DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

And Bungie has announced Shadowkeep has been delayed two weeks till Oct 1

Moments of Triumph will now run till Sept 17 and they will run IB the week of Sept 17 (there will be another IB before that too)

It also means I can pretty much devote most of Sept to Borderlands 3

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

I got the 75 Void PKs in like four Crucible matches, but it is a pain in the ass to play with piecemeal armor.  Blue armor doesn't give me Mobility or Resilience for jack shit.  

I bitched about this so much aloud when I saw it only to see in my collection that I actually did get the Ikelos Hand Cannon at some point, finding myself at 69 kills a few Crucible and Gambit matches later.

Edited by Eivion

In that patch that is coming in Sept - they noted (among other things)

Mountaintop and Wendigo GL3 pinnacle quests will become more accessible.
Specific quest objectives will be tuned based on player feedback

The Wendigo quest was just an annoying grind. I'm probably now going to curse the pricks who get to go through it easy. I'm curious on how they change the Mountaintop. I'm already going through a painful slow run of Comp for Recluse and Luna's Howl. I had no intention of doing either, but with parts of each already I figured what the hell.

Finished my blue legs last night,. and i'm done with 1-2 of the objectives on my helmet and arms. The damn torso is again just another ridiculous long grind though I think I can finish it and others up this weekend. Its just annoying since there is an event in Fallout 76 I need to get to at least a few times before next Thursday.

This one random day I had to work today is really messing with my grind. Thank God I have a three day weekend

I think I have one thing completed on every piece (two on a couple)

I haven't gone back to the EAZ yet so that is part of the hold up.

My biggest priorities are I need 5 more Gambit matches and the like 8 patrols I have left. 

And these fucking solar melee kills are taking fucking forever

So yeah, I love our greater Destiny community.  

Beware when you are running the EAZ because there are dudes like me who only need mini-boss kills to finish their armor but unlike me, they will fucking quit out on you once the mini-boss hunting phase of the event is done.

Also, I've got two flawless runs in the can for the AC, but neither was fast enough to earn a speed run completion.  I'm at my wit's end about what I can do to shave the clock in order to get to the boss and kack him within the time limit. 

Wendigo is not getting it done, so I may have to roll with the Prospector and I am making good time running bottom tree Nightstalker and using Vanish to avoid fighting, but I don't think that tethers is bringing down the boss fast enough.

I may have to take my chances running middle tree Gunslinger and trying to melt him with Blade Barrage and Prospector or run top tree Arcstaff and use roaming super on boss and adds and try to finish with the Prospector.

Not sure how much gaming I am going to get done on Saturday since I am working nights and I plan on taking my kid to see Hobbes & Shaw around lunch before I pass out for the afternoon in prep for duty tomorrow night.

Edited by J.T.

Holy fuck, the EAZ mini-boss grind struggle is real.  Only 20 more to go before I get my Majestic armor.

On the plus side, I finally got that successful AC speed run done.   I can't believe I technically don't have to do those shits anymore.

I know that one of the pieces of Majestic Solstice armor masterworks requires a Valor rollover and so does the Redrix's Broadsword.

IIRC, the 5th Valor rollover for the Broadsword quest counts retroactively as long as you finish the quest before the end of a season aka the Right Back At It Again triumph, but I've also heard that the Right Back At It Again triumph is still a bit buggy so I may play it safe and just wait until I'm done with Redrix and then reset my Valor to complete the weapon quest and masterwork one of the Majestic Solstice armor pieces.

@RIPPA Remember that I'm working nights for the next couple of weeks so we'll have to run Throne in the early afternoon during one of the days when you're "working at home" if you plan on getting that done next week when the Curse is the strongest.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, RIPPA said:

And Bungie has announced Shadowkeep has been delayed two weeks till Oct 1

Moments of Triumph will now run till Sept 17 and they will run IB the week of Sept 17 (there will be another IB before that too)

It also means I can pretty much devote most of Sept to Borderlands 3

Me too!

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holy fuck, the EAZ mini-boss grind struggle is real.  Only 20 more to go before I get my Majestic armor.

Either that is damn bug or someone at Bungie is a massive asshole. It really could go either way. It is fucking ridiculous that you have to actually take out 100 minibosses yourself to reach the damn goal. I'm 68. Annoys the shit out of me since w/o that bs I would have my damn Majestic Armor already. After how many times they have to keep adjusting this shit I just don't get why they keep creating such ridiculous quests steps.

Edited by Eivion

I stopped last night at 50

The fact that they didn’t realize people were going to back out immediately after the mini boss stage is baffling to me

• Like 1

Got my purple

The valor reset is retroactive so if you have one this season already just start a match and it will pop for you. (You do have to physically go in and apply the masterwork to the item to get the triumph)

JT - I am gonna send you a clan invite in the hopes we can do the strikes tomorrow (I am off)

I legit think I am going to play something else for the rest of the day because I need a break.

And I still wanna get the set for my Warlock. Sigh...

• Like 2

Congrats on the purple. I slightly expected me or JT to hit it before you so I'm kind of surprised you are done already. If go you go for another set then I have to consider you at least slightly crazy.

