DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It has to be within the first 10 seconds on the invasion too

Basically if the Not on My Watch medal pops up - you did it

I've heard conflicting reports on that one. If it is true its even more bs since they didn't put it in the description. Apparently I have gotten that one at leats nine times which shocks the hell out of me, but is also pretty damn sad when you consider how much Gambit I play.

I am not planning on doing a lot of these exotic quests again on my Warlock however since I am Crucibling anyway, it is fun blowing through people with Lord of Wolves to complete the first step of Chaperone

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, RIPPA said:

Bungie finally announced that they will eliminate the Menagerie chest glitch with the July 9 patch

That sucks.  They should either leave it like it is.  I rather like being able to make one run for three or four shots at making gear with perks I actually want especially since I get so many shit rolls when I am trying to get boots, the Fixed Odds heavy machine gun, or the Austringer hand cannon.

If they are worried about players making too many runs at the end, they should just shorten the mission end timer to about ninety seconds.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:50 PM, RIPPA said:

It has to be within the first 10 seconds on the invasion too

Basically if the Not on My Watch medal pops up - you did it

Yep.  It has to be a Not On My Watch medal.

It took me two matches to get one.  In the first match, I tried hogging purple so that I could blast a fool with Trust, but I was in a match where no one from either side invaded during mote gathering because nobody wanted to be that guy that got scratched and coughed up a zero kill invasion.

Players didn't start making invasion runs until each team summoned their Primeval and of course getting kills was relatively easier since folks were focused more on clearing the board and getting a win rather than defending against an invader.

The second match I got lucky and we had an invader with mote blinders on.  He went straight for our 15 mote guy and I don't think he paid much attention to our markers in relation to his position.  I didn't have heavy so I took a chance and started firing my Bygones (Headseeker / Rampage) and managed to three burst him before he killed anybody.

You probably heard my shout of triumph at some point on Saturday night.

After the match, I immediately ran Will Of The Thousands to get my Lumina.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, RIPPA said:

Le Monarque comes from Bergusia or Izanami,.

The database got patched so that now it drops from Gofannon, Bergusia, or Izanami.   

IIRC, it used to only drop from Gofannon.  TMK, Jotunn still drops from Bergusia only.

Edited by J.T.

I used to run Bergusia only until the Whisper nerf.  Now I avoid Bergusia like the plague unless I need Obsidian Accelerators or have a Begusia Forge Ignition bounty do to for progress towards Ada's weekly weapon blueprint bounty.

I haven't run Bergusia in over three months and that was when I got an Ideal Roll on a Stryker's Sure-Hand sword.

I am hoping I get Whirlwind Blade and Assassin's Blade on a Goldtusk one of these days, because the perk synergy on my Sure-Hand is totally disgusting in PvE and PvP..

Edited by J.T.

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Moment of Triumphs return tomorrow and run through August 27

Fuck.  I guess I will have to get serious about the raids then.   

I need to find a crew to carry me through the egg hunting in Last Wish.   It'd be nice to get a Thousand Voices and round out my Forsaken exotic item collection seal, but that is low priority since I am not terribly fond or raiding.

I'd rather knock out Scourge and get my hand on a Threat Level shotty so that I can do the Kills in Bergusia Forge triumph with it equipped.  That is the only thing that would make me run Bergusia Forge on the regular.

Edited by J.T.

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I used to run Bergusia only until the Whisper nerf.  Now I avoid Bergusia like the plague unless I need Obsidian Accelerators or have a Begusia Forge Ignition bounty do to for progress towards Ada's weekly weapon blueprint bounty.

I haven't run Bergusia in over three months and that was when I got an Ideal Roll on a Stryker's Sure-Hand sword.

I am doing Bergusia only to kill like 4 birds at once

I need Jotuun and I have to do so many bounties to hopefully get a rare bounty that I might as well minimize the pain.

I did Volundr yesterday with my Warlock to complete that initial quest line and it was such a pain in the ass. It took me three attempts before I finally got a full team because guys kept bailing as soon as they dropped in

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did Volundr yesterday with my Warlock to complete that initial quest line and it was such a pain in the ass. It took me three attempts before I finally got a full team because guys kept bailing as soon as they dropped in

You must've done Volundr when I went to the theater to go see Midsommar.  That movie was pretty good but it was sooooooo long...

Edited by J.T.

My PvP load-out has switched a bit now that I have a Bygones with Headseeker / Rampage (Rampage Spec mod) and Beloved sniper rifle with the Curated No Distractions / Box Breathing roll with a Targeting Adjustor.

I still have my Graviton Lance in my EW load-out, but I shredded the Black Armory model Show of Force sniper rifle I had as it was a bit too unreliable when it came to getting follow-up kills if I missed a precision shot and wounded the body instead.  

