DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah I barely do Dreaming City stuff on my Titan now (unless required)

I will still need to buy Raid Banners from Petra, but that would be the only reason I would have go to the Dreaming City other than to take part in a Last Wish raid or tackle Shattered Throne.

I could still stand to clear the lore items from both of those endgame content scenarios, but realistically I probably will never complete the Chronicler triumph seal unless I get a lot of help.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah I started working on the lore title (that is why I was doing all the dead ghosts) then I realized all the stupid eggs where a part of it and gave up

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah I started working on the lore title (that is why I was doing all the dead ghosts) then I realized all the stupid eggs where a part of it and gave up

I haven't totally given up on it, but I have put it on the back burner.  I don't pursue it with the same fervor I did when I was dedicated to running ACs every week.   I could probably get the bones / eggs in Shattered Throne solo, but it would come with a lot of heartburn.

I have zero chance of getting the lore items in Last Wish without significant aid.  Why the devs put that shit in endgame content just screams clan bias.  They don't want you to be able to do anything significant on your own.

I still haven't chased down all of the Crystalized Thoughts for the Awoken of the Reef lorebook.  Now that my weekends are mostly free, I may have to dedicate a lazy Sunday afternoon to hunting them down if there is nothing I want to re-watch during El Rey's Sunday Kung-Fu Movies marathon.

Edited by J.T.

I am not really sure if I will be bouncing from work anytime soon.   Hopefully I'll be online after dinner.

If you are on, let's immediately hit up LFG to get another person to run Throne with us.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am not really sure if I will be bouncing from work anytime soon.   Hopefully I'll be online after dinner.

If you are on, let's immediately hit up LFG to get another person to run Throne with us.

I am working late too - so probably wont be on till like 8 (basically as soon as I am done eating dinner)

I managed to finish my Crucible stuff before the XBOX Live connection issues started happening (which I know also happened on the PS4)

I was trying to do one Forge run and kept getting newted so I went to bed

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am working late too - so probably wont be on till like 8 (basically as soon as I am done eating dinner)

I came home, passed out, and logged back on long enough to run some Gambit and Crucible to grind a bit of Infamy and Valor for the Tribute Hall and then passed out again.   ESXI software will be the death of me.

I bought the Primary, Secondary and Heavy Ammo tributes despite not really wanting to spend the shards, however being able to go to the Tribute Hall for complete ammo reloads is kinda awesome.  It will come in handy when I am taking shots at running Other Side flawlessly. 

I'll buy the Shards tribute when my discount is a bit higher.

I am thinking that I should have lots of game time on Sunday afternoon / evening after I run my kid back to the ex's so if you're online, we'll give Throne a go and we should have plenty of time to get it done.  

We'll go straight for the boss, unless you're feeling adventurous and want to nab the Ahamkara Bones.  You'll need plenty of Queensfoil for that.

I'll touch base with Jacob or Dylan from the old DARPA clan and see if they can be our third.  They've put Destiny 2 back into their game rotation although they're mostly running Warframe, Apex Legends , or Borderlands 3 these days.

Fresh still plays every now and then.  We could always ask and see if he'll run with us.....   That's sarcasm..... also I think he is revisiting Gears Of War in prep for the new joint.

I'm not even halfway through Sniper kills for the Revoker quest via Quickplay and my own devices, so I may stretch out on faith and hop into one of these Private Match lobbies to cheese my kill count.

My goal next week is to get myself onto a Last Wish raid team unless the IB comes around again.  If the IB is up, it will be all about the IB Armor quest and getting sniper rifle kills.    If we play our cards right, you'll get Rollover #5 and be the proud new owner of a Redrix's Broadsword and more importantly, you'll get that MoT triumph for completing a Crucible Pinnacle Weapon quest.

Edited by J.T.

IB returns this week along with double Valor

Reminder to use Lord of Wolves in IB (if you haven't already) to get the Tribute and Emblem

They will be making some tweaks to the challenges but will have more on that before Tuesday

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

IB returns this week along with double Valor

Reminder to use Lord of Wolves in IB (if you haven't already) to get the Tribute and Emblem

They will be making some tweaks to the challenges but will have more on that before Tuesday

Well, that answers the question of what I will be working on after reset.

And yeah, the challenges need tweaking.   The Grenade Kills part of the third armor bounty is slloooooooooowllly creeping by. 

I can only imagine the horror of racking up sword kills before this challenge tweak.   I'll have to use my Sure-Hand when that comes around because I'll be too busy grinding Valor for Tribute Hall and amassing armor pieces to chip away at the S7 Iron Remembrance triumph to bother with trying to get into a Heroic Menagerie group.

Edited by J.T.

49 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I am thinking that I should have lots of game time on Sunday afternoon / evening after I run my kid back to the ex's so if you're online, we'll give Throne a go and we should have plenty of time to get it done.  

