DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I'm already using Beloved as my go-to sniper rifle in PvP while I am chasing the Revoker quest.

I've got an Opulent helmet, gauntlets, and cloak that I like but I have yet to get chest armor or boots with decent perks.

I'm also chasing an Austringer and a Fixed Odds with useful perks.

Mano is streaming live on Youtube today instead of Twitch so I just fired it up to watch as I eat lunch

Probably nothing shocking will come of it

Apparently the Blind Well is temporarily closed as one of the first Triumph bounties is "do public events in Dreaming City" so people immediately went to Blind Well and you can't insert charges.

Not sure if that will change once you complete that bounty or not.

Finally finished the Lumina quest last night. That invader kill was just so damn annoying to do. Breezed through Will of Thousands and destroying all of those crystals. Tried to test run Lumina in Gambit, but I had some shitty teams to work with and had to drop it for Malfeasance. Lumina and Last Word are nice to have, but it doesn't feel like either will be worth much in normal PvE stuff. I have discovered though that I kind of love the Drang (Baroque) for Gambit. The one I use has Swackbuckler which is decently useful. I really will have to try the Sturm and Drang combo soon. 

Haven't done anything from today reset yet, but I know I have t least one triumph/tribute completed already due to murdering so many enemies with the Drang in Gambit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well I guess unless you think Bad Juju returning was a shock

I knew it was coming back.   It was leaked on the Reddits.

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the Blind Well is temporarily closed as one of the first Triumph bounties is "do public events in Dreaming City" so people immediately went to Blind Well and you can't insert charges.

Well that sucks because I kinda wanna clear both of Petra's bounties this week since AC is a must do because I haven't made a successful speed run for Shattered Ruins.

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Finally finished the Lumina quest last night. That invader kill was just so damn annoying to do. 

It is a little easier if you have a Trust rocket launcher and since everyone on your team will be jockeying for the kill for their own medal, you don't really have to worry about blueberries just running away in terror at the first sign of an Invader.

The only annoying thing about the Lumina is that you can't hip fire in defense to save your own hide.   Your Noble Round will just zip away into the wind.

I started off with nine MoT triumphs done and I'm up to eleven now.  I'm slowly chipping away at the Bad Juju quest and I knocked out the ST where you had to beat a 100K Nightfall while in full Leviathan / Menagerie gear.  

If I am going to run the entire board, I'm going to have to get some brave souls to carry me through the raids and then I will have to get serious about Recluse and Revoker. 

You're in the driver's seat, Rippa.  One or two more Valor rollovers and you will have your Redrix's AND you'll clear the Crucible Pinnacle Weapon MoT triumph.  If I were you, I'd try to knock that out as soon as I could so you can earn another tribute towards the Bad Juju quest.

You can purchase some of the tributes, but I am cheap and there is a triumph called Thrifty where you get an emblem for getting your vendor discount with the Visage of Calus all the way to max (80%).

Of course there is a catch.   You have to complete his Boon of the Emperor daily bounties and each completion earns you a token that you can turn in for a whopping 1% increase. So yeah, you have to do complete eighty bounties and at four per day (if you are a hardcore idiot that plays to the exclusion of everything else in the world), that's 20 days straight.

I ain't got that kind of time.   It's summer and I have movies to go see and roller coasters to ride with my daughter.  Oh, and my relationship is in the shitter so now I have to get my townhouse ready for sale and prep to move all of my shit to storage. 

GOOD TIMES~!

Oh, and grats on FINALLY~! getting your Jotunn, Rippa!   Embrace the fiery evil and go melt dudes in the Crucible.  I'll be pulling mine out of the Vault when I need to start getting fusion rifle kills once I am up to that part of the IB bounty quests.

Edited by J.T.

37 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You're in the driver's seat, Rippa.  One or two more Valor rollovers and you will have your Redrix's AND you'll clear the Crucible Pinnacle Weapon MoT triumph.  If I were you, I'd try to knock that out as soon as I could so you can earn another tribute towards the Bad Juju quest.

Didn't you do some of the early raids? Because I sure as hell didn't and that will put you well ahead of me.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Didn't you do some of the early raids? Because I sure as hell didn't and that will put you well ahead of me.

I have only run the normal versions of Leviathan and Eater of Worlds albeit multiple times.   Spire of Stars is about as fun as getting Tetanus from stepping on a dirty nail. 

