hard as fuck.

I mentioned this to JT last night but I have had Redrix drop for my twice last night after unlocking it.

I wish this applied to all pinnacle weapons because I sure would love a Breakneck to give my Warlock without doing it again

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I mentioned this to JT last night but I have had Redrix drop for my twice last night after unlocking it.

I wish this applied to all pinnacle weapons because I sure would love a Breakneck to give my Warlock without doing it again

I've never tried but in theory, couldn't you make a Breakneck for your Warlock from your Collections?  

Zavala doesn't return VPWs for tokens and Drifter plain ol' doesn't sell anything and the databases tied to his bounties only return certain items, so Collections would be the only way as I am sure there has to be some avenue for regretful chronic sharders like me to get their precious pinnacle weapons back.

I thought that getting sword kills was going to be the worst part of the latest IB bounty, but it turned out to be the most fun!  Straight mugging fools from around corners and shit with the Stryker's Sure-Hand!  I even beat a man to death with a sword that had no ammo and hurt his feelings to the point that he sent me a hate message.. 

I love being a max light PvP bully when the IB is in town.

Gutting dudes with my trusty Black Armory FF VII buster sword was very cathartic but I still need my Quickfang 2.0 ninja blade, so one day I will get serious about a Goldtusk sword grind.

So far the most annoying part is getting scout rifle kills and I was even using the Rabbit.   I only have ARs, Fusions, and Sniper kills left.  Since I've been working on the Revoker, I can almost get Sniper PKs in my sleep if the map is kind and there are Jotunn users a plenty in the IB so FR kills are almost getting themselves.  

I am lending a hand with my Loaded Question, naturally.  

I got the catalyst for the SUROS Regime last night, so I will probably grind that for the rest of the tournament even after I am done with getting AR kills for this bounty.  If I keep getting kills with it while grinding the rest of the armor bounties, I will most likely hit 300 kills before I get my full armor set and tackle the S7 Iron Truage triumph.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I've never tried but in theory, couldn't you make a Breakneck for your Warlock from your Collections?  

I am sure I could but I want it for free

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Solstice of Heores 2019 info

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48006

The big thing is the European Aerial Zone (EAZ) which sounds like it will work exactly like the Infinite Forest worked in the other events

Well besides the armor stuff we already talked about

The Voidstreak Sparrow is pretty sweet but there is no way I'm grinding Solstice stuff on three fucking characters just for a cosmetic.

Nope.   Didn't happen last year; won't happen this year.

It'll be all that my tolerance can take to attempt to clear the MoT triumph seal without becoming an alcoholic or a cutter.

*sigh*  

I'm lugging around soooooo many armor sets right now and here comes one more.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

stupid server maintenance

I saw that alert this morning on the D2 Companion app. 

I am sad for you, but I am sorta happy that shit is going down while I am still at work.  

As long as it's done by the time I get online this afternoon, I'm good.