As I said - I am a bachelor until Monday night so I will be lucky if I put on pants so yeah, I will be on

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As I said - I am a bachelor until Monday night so I will be lucky if I put on pants so yeah, I will be on

Okay, I will have to get some mental bleach to scrub that image out of my brain before I go back to troubleshooting this VM suite.

If I am on tonight, I will be trying to run a 100K Nightfall so msg me if you want to come with and I can LFG for an extra guy. 

There are far too many assholes trying to run 100K Corrupted for me to join someone else's lobby and pray that they look fondly on Hunters.

A Garden World is right there, guys.   Bracus Zahn is about the easiest boss to one phase out of all of the available Nightfall strikes this week. 

Arc Singe + Wendigo = Melt

You could probably melt him faster with Prospectors, but I like running Match Game and Famine rather than shitty Momentum or Blackout, so I'd use Hard Light in my Exotic slot and break out the Wendigo for kacking Bracus in seconds after I had rounded up enough Grenade Launcher ammo and Explosive Light buffs to do the job..

Edited by J.T.

Last night an odd glitch kept Corrupted from starting properly so I spent a good hour or two focused on grinding for Wendigo. Managed to finish the regular kills part though the multikills part is such long damn bs. Anyone who got that damn thing within the first week is a crazy person. Still I'm over 400 on it so far so hopefully I will get it done in the next week or two.

With the Gambit pinnacle weapons done, I'm mostly just doing Imperial, tribute, and Banshee bounties while dipping in occasionally for the Wendigo grind. I have started to play Comp Crucible for the Recluse, but I have no idea if I have the patience to grind for that. I'm not big on regular Crucible a whole lot, and comp is worse. 

Will say that the glitch that has people disappearing in Comp is definitely related to pursuits. For whatever reason when one is done, it doesn't update properly until you hit the pursuits menu. Once you do that and a completion notice pops up you reappear on the map properly.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

And yeah, the challenges need tweaking.   The Grenade Kills part of the third armor bounty is slloooooooooowllly creeping by. 

I can only imagine the horror of racking up sword kills before this challenge tweak.   I'll have to use my Sure-Hand when that comes around because I'll be too busy grinding Valor for Tribute Hall and amassing armor pieces to chip away at the S7 Iron Remembrance triumph to bother with trying to get into a Heroic Menagerie group.

I have to admit that I'm going to hate you and everyone else who completes the armor quests post tweaking just a tad since I had to go through so much damn IB to finish mine. I will say that the Sword kill challenge is way the hell easier than the grenade kill challenge. You should be good with a dozen or so kills.

Speaking of glitches - Bungie said the Tribute Hall glitch (that folks used to get to 50 Tributes by switch characters) will be patched in the July 30th patch.

They won't remove gear or anything but everyone who used it will have their Tribute total reset to the correct amount

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I have to admit that I'm going to hate you and everyone else who completes the armor quests post tweaking just a tad since I had to go through so much damn IB to finish mine. I will say that the Sword kill challenge is way the hell easier than the grenade kill challenge. You should be good with a dozen or so kills.

I hear ya.  I still hate everyone that got to hit the Easy Button for that one Revelry event PvP triumph after grenade spam and orb creation broke the Crucible.

I earned my headshot orbs the hard way.... unlike the rest of those whiners.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of glitches - Bungie said the Tribute Hall glitch (that folks used to get to 50 Tributes by switch characters) will be patched in the July 30th patch.

They won't remove gear or anything but everyone who used it will have their Tribute total reset to the correct amount

No one will care if the tribute amount gets reset if they already have both Bad Juju AND the catalyst.

@RIPPA I logged on at 7PM last night for Throne, but I think you had already bounced for the night.  Dinner ran a bit late because my brother is in town and we all did a family dinner thing at Sushi King.

I messed around on Sunday morning and hunted down all of the crystalized thoughts for the Awoken of the Reef lorebook using Esoterickk's guide, so now I have backed myself into a corner and am semi-commited to trying to get the bones / eggs for Marasena and completing the Chronicler triumph seal.

I also soloed Other Side flawelessly (finally) and got the Only The Essentials triumph.  Even if you use Bad Juju and have Leviathan mods on your S7 Menagerie armor, it is still pretty fucking hard. 

The devs like to use Shriekers to corral you.  I noticed in the Ogre encounter that the Shadowhonds cannot jump on top of the rocky platforms in that area but if you stay high for too long, there are two Shriekers floating high above that will shred you. 

You have to keep moving and gradually destroy the Blights, deal with the fucking barely visible Taken Minotaurs that spawn after you destroy two Blights, and fnally take out the Taken Ogre boss and the three Taken Wizard henchcritters that spawn after you've destroyed all of the Blights.