The No Distractions / Boxed Breathing roll for Beloved is a beast on maps that have places where I can camp for shots, but the perk synergy is obviously not good for Quickscoping since it takes a second for ND / BB to kick in during ADS. 

The good thing is that they both kick in at the same time, so you get the benefits of no flinch plus the precision damage / accuracy bonus shortly after you start aiming through the scope.  Hopefully this rifle will help get me a Mission Control medal soon.

I was hating life while trying to get hand cannon kills for the Lumina quest because I was getting domed easily by guys using guns with more stability / accuracy than Crimson or with more range than Last Word..   I have yet to get an Austringer hand cannon with perks that I'd feel good using in the Crucible.

I'm happy to be back to using a proper pulse rifle as my main weapon.  I went from getting nine or ten kills a match and barely breaking even while using hand cannons to a match where I put up 26 murders and was close to a 3.0 ER with Bygones and my Mindbender shotty. 

I was playing on Retribution, so I didn't even bother sniping.

I'm still puzzled as to the logic behind so many Hand Cannon rewards lately since HCs are not really good for the most part in PvP.   I've noticed lots of players following YouTube meta and using Austringers or Last Word, but I was out-ranging quite a few hand cannon players with Bygones in my match on Retribution yesterday.  The Headseeker / Rampage synergy even earned me a natural Triple Kill.

Edited by J.T.

I think I may hit up LFG after the hard reset to find a couple of players that are interested in killing the Rat King catalyst grind bird along with the Lone Hero or Webspinner and Flashpoint birds with one stone.  

I think the Rat King catalyst is the only active catalyst I currently have left to grind. 

Graviton Lance and Prospector are finally complete and I haven't had any more drop for me in any of the activities I completed while grinding the Lumina quest.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

But Bergusia is so easy and basically catch all. Its the only forge I do.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I was hating life while trying to get hand cannon kills for the Lumina quest because I was getting domed easily by guys using guns with more stability / accuracy than Crimson or with more range than Last Word..   I have yet to get an Austringer hand cannon with perks that I'd feel good using in the Crucible.

The hand cannon part was surprisingly the easiest for me, but I was dealing with crews who were almost certainly also on that part of the quest with how many of us and the opposing teams were using hand cannons.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'm still puzzled as to the logic behind so many Hand Cannon rewards lately since HCs are not really good for the most part in PvP.   I've noticed lots of players following YouTube meta and using Austringers or Last Word, but I was out-ranging quite a few hand cannon players with Bygones in my match on Retribution yesterday.  The Headseeker / Rampage synergy even earned me a natural Triple Kill.

People have been complaining about so many hand cannon rewards so I wouldn't be shocked to see that go down after Shadowed Keep. I of course don't care much because hand canons are my main weapon for mostly everything.

So with the calibration quests from Banshee I have been testing out exotic weapons I don't use normally more along with training exotic catalysts. I found myself liking the Riskrunner a surprising amount and ended up mastering it's catalyst. Not sure how many others I will manage to do that with, but its nice to get a feel for how some of these other weapons work. Don't care for regular smgs, but exotic versions seem to be pretty handy. I don't think I will ever like fusion rifles. Pulse and Trace Rifles have been generally decent though I don't care for snipers which is amusing considering a sniper rifle was a regular for me in D1.

I had a max level Huckleberry drop for me randomly over the weekend so I just started using it as I was doing something (I think it was when I was spamming strikes but don't quote me on that)

I found it far more helpfully than I thought it was going to be.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I had a max level Huckleberry drop for me randomly over the weekend so I just started using it as I was doing something (I think it was when I was spamming strikes but don't quote me on that)

The reload speed for a no-catalyst Huckleberry makes the gun a pain in the ass but once you have a fully ground catalyst, the weapon is a joy to use.

40 minutes ago, Eivion said:

But Bergusia is so easy and basically catch all. Its the only forge I do.

I find the never ending waves of bombs to be a pain in the ass.   I always run Volundr twice to knock out that one Ballistic Report weekly bounty that Ada has for forge ignition completions.

The hand cannon part was surprisingly the easiest for me, but I was dealing with crews who were almost certainly also on that part of the quest with how many of us and the opposing teams were using hand cannons.

Yes,  I blazed one or two Rose users who tried to outgun me yesterday in my second Crucible match with my badass Bygones. 

Getting final blows with Crimson and Last Word wasn't difficult but I am a squishy Hunter, so I should not be getting into medium to short range gunfights with Warlocks and Titans who have higher Resilience or Recovery score than I do even if I am using an exotic hand cannon. 

I do my best work at mid-medium to long range.  I should be using pulse rifles or scouts and packing a sniper for long maps or using a shotgun or fusion rifle on peeps that are already three fourths of the way dead.

People have been complaining about so many hand cannon rewards so I wouldn't be shocked to see that go down after Shadowed Keep. I of course don't care much because hand canons are my main weapon for mostly everything.