• Like 1

Well one thing that helped was that I FINALLY got the encounter where you can farm the Cabal Engineer so that took out a decent chunk in one go through

Only reason I am going to do it on my Warlock is because I have like three more weeks and I know how to be more efficient with the two rounds. I know I won't Masterwork the armor on my Warlock because it will be a miracle if I do it on my Titan 

• Like 1

Finally finished that damn EAZ miniboss thing so I have my Majestic set. Reset my valor so at least one piece of armor is has its objective completed. The other stuff is weirdly enough kind of simple compared to the rest of the crap. The only issue is that no one else from the DVDVR clan is actually active on PS4.

• Like 1

I got my purple set early Sunday morning.  It only took six runs to kack the remaning 20 mini-bosses I had to kill.

And no, you don't have to murder them yourself.  One bullet will do, but your fireteam members will tend to compete with you for the spawns so it's not an easy feat to accomplish.

I thought that there was a glitch and then it dawned on me that the Valor reset had to be retroactive and I was happy that I didn't have to worry about micromanaging my 5th Redrix rollover timing to synch up with the one I needed for the armor.. 

I can go back to suffering through Rumble again and eventually entering into the misery of Comp.

Knocked out the Cloak MW for Yellow Bar kills by running Menagerie enough times to get three Leviathan mods for my Majestic armor.

@RIPPA I should be outta here earlier than expected and should get to bed around 3 or 4 AM EDT.   Hopefully I'll be up around mid-morning and we can knock out the Vanguard Strikes and 200K Nightfall with some Euros or Summer Break kids around lunch time.

Chest armor MW requires a two-man or a solo Shattered Throne run.  It's been months since I've done it, so I am not terribly sure about the layout, but I am familiar with the encounters and strats so if we're smart and careful we should be able to two man it @750 LL....  

....in theory.... because the Vorgeth encounter is a pain in the ass....

Edited by J.T.

19 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Damn, I completely forgot about Vorgeth. 

Yeah, the litmus test of success is how many times it takes us to get past Vorgeth.   I've use the same run counterclockwise strat several times and it's worked really well, but that was always with a three-man. 

With a two-man run there's not a lot of room for error, but we both have Malfeasance HCs so it shouldn't be that bad.

I have a Whisper, so hopefully we can just kack the Knights in the Dul Incaru fight fast enough for me to score a couple of 99999999999 headshots before shit gets messy.

Edited by J.T.

Some times this game does love me

I started the grind with my Warlock

First strike I do and its Lake of Shadows. We drop in and the Enemies are moving against each. Thankfully the two randos I am with are down for just murdering dudes.

So after doing that and then completing the strike - I am already 3/4 of the way done with my total orb generation and my strike orbs.

EDIT - OH! And I got almost all my Cabal kills done too.

• Like 1

3 pieces of Majestic Armor masterworked and two to go.

@RIPPA Since you're not "working from home" this week, I'm going to try to get my 200K Nightfall done before Friday but if you are home and gaming during the day on Saturday or Sunday, we can try to two-man Shattered Throne.

In the meantime, I should probably step up my Rumble game, get to grinding Comp matches, and maybe find myself a daytime raid group.

Oh, and it might also be wise to start studying up on Zero Hour since that run is the only thing keeping me from another MMXiX triumph and adding the Outbreak to my arsenal.

Edited by J.T.

200K Nightfall is a wrap.  I just need the Shattered Throne two-man run to finish masterworking my Majestic armor.  The Hollowed Lair is in the Nightfall Strike queue this week.  Lots of players are taking advantage of the million billion adds in the boss stage to get them past the bonus. 

My team nearly had 300K, but we were pushing 18 minutes so we kacked the Fanatic with Supers shortly after the second wave of adds.. We didn't want to chance wiping or point loss.

@RIPPA If you are going to be online during the daytime this weekend, we'll try to get a Shattered Throne 2-man run in.

I've seen one or two of the Voidrunner sparrows out and about, so there are a few people out there who have finish grinding armor for three characters. I don't have that kind of free time.

Ten more Rumble matches to go and then the heartburn of Comp play begins. 

I had my third career first place finish in Rumble this afternoon.  I have no idea how I can be rubbish one minute and then en fuego the next.  I am starting to sound like those gamer rage assholes that complains about lag all of the time.

Edited by J.T.

Remember to start shredding all your Eververse stuff you don't want/use

Since it will no longer give bright dust come Shadowkeep - get rid of everything now

I didn't really play yesterday aside form taking the time to shred shit in my vault. I went from 9 vault pages & roughly 5000 bright dust to 6 pages and 23,000 bright dust. I have no idea why I was keeping anything that wasn't an exotic beforehand, and even those I could probably drop at this point.

I didn't play much yesterday either.  I crashed for about nine hours during the day and logged on long enough to do a couple of strikes.

Gonna try to play some more Rumble this afternoon.  I need to complete ten more matches and 25 Comp matches before I can move on to the 20 Crucible bounty part of the Redrix's Broadsword bounty.

By the time I'm done with those bounties, I should already have my fifth Valor rollover of the season.  With any luck, I'll get the 25 Comp matches done between Saturday and Sunday and will have enough Glory to get my Recluse.  I'll have to hit up LFG and find some really sweaty bastards to back me up.