Don't mess around with the Minos as their Torch Hammers will splat you if you are close to dying after taking too many Shadowhound bites.  Put the Minos down with your Power Weapon or a Super. 

Also, remember that you're taking gradual damage the longer you remain inside of a Taken Blight.  If you spend too much time trying to destroy it while Shadowhounds are attacking you, you will die...... quickly..

Get in, shoot Blight core, get out, kill hounds as you recover, rinse, repeat until the Blight is destroyed, move on to the next Blight.

Speaking of Power Weapons, I HIGHLY~! recommend using Hammerhead as your heavy as taking down Void barriers quickly is important AND you don't want to risk accidentally blowing yourself up by firing a panic rocket.

The final encounter is pretty much designed for you to use Bad Juju kills to fuel your Super.   I fired many many many tethers on my way to ultimate victory.   Don't stay near the steps at the front of the temple once the Cabal and Taken wipe each other out because (once again) two Shriekers will spawn to keep you from camping down low once the Feed The Essence checkpoint kicks in.

There is enough room in the final area for you to retreat from side to side, destroy adds, and take shots at the boss.   The final Taken Phalanx boss is very tanky, but he'll eventually croak after taking a Super or two and whatever Heavy Ammo you shoot into his cranium.

Soloing the mission successfully was bittersweet.   I knew I could've done it without Bad Juju but on the last run I failed, the Boss had a faint sliver of health and I really didn't feel like starting over with the BBEG being on death's door just so that I could have bragging rights.  I went ahead and killed the boss and it only took two or three runs with Bad Juju before I got the solo flawless run.

*sigh* Now I have to seriously consider going after Outbreak Perfected.   If I can somehow manage to survive the run and get the weapon, I will only have the Raid Trifecta and the Crucible Pinnacle Weapon  mountains to climb before I earn the Triumph Seal. 

Easier said than done but in theory, still doable.

I'll complete the last two weapon frames I need for the MoT triumph after reset.  If I'm going to do it, It may as well be for clearing Ada-1's Weekly Challenge.

I fucking hate MoT OCD.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

@RIPPA I logged on at 7PM last night for Throne, but I think you had already bounced for the night.  Dinner ran a bit late because my brother is in town and we all did a family dinner thing at Sushi King.

I logged on last night and immediately started having connection issues.

Turns out it was because a major storm was rolling through so I ended up spending like 2 hours in the bathroom trying to keep the dog calm and then went to bed

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I logged on last night and immediately started having connection issues.

Turns out it was because a major storm was rolling through so I ended up spending like 2 hours in the bathroom trying to keep the dog calm and then went to bed

Hopefully, tonight's the night then.  

Lucky for you that the boss seems to have called in sick today.  if he's not in by lunchtime, I am rolling the fuck out around 2PM or so. 

I can be ready to go by around 4PM or we can make a run after dinner.

I am working late tonight so if I get on it probably wont be till 8

And honestly I might just punt till next time.

I am three quarters of the way through the last rank for my 4th Valor reset. If I get that done I am positive I will get my 5th by the end of IB (I am irritated that I will miss the weekend of IB since I will be in NY - but Thursday and Monday should make up for that)

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am working late tonight so if I get on it probably wont be till 8

And honestly I might just punt till next time.

I am three quarters of the way through the last rank for my 4th Valor reset. If I get that done I am positive I will get my 5th by the end of IB (I am irritated that I will miss the weekend of IB since I will be in NY - but Thursday and Monday should make up for that)

Sound good.  I should be on either grinding Gambit medals for Hush (85% dammit...) or trying to find a Shattered Throne lore item team if you feel suddenly inclined to make a run.

Edited by J.T.

I did get Hush some time over the last few days. Funnily enough, haven't fired the damn thing once.

I am super close to my Riskrunner catalyst - like I am in the high 90s.

God what a fiasco trying to do my first Reckoning run with my Warlock was.

Four unsuccessful attempts later I gave up.

I realized the big issue was motherfucking Iron and Brawler were the mods so the fucking taken thrall would mob you and you were constantly battling for health and then some fucker would pot shot you from a 1000 miles away.

Didn't help that no one wanted to revive people

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I did get Hush some time over the last few days. Funnily enough, haven't fired the damn thing once.

I am super close to my Riskrunner catalyst - like I am in the high 90s.

God what a fiasco trying to do my first Reckoning run with my Warlock was.

Four unsuccessful attempts later I gave up.

I realized the big issue was motherfucking Iron and Brawler were the mods so the fucking taken thrall would mob you and you were constantly battling for health and then some fucker would pot shot you from a 1000 miles away.

Didn't help that no one wanted to revive people

What Tier are  you running?  I'd kill to only have to deal with Iron and Brawler on Tier 3.

Edited by J.T.