DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

What Tier are  you running?  I'd kill to only have to deal with Iron and Brawler on Tier 3.

Just Tier Fucking 1

I had really really really really fucking dumb teammates

And my Warlock is still on the squishy side

I literally just need to complete it so I can advance to choosing the Vanguard and getting that lore.

Mano posted a video outlining all the Solstice of Heroes stuff that was datamined

Bungie will be making the official announcement of stuff on Thursday

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Just Tier Fucking 1

I had really really really really fucking dumb teammates

And my Warlock is still on the squishy side

I literally just need to complete it so I can advance to choosing the Vanguard and getting that lore.

Yeah, it sounds like the randos you were with really sucked.  Tier 1's are just pure firefights without the headache of dealing with the Bridge of Folly.

It is literally the only Tier where you can take full advantage of the Singe.

When you are up to running twos and threes, Warlocks are running either Well or Slowva Bomb to make short work of the yellow bar boop bosses on the Bridge of Folly. 

I wouldn't trust teammates to feed you the orbs you need to maintain Well or to get you another Nova, so I would suggest loaning Bad Juju to your Warlock to prime your Super faster.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mano posted a video outlining all the Solstice of Heroes stuff that was datamined

Bungie will be making the official announcement of stuff on Thursday

Oh, for fuck's sake, another major content grind.  I already have MoT and Tribute Hall bullshit to deal with.

Edited by J.T.

Last Friday must've been the start of Prime YouTube Contributor post week since both Datto and Azteccross recently coordinated their "Make Scout Rifles Great Again" uploads.

Edited by J.T.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Last Friday must've been the start of Prime YouTube Contributor post week since both Datto and Azteccross recently coordinated their "Make Scout Rifles Great Again" uploads.

Well Datto's was tied into the fact that he finally grinded for Hush so it was more a "Bows, Scouts and Autos suck (with a couple of rare exceptions) so don't use them and don't expect Bungie to make any changes"

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, for fuck's sake, another major content grind.  I already have MoT and Tribute Hall bullshit to deal with.

I mean its exactly like the last one so I don't know why you should be surprised.

Most of it is straight forward.

As per usual - the first two levels of armor is all stuff you would be doing normally anyone you just have to remember to wear the correct orb generating mod.

Its the last one where I get boned because it requires to play with people - Prestige Nightfalls (200K... jesus), A Shattered Throne run with a fireteam (ironically enough), etc...

You will also need one Valor reset - and you know those fuckers won't be retroactive.

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well Datto's was tied into the fact that he finally grinded for Hush so it was more a "Bows, Scouts and Autos suck (with a couple of rare exceptions) so don't use them and don't expect Bungie to make any changes"

Bows, Scouts, and Auto's don't really suck.  The issue is that Pulse Rifles are really really good all purpose weapons that need to have their effective range trimmed back as not to compete with Bows and Scout Rifles. Bows, Scouts, and snipers should own long to extreme range weapon battles.

The problem is that when people bitch about weapons, it is usually from the PVP perspective and then when these weapons are nerfed it always manages to screw up PvE.

AR's have gotten away from their traditional bullet hose offense / defense role, so the best way to fix them would be to Increasing the flinch ability at short to medium range so that they are good counter-weapons to shotguns and fusion rifles.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As per usual - the first two levels of armor is all stuff you would be doing normally anyone you just have to remember to wear the correct orb generating mod.

The grinds for Solstice. MoT, and Tribute Hall won't really overlap unless they count the Solstice armor as Calus-themed and they probably won't.

I'll be changing armor every five minutes like I change from work shit to hanging around the house shit every day.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The grinds for Solstice. MoT, and Tribute Hall won't really overlap unless they count the Solstice armor as Calus-themed and they probably won't.

I'll be changing armor every five minutes like I change from work shit to hanging around the house shit every day.

Well there are two MoT/Tribute Hall Triumphs tied to Solstice so there might be some overlap.

How much more do you have to do? Like I don't need to wear my Opulent armor for regular patrol shit and strikes, I just am too lazy to switch.

I am almost done with Gambit so I won't need it there soon enough.

The Crucible will be the only pain in the ass. And considering how much IB I plan on doing - I might finish my Valor rank one before Solstice starts.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

How much more do you have to do?