You've probably noticed the dearth in rifle class weapons as Menagerie rewards as well.   No auto-rifles, pulse rifles, or scouts can be created by the Chalice.  You have to run the Crown of Sorrow raid to get your hands on the newest auto-rifle.

Edited by J.T.

53 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The next catalyst I master will probably be the Huckleberry. I dug it a decent bit the little time I've used it.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

You've probably noticed the dearth in rifle class weapons as Menagerie rewards as well.   No auto-rifles, pulse rifles, or scouts can be created by the Chalice.  You have to run the Crown of Sorrow raid to get your hands on the newest auto-rifle.

It did feel like Menagerie was a bit light on weapon types. Didn't realize so many rifle types were left out. Guess that means I won't be seeing anything new rifle wise this season since there is no way in hell I can do the raid.

I am with Eivion on how easy Bergusia is

I mean you were there when we did a three man fireteam of Gofannon and that was a shit show (though two of us being stuck using Rose didn't help)

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am with Eivion on how easy Bergusia is.

Bergusia is a pain in the ass until you get to the Walker Tank and even with the Whisper nerf, it is the simplest BA Forge Warden fight of them all.

I just hate the waves and waves of Bomber Shanks that blow you up every ten seconds.  They all seem to like the smell of my cologne or something because every Shank in the zone seems to gravitate to me as soon as I make a move to toss a battery at the forge.

20 minutes ago, Eivion said:

The next catalyst I master will probably be the Huckleberry. I dug it a decent bit the little time I've used it.

Huckleberry catalyst works on the same principle as the Sturm / Drang pairing in that as long as you are getting kills with the weapon, you should never have to reload.

The thing about the Huckleberry is that the catalyst pulls ammo from reserves, so eventually have to reload should you run abysmally low on ammo as opposed to the Sturm / Drang synergy that Overloads the magazines of both weapons as you get kills and swap from one gun to the other.

Edited by J.T.

19 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Huckleberry catalyst works on the same principle as the Sturm / Drang pairing in that as long as you are getting kills with the weapon, you should never have to reload.

The thing about the Huckleberry is that the catalyst pulls ammo from reserves, so eventually have to reload should you run abysmally low on ammo as opposed to the Sturm / Drang synergy that Overloads the magazines of both weapons as you get kills and swap from one gun to the other.

I've actually never done the Sturm and Drang combo. Been thinking of trying it though since I kind of like the Drang from Menagerie

Speaking of catalysts- I had a max level Jade Rabbit drop for me tonight so that means I am up to three weapons I have to grind with in Crucible 

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of catalysts- I had a max level Jade Rabbit drop for me tonight so that means I am up to three weapons I have to grind with in Crucible 

If you still need scout rifle kills for that IB bounty, the Rabbit is the weapon to use.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

If you still need scout rifle kills for that IB bounty, the Rabbit is the weapon to use.

Oh I am on the last step which just requires match completions (I couldn't get a win streak going at the end of last IB to try the cheese method)

However you mentioning IB reminded me - I think they learned their lesson from the grenade step and fixed it in the Lumina quest where kills by your teammates also helped your progress.

Considering they already said they will tweak IB - I am assuming this is the route they will go for the grenades

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh I am on the last step which just requires match completions (I couldn't get a win streak going at the end of last IB to try the cheese method)

However you mentioning IB reminded me - I think they learned their lesson from the grenade step and fixed it in the Lumina quest where kills by your teammates also helped your progress.

Considering they already said they will tweak IB - I am assuming this is the route they will go for the grenades

I hope so.  I figured I might try running Arcstrider, making myself a 750 Lucky Raspberry, and using Flux Grenades to get the nade kills in the next IB, but I suck at running Arcstrider in PvP.   

I'd much rather run Middle Tree Nightstalker with the Gwisin Vest.

I have VMWare training all day today, but I should be on after dinner.  If you have a Rat King with a Catalyst to grind, link up so that we can find a third and hit the Flashpoint planet to kill the catalyst grind and the Lone Hero triumph birds with one stone.

Lone Hero is when you run a Solar class and get 10 PE clears while in a fireteam with two other players that aren't playing the same class as you..

In short, if you are running with me, we'll need to either find a Warlock or a Titan depending on what character you play.

I could also stand to get a few more Nightfall strike clears.

Edited by J.T.

AC for the week is the Shattered Ruins.  

Hopefully this is the week I finally make that successful speed run.  

I think I will go with a Trace Rifle for the adds and use Blade Barrage and Wendigo on the boss to get his ass out of there fast, provided I don't fall too many times on my way up the spire.

BTW - a lot of Triumph Hall stuff leaked a little early (I mean it will be officially in like 30 minutes)

But plan on packing a lot of Raid/Menagerie weapons and armor to do your everyday shit (strikes, crucible, gambit, etc..)