Thankfully I did Leviathan often enough to have collected a full set of Ace Defiant armor and a fairly sizeable Leviathan arsenal. 

That's how I was able to pull enough shit out of Collections to run the Nightfall yesterday.  I'm just happy I had enough Weaponsmith Parts to craft everything in one sitting.

I've never done any of the new raids so I need to play catch-up and find a group of folks willing to drag a green rando into the fray.  Most of the players in LFG are all KWTD and HAVE CLEARS I WILL CHECK~! because they are chasing triumphs.

I also need to practice platforming so that I can eventually make a successful Zero Hour run for the Outbreak Perfected.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I also need to practice platforming so that I can eventually make a successful Zero Hour run for the Outbreak Perfected.

It is more likely I do Whisper and Outbreak than I do a raid - mainly for the exact reason you mentioned. I doubt I will find 5 people willing to drag my ass through

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It is more likely I do Whisper and Outbreak than I do a raid - mainly for the exact reason you mentioned. I doubt I will find 5 people willing to drag my ass through

If you ever get Bad Juju, apparently it counts as a "Calus-themed weapon." 

Once I put my hands on it, I will probably start packing Bad Juju for Crucible duty so that I don't have to rely on my new Austringer to get kills even though it finally has perks I feel comfortable using in PvP (Snapshot Sights / Rampage).   

My curated roll Beloved sniper rifle (No Distractions / Box Breathing) is slowly earning my undying love; mostly because the Targeting Adjuster I put on it and the Box Breathing perk cheats the aim assist to allow me to hit headshots I know that should probably miss by a hair.

I also got a set of chest armor with perks I can tolerate, so all I need to complete a full set of S7 Calus gear are a pair of boots and a power weapon and they need to have perks that play to my strengths, unlike the garbage rolls I've gotten lately..

I'm really tired of getting Fixed Odds machine guns that drop with perks like Eye of the Storm or Underdog which only kick in when you're nearly dead. 

I'm a squishy Hunter.  My key to victory in PvE and PvP is to avoid getting shot, not to get shot as many times as possible.

I cry a little on the inside every time I get a weapon with Pulse Monitor on it.

Edited by J.T.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And three of the Confessions lore are in the Crown of Sorrow raid so so much for that

I take it that you already found the lore item in the Tribute Hall.

And bwah, I thought for sure that there would be lore items in Heroic Menagerie.   They stuck Dust lore in each Tier of The Reckoning that were easy for solo's to obtain, so putting the lore for Confession in CoS rather than the Heroic instance of Menagerie is bullshit.

It is far easier to find a LFG fireteam to play Heroic Menagerie than it is to find one to get you through a relatively new raid.

Stinks of the same pro clan bias that shoving a shit ton of Corrupted Eggs in Last Wish did.   Bungie hates solo players.  They're slowly getting away from the "You can accomplish just as much on your own!" mantra that they swore by in Season's 3 and 4.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

You haven't done Whisper, Outbreak, or even one raid yet? Its so nice to know I'm not alone in this.

Tried the Sturm and Drang combo. Was nice enough for regular pve, kind of average in Gambit.

Edited by Eivion

13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Tried the Sturm and Drang combo. Was nice enough for regular pve, kind of average in Gambit.

Yeah, Sturm / Drang combo is pretty effective in most PvE situations, but Malfeasance is far better suited for Gambit play since it has Invader Kill and Taken Kill damage bonuses.

I'm happy that I am done with the bow bullshit part of Hush so that I can go back to using Malfeasance during Gambit & Gambit Prime.  I missed the aha moments of going Kinetic vs. Kinetic with an Invader and actually winning.   

I should probably start using Thorn again in Gambit since I still need Player Kills for the Mark of the Devourer triumph, though.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

For Destiny 1 - the only time I raided was when Mis was getting a group together and I would join in. Vault of Glass was the only one where I felt like I wasn't actively holding the team back.

Mis tried to drag me through Whisper back when it first came out but I couldn't get the platforming down.

I have watched so many Outbreak videos that part of me is tempted to try and solo that one. (I might try soloing Whisper at least to practice the platform parts)

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For Destiny 1 - the only time I raided was when Mis was getting a group together and I would join in. Vault of Glass was the only one where I felt like I wasn't actively holding the team back.

In addition to VoG, I ran the Crota raid a few times with his crew.  The shit hit the fan just as I worked up the courage to want to learn how to run the sword. 