I am also too lazy to switch, but I am still grinding Infamy / Valor while in Calus gear for Tribute Hall and there is also raid shit. 

I'm also grinding the price discount boons, but that doesn't have to be done in Calus gear.

I think I have two Weapon Frames for MoT as far as MoT shit that I can do solo goes.   Then it's the Raid Trifecta, Crucible Pinnacle Weapon, and somehow getting my hands on the Outbreak.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I am not even thinking about the Raid stuff so that is why I won't really have an issue with the Solstice stuff.

I am pretty much over the fucking discount boons and am debating if I want to continue the grind to 80 or not.

BTW - in case you didn't notice, you can do the shitty weapon frames too and they count toward the 10. They don't have to be just the special Black Armory frames.

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - in case you didn't notice, you can do the shitty weapon frames too and they count toward the 10. They don't have to be just the special Black Armory frames.

I figured out you could do the Modulus Report versions during the week, but I got tired of running forges when I could be doing other things.

I figured that since I had two frames left to construct, it may as well be in the effort to complete the upcoming WC for the IB Reset, so I stopped and made more Menagerie runs. 

My Opulent armor is almost optimal min / max and the effort to get the JUST RIGHT pair of boots and chest armor probably isn't worth the misery especially since I have all of the event triumphs unlocked for Normal Menagerie. 

The only Menagerie triumphs I have left are the ones for flawless boss runs and I know I won't make the grade with the KWTD USE NINJA PUPS'S STRAT OR BE KICKED crowd.

I'll probably start looking and finding Heroic Menagerie groups that are just grinding for swords and don't really care as long as the entire fireteam doesn't die all at once..   

If we get a flawless run on a boss that's great and all, but I just want a Goldtusk with a decent roll.

Edited by J.T.

I literally just remembered this morning (while watching his video) that Mano's solo guide for Zero Hour was based around having Jotunn

So now I know what I might attempt sometime this week.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Bows, Scouts, and Auto's don't really suck.  The issue is that Pulse Rifles are really really good all purpose weapons that need to have their effective range trimmed back as not to compete with Bows and Scout Rifles. Bows, Scouts, and snipers should own long to extreme range weapon battles.

The problem is that when people bitch about weapons, it is usually from the PVP perspective and then when these weapons are nerfed it always manages to screw up PvE.

I don't use enough Scout Rifles to judge, but this is very true when it comes to Autos and Bows. Neither are great in PvP, but they are absolutely solid weapons in PvE. The Subtle Calamity was something I was rolling out regularly and used to great effect until all of these bounties and other quests forced me to use other shit. Even then if I want to knock precision hit stuff out I used a bow

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The Crucible will be the only pain in the ass. And considering how much IB I plan on doing - I might finish my Valor rank one before Solstice starts.

But, you are in a really good spot though.  All you need to do is be relentless on that Valor grind and you will check the Crucible Pinnacle Weapon block without having to play any more Comp.

The hell of Comp play for a Pinnacle Weapon is ahead for me, not behind.

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I literally just remembered this morning (while watching his video) that Mano's solo guide for Zero Hour was based around having Jotunn

Just about all of his solo guides involve Jotunn.   He literally breaks it out like a minute into his Other Side solo guide to melt the yellow bar knight at the start of the mission

He probably has his armor min / maxed for Fusion Rifles, so I will just try to find some patient dudes with a sense of humor to flip switches ahead of me before I follow along with my shitty Hunter platforming jumps and I will nuke enemy barriers with a 750 Hard Light and then smersh them with Wendigo or Bad Omens.

Edited by J.T.

For the record - I thought it was implied that Datto's bitching was mainly for PvP (since as JT mentioned - most content creators focus their gripes in that department)

And even more specifically - Competitive. (And a lot of the talk is in terms of the meta. God I feel like I am playing Overwatch again)

And a lot of it is - yeah, if you are good enough, you can make just about anything work

But Datto also brings up the issue that since almost all the PvP maps were originally designed for 4v4 they are more compact and as long as you have things like Pulse Rifles, Hand Cannons and Shotguns being so good in those situations you are almost handicapping yourself by using anything else

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For the record - I thought it was implied that Datto's bitching was mainly for PvP (since as JT mentioned - most content creators focus their gripes in that department)

Which is whey he really should caveat his vids with the premise that he is bitching about the Crucible.

