DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I need Nightfalls for the Triumphs but I really dont wanna run them with Rat King

Just like I ain't doing Gambit with Rat King either

I did get the first of the Crucible related Triumphs done yesterday too.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I need Nightfalls for the Triumphs but I really dont wanna run them with Rat King

Just like I ain't doing Gambit with Rat King either

I did get the first of the Crucible related Triumphs done yesterday too.

Oh, we're not doing Nightfalls or Gambit with the RK.  That is madness.

My go-to modifiers for NS are Extinguish / Match Game / Famine so I always use Hard Light as my exotic and then match up my subclass and power weapon to whatever the singe is..

I sometimes run Iron or Grounded instead of Extinguish if I am rolling with randos who cannot seem to stay alive, but I almost never run Attrition, Momentum, or Blackout.

I think the worst time I have ever had in a Nightfall was trying to help some asshole who ran Arc Singe, Momentum and Blackout during Savathun's Song and he also jacked up the power handicap to dead even because he wanted to make a 200K - 300K run.

Remember the problems we had with the Thralls during your Thorn strike?   It was five times harder to stay alive during the Nightfall I was in with those randos, but at least the dickwad didn't have Extinguish on, otherwise I'd have quit after the second wipe.

I'm not surprised that you got the Crucible stuff done already.  You probably have like a million PvP hours logged since the start of the season.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Are you a PS4 guy, Eivion?  I have no idea why it has taken me this long to ask.

Pretty sure I've mentioned that a few times, but yeah I'm on PS4. 

Been using the Prometheus Lens to finish its catalyst. Not sure sure why I stopped using trace rifles. They are pretty useful, especially in Gambit. The Prometheus Lens is the safest weapon I've had against blockers. and envoys. Everything else requires way too much closeness for comfort, even Malfeasance. I am curious though just what is the ridiculous number of enemies I seemingly have to kill to get this damn catalyst finished. 

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Been using the Prometheus Lens to finish its catalyst. Not sure sure why I stopped using trace rifles. They are pretty useful, especially in Gambit. The Prometheus Lens is the safest weapon I've had against blockers. and envoys. Everything else requires way too much closeness for comfort, even Malfeasance. I am curious though just what is the ridiculous number of enemies I seemingly have to kill to get this damn catalyst finished. 

Trace Rifles with completed catalysts are your best friends in the Menagerie, especially during any of the Hive heavy modes.   They are stupid good for clearing adds  

You will evaporate whole gaggles of Thralls into nothingness and clear the field for your try hard fireteam members to do their thing.

The effectiveness of Trace Rifles in the Menagerie just makes me more angry that Xbox players still don't have the Void Trace Rifle exotic in our arsenal yet.

I wouldn't advise taking a Trace Rifle to Heroic Menagerie this week since Match Game is up.   If I find a group that lets my noob ass come along, I'll be bringing Hard Light and my Wendigo since Arc is this week's HM singe.

Edited by J.T.

I am assuming the Hot Fix getting deployed today will fix Blind Well. What I am curious about is did they fix the cheese that people discovered to get Bad Juju without having to spend any materials or do any Triumphs

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am assuming the Hot Fix getting deployed today will fix Blind Well. What I am curious about is did they fix the cheese that people discovered to get Bad Juju without having to spend any materials or do any Triumphs

I knew there had to be cheese since there are way too many people running around with Bad Juju's for there not to be an active exploit, but Triumph Score is my new Codex so I'm doing it the normal grindy way so that I can satisfy my OCD.

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Wait, there is cheap method for that shit? I had no idea so I've just been doing the triumphs for tributes and occasional buys.

There is a triumph for earning the max discount with the Visage of Calus vendor by doing his daily bounties and earning measly 1% increases, but you're grinding everything anyway so what is more burden?

I'm not buying shit from the Visage until I earn my full 80% discount.   I should get that done sometime in the year 2145.

You would be right on that. That is definitely not happening for me.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There is a triumph for earning the max discount with the Visage of Calus vendor by doing his daily bounties and earning measly 1% increases, but you're grinding everything anyway so what is more burden?

I'm not buying shit from the Visage until I earn my full 80% discount.   I should get that done sometime in the year 2145.

Oh I stopped that shit after one or 2-4 buys. Honestly I kind of hate Bungie for devising something where major resource gathering is necessary just after I stopped doing resource gathering as a norm last season.

