DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I've never tried but in theory, couldn't you make a Breakneck for your Warlock from your Collections?  

They are in collections and cost enhancement cores.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

I thought that getting sword kills was going to be the worst part of the latest IB bounty, but it turned out to be the most fun!  Straight mugging fools from around corners and shit with the Stryker's Sure-Hand!  I even beat a man to death with a sword that had no ammo and hurt his feelings to the point that he sent me a hate message.. 

Told you swords were easy. I forgot about the fun part. Yeah it was rather nice to go around and get a good third of my kills in one match from slashing people. Srtyker's Sure-Hand is such a wonderful weapon.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So much for finishing my armor set this go around

I finished my set last night while we were rolling with my British homie and his US PvP buddies and I also knocked out the S7 Iron Truage Triumph.

I cashed in all of my bounties, but was dumb and forgot to buy the IB sparrow for my Collections with my tokens.  I bought the shaders, but blew the rest on reward packages.   I'll definitely hit the next tournament for the token grab so that I can buy the Sparrow and clear Saladin's vendor board. 

I'm close to 100 kills in to the SUROS Regime catalyst grind.  I was dumb and used the Bygones for a bit before it dawned on me that I should probably use this PvP opportunity to get the PvP kills I need for the catalyst.

I'm going to continue to use the IB to grind the SUROS catalyst since autos suck and IB's are arguably my best chances to get the catalyst done without the pain of consistently losing gunfights in the actual Crucible.  

I'm sitting at 158 Sniper headshots for the Revoker bounty, so I'll also get in as much murder as I can with Beloved to prep me for the Comp double dip run.  I need to get that shit done before the last gasps of Season 7 for the MoT.

If Double Glory time comes around soon and I am not done with the Revoker bounty, I'll just hit Comp to grind for the Recluse and earn Glory towards the Revoker, and then double back into QP to get Sniper kills.  The important thing is to try to get the Crucible Pinnacle Weapon triumph while MoT is going on.

I'm definitely going to make a concerted effort to clear Zero Hour next week so if you are on, I will grab you and we'll find ourselves a Sherpa on LFG to help us with the platforming route. 

If I don't get the Outbreak before next Friday, it'll be a bit before I can try again since I am pulling Graveyards for the first two weeks of August and my ex-wifey and I are supposed to start meeting regularly to plan the sale of our townhouse.

Edited by J.T.

When I get back from NY I will probably be on too much because vacation + Solstice.

The Max win streak sure helped quickly finish that last quest step. I just to need to run 3 matches on Monday night to get the Season 7 IB triumph done

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

When I get back from NY I will probably be on too much because vacation + Solstice.

The Max win streak sure helped quickly finish that last quest step. I just to need to run 3 matches on Monday night to get the Season 7 IB triumph done

The streak died at eight matches.   I got my helmet bounty done in one match.  The guys were cool enough to head back to the Tower so that I could complete my armor set and then hit the IB to start grinding the triumph.

I ended up sharding the armor after I got the IB triumph.  I didn't have all of the ornaments and I am stockpiling cores to get ready for the Season 8 light grind.

I'm going to continue playing IB until reset and hope I get a Swarm of the Raven with a good roll.  So far, I've gotten junk rolls for the grenade launcher and the rocket launcher. 

I won't grind IB as hard as I did during the week since I could also stand to knock out Gambit Prime / Reckoning stuff for the Infamy and the Joker's Wild weapons.

I am max light, so my Solstice armor should be 750 when I get it and the mods I repurposed from the IB armor can go into the Solstice set.

Edited by J.T.

IB was weird last night despite only doing one match. So many bastards were translucent and hard to pin down yet somehow I ended up being the best killer on my team being the only person to go over 20 kills. I felt a bit in the zone only to see the end score and wonder how the fuck my team won. They said we got two more than the team we beat yet everyone but one guy (11) on the opposing team had 20+ kills while my score was 25 with all my other team members being in the teens. Even taking into account the one guy with 11 I can't imagine my team adding up enough to beat the other side. 

