DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I will have to see if I can get a Sherpa or two to help me with the route.

I can do it with you because I need it too

And I have watched FAR too many videos about it

To me the platforming is way simpler in Zero Hour than Whisper (which I also still need)

You are a Titan so of course the platforming will seem easy to you.

Hunter jumps are the worst so anything involving platforming puzzles is sure to give me a migraine.

Doing AC's so often has forced me to get better at platforming and the ST0MP-335' exotic boots definitely help, but I hate timed missions so the ticking clock will always frustrate me if I blow jumps and then seethe with rage as I wait for respawn.

My solo speed run success with the Shattered Ruins AC this past week and being able to consistently make it past the second phase of The Gauntlet trial in the Menagerie have definitely boosted my confidence when it comes to jumping puzzles, so I may give Zero Hour another go sometime real soon.

Edited by J.T.

The reason I don't think I can solo Zero Hour is because I don't think I will be able to clear all the enemies within the time limit. (Mainly since I don't have the usual gimmick weapons that most of the solo runs use)

I probably could solo Whisper considering how low level it is now

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The reason I don't think I can solo Zero Hour is because I don't think I will be able to clear all the enemies within the time limit. (Mainly since I don't have the usual gimmick weapons that most of the solo runs use)

I probably could solo Whisper considering how low level it is now

if it were me, I'd get rid of the time limit for the base versions of the mission and add a time limit to the Heroic versions.

That makes the weapons more accessible for casuals and still allows your hardcore players to earn bragging rights for being able to secure the catalyst.

The bullshit you have to go through just to get the Outbreak is bad enough.  That's not even counting the catalyst run or what you have to do to get the secret jumpship in the heroic version of Zero Hour.

Edited by J.T.

I forgot to mention I got Hush Saturday. Only used it a couple of times, but so far the grind was so not worth it. Its just so damn average with its special gimmick being nothing special. I can't complain too much since the grind allowed me to finish 21%Delirium first and I kind of love that thing.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

High quality medals earn more progress so if you really wanted to be a dick, you'd hog heavy and invade every chance you go so that you could take a shot at earning Army Of One medals while using Truth.

This explains why my progress went up 10% or more from one game where I was doing well invasions and murdering everything. I had another one of those rare moments where I was better than everyone at nearly everything. If only that happened more often. The grind would have been so much less.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I always forget to emote and I get irritated that I forgot

I have started using Riskrunner more to work on the catalyst and yeah it is a nice acceptable alternative to not having Recluse

When I first used the Riskrunner I hated it. As I was grinding out the catalyst a couple weeks back I finally came to realize how much an idiot I was since there are just so damn things out there using arc against you and you absolutely  will be hit. That damn special will be running often, especially since it kills fast and reapplies the time limit. Riskrunner is a wonderful weapon to murder things with.

I kind of want the Recluse, since I apparently grinded enough to finish at least one part of the quest already. I just loathe the Glory side of Crucible and progress losing quest steps so damn much.

Edited by Eivion

I went to the spot in the Trostlands where the enemies move against each other and just stood there and never once took my finger off the trigger of Riskrunner

Because of the perks and the fact that the Fallen will pop you with arc - it is infinite bullets

• Like 1

How is it broke exactly? That is a shame to hear. I usually play the game in general late night and Crucible was one of the things I was probably going to hit up tonight.

Edited by Eivion

53 minutes ago, Eivion said:

How is it broke exactly? That is a shame to hear. I usually play the game in general late night and Crucible was one of the things I was probably going to hit up tonight.

About half the time everyone will appear as invisible (the shimmer when you character and weapon haven’t loaded in yet). First match I played everyone was invisible. Second match was totally normal.

The comp thing is worse because guys will get dumped into spectator mode so they are part of the match but can’t do anything. And obviously loses mean loss of Valor so it’s a big deal

Bungie responded a couple of times on the forum to say they were investigating but nothing more than that.

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

About half the time everyone will appear as invisible (the shimmer when you character and weapon haven’t loaded in yet). First match I played everyone was invisible. Second match was totally normal.

The comp thing is worse because guys will get dumped into spectator mode so they are part of the match but can’t do anything. And obviously loses mean loss of Valor so it’s a big deal

Bungie responded a couple of times on the forum to say they were investigating but nothing more than that.

That is interesting. I saw someone like that on the regular map a night or two ago. The night before that my kinetic weapon was in a similar situation where it never fully materialized during crucible.

Weird.  I played two Crucible matches early in the afternoon and I didn't notice any bugs.   Everything seemed fine.  I didn't have many kills, but my ER was above 2.0 in both contests.

AC for this week is the Keep of Honed Edges.

I have cleared this AC dozens of times, but have never been fast enough to complete a speed run.   Maybe this week is the one?  Depending on how I feel when I get home from work, I may take a crack at this early in the evening. 

It looks like the key for speed runs is to wipe the initial wave of Hive as quickly as you can, so I think I will use Blade Barrage and Thunderlord and then hope I thwack the Knights quickly and manage to orient myself in order to make the jumps to the exit portal.