I wanted to be a swordbearer and score a kill because I REALLY wanted that Crota's Sword entry for my Codex, but Mis's crew had a guy that ran sword who had his patterns down perfectly and in this game, you don't mess with stuff that always seems to work.

I never ran King's Fall.  Didn't have the time nor the patience for it.  I soured on D1 soon after Taken King dropped because you practically had to live on the Juggernaut in order to get shit done and it wore on me after a while.

Edited by J.T.

I should be online same time as yesterday.  Got no takers for my Rat King run last night so I will try again to run Flashpoint / Rat King grind / Lone Hero or Webspinner after dinner.

If I get no takers before Saturday, I will just merc Io on my own on Sunday if I am gaming.  I'm supposed to drive my Mom to Dover and head back on my own so that she can go gamble while I keep an eye on the dogs from Monday to Wednesday and then pick her up from the Amtrack station on Wednesday night.

Edited by J.T.

Okay - you only need a teammate to get kills with Rat King - they don't have to have the catalyst too. You threw me off last night.

So I can help you - especially since my Rare Bounty from Ada is the one where you have to do all types of game play (strikes, adventures, patrols, etc...)

16 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I still don't have Rat King. I also still have a an exotic quest that requires completing Leviathan.

Oh I still have the Leviathan too

Only reason I have Rat King is because someone in JT’s old clan was doing it so I hopped in to help

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - you only need a teammate to get kills with Rat King - they don't have to have the catalyst too. You threw me off last night.

So I can help you - especially since my Rare Bounty from Ada is the one where you have to do all types of game play (strikes, adventures, patrols, etc...)

That's sounds awesome!  If you're still working on that bounty tonight, hit me up and bring your Rat King.  I have a full set of Opulent armor now, so I can also chip away at Bad Juju tributes while grinding Rat King and helping you with your BA bounty.

16 hours ago, Eivion said:

I still don't have Rat King. I also still have a an exotic quest that requires completing Leviathan.

Legend of Acrius shotty. 

One of these days I may get someone to drag me through Prestige Leviathan, or at least the final Calus checkpoint, so that I can get the catalyst and the ornament.

Prestige Levi is about as fun as throat cancer, so that keeps me from taking the final plunge.  It's not a hard raid but it is detail intensive and the wipe mechanics are very unforgiving.

Are you a PS4 guy, Eivion?  I have no idea why it has taken me this long to ask.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I totally forgot to mention that the catalyst for Sweet Business dropped for me last night so I have yet another grind on my hands.

I was thinking about bringing my Titan out of mothballs to level up the catalyst since I have him rocking SB and the Acrius War Rig, but my Warlock and Titan are both ridiculously far behind and I am not sure if I really want do deal with Warmind and Forsaken bullshit all to level up one catalyst.

Sure, I'd be finished with the catalyst by the time I got done with the campaigns, but I am not sure if I want to revisit all of that old content with a class that I am not very good at playing.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

That's sounds awesome!  If you're still working on that bounty tonight, hit me up and bring your Rat King.  I have a full set of Opulent armor now, so I can also chip away at Bad Juju tributes while grinding Rat King and helping you with your BA bounty.

I still need to do 1 strike and 1 Heroic Adventure (along with finishing off random bounties and patrols)

I also need to do Strikes for the Triumphs

I ran menagerie last night with my full set of Opulent armor to knock that Triumph out.

I am home late tonight so I probably won't be on until around 8

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I still need to do 1 strike and 1 Heroic Adventure (along with finishing off random bounties and patrols)

I also need to do Strikes for the Triumphs

I ran menagerie last night with my full set of Opulent armor to knock that Triumph out.

I am home late tonight so I probably won't be on until around 8

I ran Menagerie yesterday with a full set of Opulent armor as well for the Triumph.

I also forgot to mention that I made a successful speed run completion for this week's AC, so Bungie needs to hurry up and fix Blind Well so I can chalk up another Weekly Challenge completion for my MoT Triumph.

I can help you get Strikes done while I am grinding the Rat King.  I should also try to get another 50K or 100K Nightfall done for the Season 7:  Nightfall triumph as well as the Threshold triumph for the Tribute Hall. 

I need to complete one more Tribute triumph to move on with the Bad Juju quest.

I hate this MoT crap.  I have to keep on my Opulent armor on at all times and that kinda sucks when you're running Crucible or Gambit Prime.

Edited by J.T.