• Like 1

Well, fuck.

I messed around and got hot in the IB yesterday.  Got my first IB Gold medal (Warlord) and the IB Gold Medal Counter emblem and I also got my FOURTH fucking Valor rollover for the season.  The pressure is ON~!

So now my OCD is overloaded with the prospect of possibly being able to grind THREE Crucible Pinnacle Weapons to completion before the end of S7 in addition to the daunting task of getting all of the statues for my Tribute Hall (I should unlock my 80% discount this afternoon!), clearing the raids and getting the Outbreak for the MoT 2019 seal, and trying to grind the triumphs for the pending Solstice of Heroes.

I'm assuming that there will be at least one more Bonus event for Valor / Glory and Infamy before the end of the season. 

If there are, then that will influence my decision whether or not to go all in on the PvP Pinnacle Weapon quests I have.  I'm definitely going to hit the IB some more tonight to take advantage of the remaining Bonus Valor event time and push this fifth rollover along as far as I can.

I know that I'll never be able to get to everything, but that probably won't stop me from trying or driving myself crazy in the effort.  I'll probably focus on Solstice armor and PvP and whatever happens will happen.

I need to LFG some really nice people that will let me schlep on them when they are running raids.  I have seen on the Reddits where they believe you can double dip on the Leiviathan / CoS tributes by running CoS alone, so there's that shortcut if I can schmooze my way into a CoS raiding party that won't boot me for not having 11919909734937894730 clears by now.

I would try the Guided Game route, but I am not sure how much of a time investment it will cost.  I am old and don't need to be up until three in the morning trying to kill raid bosses and possibly failing to finish.

Even if I don't make the MoT cut for raids, I should be at least able to run the table on my Tribute Hall raid stuff from here on out.  They can't take that away, otherwise how will brand new players late to the game obtain Bad Juju and the catalyst?

Ugh, they might do it the same way they fucked over catalyst collectors. 

I could see those assholes linking Bad Juju and the catalyst to the raid next season and shutting down the Tribute Halls, similarly to how the Sweet Business / Graviton Lance / Sunshot catalysts were recently shoehorned into normal activities after Bungie shut down Faction Rallies indefinitely and effectively made the former FR reward catalysts completely unavailable.

I hope it doesn't happen, but anything is possible when it comes to Bungie especially if it is a horrible idea that screws over casual players.

I am also dangerously close to the Chronicler triumph seal.  Smoke and pipe dreams.

Edited by J.T.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:38 PM, Eivion said:

IB was weird last night despite only doing one match. So many bastards were translucent and hard to pin down yet somehow I ended up being the best killer on my team being the only person to go over 20 kills. I felt a bit in the zone only to see the end score and wonder how the fuck my team won. They said we got two more than the team we beat yet everyone but one guy (11) on the opposing team had 20+ kills while my score was 25 with all my other team members being in the teens. Even taking into account the one guy with 11 I can't imagine my team adding up enough to beat the other side. 

Yeah, there were lots of glitches going on in the IB, especially during Saturday peak time. 

I blocked a bunch of people but I didn't report anyone since it is really hard to tell who is blatantly cheating, who is simply benefiting from shitty internet, or how much is infrastructure related because Xbox Live sucks or Bungie sucks....

Or some combination of any or all of the above.

Edited by J.T.

Almost forgot:

• I finished grinding the SUROS Regime catalyst.  There is no way I would've been able to do that vs. regular PvP meta so thank you iB LL advantage.  It is now sitting in my Vault as a testament to my stubbornness.
  • I also finished grinding the Sweet Business catalyst and also promptly shoved the completed weapon in my vault.   The Solo EP Thrall Slaughter plan worked like a charm when other people weren't trying to "help" me.  The further you get, the harder it is to get mulltikills in bunches of fours, so your best bet is to keep doing Level 1 and 2 over and over again, fail on purpose, and start over again.   I totally sandbagged when players would try to kill the Screeching Keen on Level 2 since all runners from Level 3 and up are tough yellow bars and the Knights and Wizards also have barriers to bring down.