Hasapiko is the Menagerie boss this week.   The Secret Triumph for his encounter is unlocked when one and ONLY one person uses the Harpy generated capture plates to drop the Mino boss's shield so that the rest of the fireteam can start shooting.

If more than one person uses the capture plates created by the Harpies, it's game over.  You can't even run through the plate and not fuck things up. 

I think I may have to either create a LFG or join an LFG to get this done, since I ran this encounter twice this morning and randos cannot seem to resist trying to be the first one to the plate.  Either that, or they run through the plate while getting in to position to fire on the boss as his shield crashs.

Edited by J.T.

I ended up at the entrance of the Shattered Throne last night for some reason and I debated just trying to give it a whirl solo and see how far I could get.

Ended up not doing so because I knew that if I started I would get so invested that I wouldn't go to bed.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the Crucbile has been fucked up since the last patch.

It appears the errors tend to be breaking Comp more than Quickplay.

Well that sucks for people chasing the Crucible Pinnacle Weapon triumph for their MoTs.   I'll be in that number pretty soon.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I ended up at the entrance of the Shattered Throne last night for some reason and I debated just trying to give it a whirl solo and see how far I could get.

Ended up not doing so because I knew that if I started I would get so invested that I wouldn't go to bed.

Trying to solo Vorgeth will drive you to alcoholism.  I know this from experience. It is a rough encounter even at max light.

If I don't find a lore group one of these days, I will try to solo the dungeon again to get the bones and eggs.   This is what we like to call a "last resort."

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well I would like to make a run with you tonight if you are on 

Otherwise I am going to go back to finishing up Hush

I'm a bit burned out from VM training today, so I will probably knock out a few things in the name of stress relief after I get home from work and then take a break to grab dinner and chill.

If I am not back on by 7 or 8PM, I probably won't be back online.   

If we run Throne tonight, I'd suggest getting a third from LFG as the extra person can really make a difference, especially for the mid and final boss encounters.

I know decent strats against Vorgeth and Dûl Incaru and a fireteam with  high LL will make the fights even less problematic.  

I'd suggest kicking off your Wish Ender quest tonight and then working the tokens solo.  Getting everything done in one night can be a hassle.

We can always run Throne again later on in the week to finish your Wish Ender quest.  The portal will stay open for the entire Strongest week of the Curse.

Edited by J.T.

As I said - Wish Ender is secondary

I just need one completion to progress my Izanagi’s Burden quest line (Wait till I make you do the special version of the Pyramidion with me... though of all the special quests that one reads the most straight forward)

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the Crucbile has been fucked up since the last patch.

It appears the errors tend to be breaking Comp more than Quickplay.

This make sense as the last few Crucible matches I've done were Comp. I actually had the disappear glitch happen to me during a Survival game where there were already just 3 of us due to one guy dropping out at the beginning. I felt bad for the other team because we still won. Its clear one guy on my team was just a good PvP player in general, and I think I'm in the ok range of PvP players, maybe slightly above. His score alone probably evened things out even while mine made it more than enough to win. Our third was a lv. 17 who I'm guessing hadn't been playing long since he died the most and had the least kills.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

As I said - Wish Ender is secondary

I just need one completion to progress my Izanagi’s Burden quest line (Wait till I make you do the special version of the Pyramidion with me... though of all the special quests that one reads the most straight forward)

I was on same time as you last night, but I figured the closeness of Hush was too much for you to bear.

Yesterday's misadventures in the Keep of Honed Edges came with some wisdom.

I was on track for a speed run completion on my very first go..... until I somehow got tangled up in some crystals while trying to jump to the exit portal in the effort to shave off a few seconds off of the clock.

EPIC FAIL~!

There are no words for the rage I felt.  I finished the challenge bounty but I didn't make it in time to unlock the speed run triumph.  I decided to switch gears and knock out some Gambit Prime and make a few Menagerie runs for the sake of stress reduction..  

I was really close to rage quitting and finding a horror movie to watch on Xfinity Streampix.

After stringing together a few wins in GP and finishing the Weekly Gambit and Gambit Prime bounties, I unlocked the Imperial Assassin triumph for killing players in Gambit / Gambit Prime and got a golden statue of a Mote Well for my Tribute Hall collection. 

It still annoys me that you have to be the one to get the kill in order to earb progress towards the Mark of the Devourer triumph, but that is another matter.   I got a shit ton of assists but only one confirmed Thorn kill on an Invader during Gambit Prime play.

After dudes kept doing the wrong thing in like five Menagerie runs straight, I finally bit on the bridle and put up a LFG.

I recruited four guys and we got the other two randos to join our Live Party.  We got the Crystals and Hunted triumphs for a few of the guys but we killed the last Ogre in the Riposte just as time expired.  We didn't have to do a full Gauntlet run since we had so many points.  We cracked the code on this week's boss, so the only Menagerie related bounties I have are for flawless completions in Heroic mode.

Don't realty care about those, but I do plan on making a few sword grind runs.

I crashed for the night after my Menagerie gang broke up and got up this morning to see if some rumors about ACs (and specifically the Keep challenge) were true.