I've considered it, but I'm not running around with thousands of legendary shards like Datto and Houndish. On the other hand I am running around with 2000+ Gunsmith materials so its definitely option though turning in and breaking down that much from Banshee would be so damn annoying.

31 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You would be right on that. That is definitely not happening for me.

Oh I stopped that shit after one or 2-4 buys. Honestly I kind of hate Bungie for devising something where major resource gathering is necessary just after I stopped doing resource gathering as a norm last season.

There isn't any resource gathering involved.   The Visage has four daily bounties that require you to complete a task (get X number of precision kills in a strike, collect 20 motes in Gambit, etc.) WITHOUT dying. 

Every time you complete a bounty, you get a Boon of Opulence that you can turn back in to the Visage for a cumulative 1% discount on his inventory of Tributes and there is a Triumph AND an emblem in it for you if you complete enough bounties and turn in enough boons to earn an 80% discount.

So doing the math, it would take you twenty days to earn the full discount if you completed four bounties per day.

Sounds like a lot (and it is a lot), but you're grinding bounties anyway so what's one more thing on the list?  At least you're not handing perfectly good Legendary Shards away that you could be using to infuse or masterwork your gear or pissing away Glimmer that you need to purchase more bounties or consumables like Raid Banners.

Edited by J.T.

Just now, RIPPA said:

I have over 7000 shards so I am kinda happy to have an excuse to use them (not to mention all the planet materials I have hoarded)

I have never had more than 5K shards.   I am always infusing or masterworking my gear.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

There isn't any resource gathering involved.   The Visage has four daily bounties that require you to complete a task (get X number of precision kills in a strike, collect 20 motes in Gambit, etc.) WITHOUT dying. 

Every time you complete a bounty, you get a Boon of Opulence that you can turn back in to the Visage for a cumulative 1% discount on his inventory of Tributes and there is a Triumph AND an emblem in it for you if you complete enough bounties and turn in enough boons to earn an 80% discount.

So doing the math, it would take you twenty days to earn the full discount if you completed four bounties per day.

Sounds like a lot (and it is a lot), but you're grinding bounties anyway so what's one more thing on the list?  At least you're not handing perfectly good Legendary Shards away that you could be using to infuse or masterwork your gear or pissing away Glimmer that you need to purchase more bounties.

I was talking about buying the tributes. The boons are evil as well for that whopping 1% bs, but definitely the lesser of two evils.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have over 7000 shards so I am kinda happy to have an excuse to use them (not to mention all the planet materials I have hoarded)

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I have never had more than 5K shards.   I am always infusing or masterworking my gear.

Yeah this is kind of crazy to me. Not sure I've ever had more than 1k shards.

I stocked up A LOT before Forsaken came out because I thought I was going to need like a billion

And then I didn't need that many.

But I also don't infuse just for the sake of infusing

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I stocked up A LOT before Forsaken came out because I thought I was going to need like a billion

And then I didn't need that many.

But I also don't infuse just for the sake of infusing

Rippa is always afraid of running short of supplies.   He'd make a great Army logistician officer.

This is the guy would risk his ass in ME3 multiplayer to make ammo runs because he was too cheap to burn Heat Sink consumables to resupply his weapons.   He rather spend the credits on loot boxes so that he could try to get new weapons or classes.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This is the guy would risk his ass in ME3 multiplayer to make ammo runs because he was too cheap to burn Heat Sink consumables to resupply his weapons.   He rather spend the credits on loot boxes so that he could try to get new weapons or classes.

To be fair - that was the only one I wouldn't spend and frequently it was because I forgot I had them.

Oh I should also point out that I have currently 4000 Gunsmith Materials... so I could have even more Legendary Shards if I wanted to spend the time buying and shredding shit

And I misspoke. My exact Shard total at the moment is 6769

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - that was the only one I wouldn't spend and frequently it was because I forgot I had them.

Even when I reminded you, you never used them.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Even when I reminded you, you never used them.

When you are doing as many grabs as I was - I didn't need as much ammo

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

When you are doing as many grabs as I was - I didn't need as much ammo

Oh, I know all about your grab numbers, O Grab Thief and shitty user of Cryo Ammo.

Also apparently the Triumph attached to Valor in the Crucible is basically you have to win 20 matches as opposed to wins streaks giving extra bonus

Now this is all based on a Mr. Fruit video but I figure its true (I also was reminded this morning why I don't watch Mr. Fruit videos)