The way to do EPs and not be a dick for other people is to change the date on your system clock this you are always alone.

And they already said there will be one more IB this season so I am assume that’s when the next Double Valor will be

I am shooting to be in around 3 after I unpack, return the rental car, etc 

I need 3 more matches with my Titan to get the Triumph and then I will be using my Warlock in IB to see how much I can get done.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

And they already said there will be one more IB this season so I am assume that’s when the next Double Valor will be

The die is cast.   Redrix's Broadsword grind FTW.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I am shooting to be in around 3 after I unpack, return the rental car, etc 

I need 3 more matches with my Titan to get the Triumph and then I will be using my Warlock in IB to see how much I can get done.

I'll be on around 4PM or so after I go check in on my dad and make a run to Goodwill to get rid of some of my mom's gently worn clothing items so that she can make room to buy more shit.

Once I am online it will be IB until I can't stand it after I complete enough Boon bounties to earn my max discount and then purchase a few tributes to unlock the Bad Juju catalyst from the Visage's inventory.  

I plan on using Bad Juju as much as I can if I am fortunate enough to get on a few raids because it will earn progress towards the raid related tributes I have and to just plain ol' grind the catalyst for the bonus perk 

Having Bad Juju be able to make orbs on multikills is going to make a huge difference!

I'm going to try to make as big of a dent as I can in this Valor rollover so that I can grind Rumble and Comp in the interim and then hit the IB hard to finish up the Redrix grind.  Hopefully by then I will at least gotten to Fabled Glory and gotten my Recluse.

Sometime this week after I finish the initial Solstice crap, I'll be looking to make another futile and foolish effort to get the Outbreak Perfected.  I am sure that missed jumps and ticking clocks will make me rage quit again before I complete the mission.

Edited by J.T.

Servers are going down today since we are getting the patch that goes along with Solstice

I am gonna try and see how far I get for my Warlock on this third quest step. I am already dreading how long it will take for grenade kills

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Servers are going down today since we are getting the patch that goes along with Solstice

I am gonna try and see how far I get for my Warlock on this third quest step. I am already dreading how long it will take for grenade kills

Warlocks have the best grenades in the game.   You should chew through that part of the bounty in no time flat.

So, I've purchased all of the available Tributes for the Tribute Hall and it is like a gaudy Fortress of Solitude..  You can mess with the statues and relic weapons, recharge your Super from the small Traveler shard in the main atrium, reload all of your weapons, and even access your Vault.   I'm thinking the Tribute Hall will be permanent not just for Bad Juju, but also to alleviate the occasional problems that players have loading into the Tower.

You still need to go to the Tower to access the vendors but if all you want to do is swap weapons and gear up without relying on drops to refill your weapons, you should be GTG just by going to the Tribute Hall.

Went on a tear with Blacksmyth's PvP gang and my ER has gone up from 1.61 at the start of the IB tournament to 1.64.   Now I feel the pressure to maintain it going forward while working on these three damned Crucible Pinnacle Weapon quests. 

I will try to get in as much Rumble as my spirit can bear before the end of the Season and I will spend a weekend day or two over the month of August on Comp grinding in addition to Solstice crap.   Even if I play like shit in Comp and stall on my way to Fabled Glory, the match count still goes towards the Redrix and the Revoker just counts total points earned.  As long as I earn 3800 total points, I should be good and I don't plan on soloing that shit so I should benefit from a win streak or two if my LFG homies are the good sweats.  

I'm glad I moved on maximizing my discount and buying all of those tributes in one shot.   Now the only events I technically still need to wear Opulent armor for are any raids that I am lucky enough to participate in.  That gives me the opportunity to grind the Solstice armor a bit more efficiently.

I really need to dump one of my Notorious sets in the Vault since I am going to add yet another armor set to my wardrobe this afternoon when Solstice hits.  