Here's what I found.

• As long as the Portal is up, you can still make speed run attempts.  There was a long standing rumor that speed runs did not count if you didn't have an active AC bounty, but that shit is false since I made a successful speed run this morning with no active AC bounty.
  • The speed run for the Keep is weird.   Most AC speed runs are complete when you claim the reward chest, but if you're doing the Keep, you have to do everything (entry platforming, ritual disruption, knight kills, exit platforming) in LESS than three minutes and the run isn't finished until you use the exit portal.

So, if you're trying to make a successful speed run for the Keep, here are my suggestions.

1. The faster you take out the Ritual Wizards, Thralls, and Acolytes in the onset, the better.  I would recommend using a Flash super if you are a Hunter or a Warlock (Nova Bomb and Blade Barrage probably work best) or a Roaming super if you are a Titan.  Once your Super runs down, use a Power weapon to take down the rest of the ash and trash.  I'd recommend using a sword or bring Thunderlord and get those crispy AOE kills.
  2. The Knight phase is a wash.  Just try to stay alive and put down the Knights as fast as you can.   Sadly these aren't the Knights that count towards that one Purification Ritual.
  3. Exit platforming can be tricky, but your best bet is to trust your jumps and ignore the enemies.   The true exit route will put you on the path to a rock island guarded by a Taken Phalanx and a couple of Goblins who will work as a team to boop you to your death.  Do your best to get past them and press on to the exit.  Trying to clear enemies before making your jumps just wastes time.
  4. Bring the sword with you when you make your escape.  The portal will NOT stay open if you don't bring the sword with you.  This is why avoiding the enemies is best as you'll always have the sword with you to show which direction the exit portal is in.
  5. DO NOT OPEN THE REWARD CHEST~!   Remember that the speed run only counts after you use the exit portal so use the steps and dash to the portal.  You probably have plenty of shards and weapon parts anyway.  Ignore the loot box and get that triumph.

So the last speed run I need to make for my upgraded Hidden Riches emblem is the Cimmerian Garrison.  That will be about as much fun as a hernia, but at least I know I can take several shots downfield if I don't get the speed run triumph at the same time I initially beat the challenge and cash in the bounty.

@RIPPA I am up for making a Throne run tonight if you are online.   It would be easier for us if we had a third, so I will put up an LFG to recruit an extra gun if we decide to hit the dungeon tonight.   Trying to make a run during a weekend evening is looking better now that it's supposed to be a million degrees this weekend and I think my kid and I are just going to hit the movies, roll on a book store, and hit Dave & Busters rather than fry to death at an amusement park.

I will suggest Spider Man:  Far From Home but knowing my daughter, she will want to go see Crawl.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I was on same time as you last night, but I figured the closeness of Hush was too much for you to bear.

I got up to 96% and then decided to clear out some random bounties I had which included Crucible (after doing some work on Mercury. God I hate that place)

Which ended up in me doing my weekly and some because I kept getting thrown into matches that were almost complete so I was getting very little bounty progress done.

I am working late tonight but then a bachelor until Monday night

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and ironically JT - after our conversation the other day, I had the Sweet Business catalyst drop

So add another one to the pile

You're a Titan so just make an Actium War Rig from your Collections, go to Mars and run solo EPs, and you should be done with that catalyst in about fifteen minutes.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got up to 96% and then decided to clear out some random bounties I had which included Crucible (after doing some work on Mercury. God I hate that place).

Mercury wasn't bad for me this time around.  I timed it so that I did a Heroic mission just after completing a Heroic PE and another PE was up just as I finished the Heroic adventure.  I don't even think it took more than forty minutes to get the Flashpoint done.

I am at 80-ish percent on Hush.   I went apeshit on the mote collection and got Fast Fill / Half Banked medals in one match that resulted in a win, but those medals aren't Gold so my count just creeps along. 

It is usually stupid to bank first in Gambit Prime unless your team has enough motes to activate the invasion portal, so I didn't get any First to Bank medals last night.

If we don't run Throne tonight, I'll probably run Vanilla Gambit matches until the Weekly Challenge is complete.   I still need to grind Infamy while dressed in Calus gear for my Tribute Hall stuff.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But I would have to actually want to use Sweet Business to do that

1. It would take you a lot less time as a Titan than it would for me as a Hunter.
  2. I wouldn't care either if we didn't get Triumphs for completing catalyst grinds.    I'm seriously contemplating breaking out the Worldline Zero and haunting Mars for like five weeks now that you can't transmat to Braytech without landing in the middle of an EP in progress.
Edited by J.T.

I am sad. It just dawned on me that I won't really have to do any weekly challenge stuff for Petra once I get this last AC speed run down.  

I don't really play my Titan or Warlock anymore because I don't want to relive the horror of chasing down Seeds of Light, so there's no reason for me to run Blind Well other than Infusion Fodder.

I've gotten all of the lore items located in all of the ACs so once I secure this final speed run triumph, there's really no incentive for me to run ACs anymore other than the aforementioned infusion fodder.

Edited by J.T.