I'd try to weasel my way into a sick day by skipping lunch and inducing a migraine, but this round of server maintenance is supposed to last a really long time.  Probably won't get a chance to take a crack at Solstice content until well after dinner or so I understand.

The devs pulled a fast one.   Bad Juju won't let you load the catalyst until you complete the pre-requisite enemy killing.   That's totally not how previous Exotic catalysts worked, so I am not sure if this is a new thing or if it is Bad Juju just being a pain in the ass.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The devs pulled a fast one.   Bad Juju won't let you load the catalyst until you complete the pre-requisite enemy killing.   That's totally not how previous Exotic catalysts worked, so I am not sure if this is a new thing or if it is Bad Juju just being a pain in the ass.

It is most likely their way of combating the people who used the cheese to get Bad Juju and the Catalyst

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is most likely their way of combating the people who used the cheese to get Bad Juju and the Catalyst

If that's the case then fuck them for messing with my shit.

Yeah, the armor stips for masterworking Solstice Gear are still bullshit.  Bungie hates solo players and clanless peeps.

A full on Prestige Leviathan raid can bite my ass, but I may try to schlep my way into a LFG group running the last CP since I still have the Legend of Acrius catalyst mission sitting in the Abandoned Quest queue of Calus's hacked frame vendors.

I am sad to say that one of the MW upgrades for the final set of Solstice armor is a Valor rollover and I think you may have peaked too soon.   I am going to come as close to Legendary Valor as I can for my 5th rollover for Redrix and then just stop and then get going again after I get the Majestic set.

I am thinking you should slide me a temporary DVDVR clan join for the length of the Solstice event so that we can do the clan shit for the Majestic gear together.

Solar Week is also going to go down during Solstice.   It should hit around August 20th around the time of the LAST IB OF THE YEAR~!

Edited by J.T.

I already bitched about how I didnt think that Valor resets were going to be retroactive for Solstice

That being said - I am already halfway through another reset thanks to go hard the last 12 hours and the double valor

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I already bitched about how I didnt think that Valor resets were going to be retroactive for Solstice

That being said - I am already halfway through another reset thanks to go hard the last 12 hours and the double valor

I think I am about halfway as well.  

I need to grind Rumble and Comp as much as I can before my spirit caves in.   As I get closer to Legendary Valor while working on Solstice armor, I'll switch to working on Glory and put on my douchebag armor set (including my Gwisin Vest).

I got everything by the ability bounty done with my Warlock this go around.

Started getting connection issues as I got a couple of anteaters and then dudes were glitching during matches so I knew it was time to wait for the reset.

Farewell Lord of Wolves. You served me well.

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Farewell Lord of Wolves. You served me well.

I am looking forward to claiming my Triumph seal and emblem for the going into two IB's in a row and putting up with that broken weapon shit for longer than I should have.

I am still bummed about not being able to earn that Expert Deflect medal by using  Arcstaff to counterattack the asshole that tried to melt me out of my Super by using the LoW.  Stupid rando helper headshot kill.

If I had actually needed blueberry rescue, help would never have arrived in time.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and holy shit!

I totally forgot about the awesomness of my first match last night where one of the PvP dudes and I dragged our team kicking and screaming from a Mercy Rule defeat to a fucking win!

I about shit myself when I saw that we earned an About Face medal!   That is the first time ever that the blueberries I was with did not fucking fold their tent at the first sign of crushing defeat.  If they were all loners, I'd have made a clan on the spot and invited every last one of them.

I didn't realize they are also giving out a special Prometheus Lens emblem. God I hope I played with it during that time period they are using from 2017

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't realize they are also giving out a special Prometheus Lens emblem. God I hope I played with it during that time period they are using from 2017

I wasn't playing around that time, so I won't get that emblem.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!

Servers are up already?  I'm impressed.   I figured that maintenance would take nearly all day because Bungie.

I'm leaving work now.  I have a few errands to run, but I should be on in about an hour or so, then I'll knock off for dinner and then get back on around 7PM EDT.

Edited by J.T.