Bows, Autos, and Scouts work perfectly fine in every other game mode save PvP and even then I am a bit dubious since everyone blames the gun when they cannot hit the broad side of a barn with it.  All Mtashed's moronic pissing and moaning vids could all be entitled Hand Cannos Suck Because I Suck With Hand Cannons And Hunters Should Be Banned From Everything Because They Don't Stand In Front Of My Shotgun.

27 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

But Datto also brings up the issue that since almost all the PvP maps were originally designed for 4v4 they are more compact and as long as you have things like Pulse Rifles, Hand Cannons and Shotguns being so good in those situations you are almost handicapping yourself by using anything else

Hence my theory that the REAL problem with PvP is the map design.

If D2 had the variety of maps that D1 did / does, we wouldn't be talking about weapons nerfs as often as we do.  If Firebase Delphi showed up in D2 PvP, I'd lose my shit.  I practically lived there.

I'd never thought I'd see the day where people remembered boring and shitty Combined Arms and its Texas-sized maps with any sort of melancholy, but here we are.

I totally agree that the PvP game would benefit from slightly larger maps with better sight lines, but I do not think that bringing Combined Arms back is even anything remotely resembling a good idea.

Edited by J.T.

Well, fuck.  I went on a tear of earning Gold medals in Gambit last night even in losses and went from eighty one percent at NNETY NNE PERCENT~! on my medal total for Hush after about five or six matches.

I was annoyed at first when I realized how close I was in the last match I played, but I figured that I would get the last one percent after today's weekly reset.  The completed Hush bounty can go towards my weekly challenge total with Ikora.

I will be mostly about the IB this week, although I plan to get in some Gambit Prime and some Reckoning so that I can keep earning Infamy towards my Tribute Hall triumph and continue to take shots at getting a couple of the Curated roll GP weapons.

I have a decent roll on the Night Watch scout rifle (not Curated, though), but I have only gotten one or two Gnawing Hunger autos to drop for me and both of them had shit rolls.  I would like to get a really good Gnawing Hunger to carry me through the auto rifle part of one of the pending IB bounties I will need to knock out.

I have a Breakneck to use as my auto rifle of choice, but I've never really liked how it performs in PvP.

I have my Curated roll Beloved to get me past the Sniper Rifle kills and I have a really good Stryker's Sure-Hand roll to handle sword murdering, so I'm covered on those two fronts. 

Not really looking forward to competing with my own teammates over Power Ammo just to get Sword kills, but this is the nature of the beast that Bungie has built with these dumb bounties. 

I know that the IB armor bounties are supposed to be tweaked to improve team contributions, but I have a bad feeling I'll have to get my own Sword kills.  There is always that one dumbass on your team with a Wardcliff Coil that circles the purple like a fucking vulture.  Either that, or I will be on a team of morons that refuses to hold down the heavy spawn.

Hopefully by next Tuesday I will have earned enough Valor to put that shining statue of Shaxx in my Tribute Hall and maybe will have collected all of my Iron Truage armor pieces so that I can make a run at the S7 Iron Banner triumph.

I will try to complete as many of the Visage''s discount bounties as I can, but I don't plan on running all over Hell and Breakfast to do that shit while there is PvP to be done.  My discount right now is over 50% and I should be able to get it close to 70% even if I am half trying over the next week.  I only need to buy ten more tributes in order for the Visage to sell me the Bad Juju catalyst.

I think that I will go all in on trying to get the Outbreak Perfected during the work nights next week because I will be on graveyard for two weeks starting next Saturday or Sunday, and I am not sure I can depend on Euro players to get me to the Promised Land.  The UK and Swedish homies are usually very helpful, but I've noticed that Spanish, French, and German players tend to stick with one another and avoid the language hurdles.

I have taken enough French, Spanish, and German classes in High School and college to recognize "No English" when I see it in an LFG post.

Edited by J.T.

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So I miscounted and got my Redrix's last night

FUCK YEAH~!  Grats on earning your CRUCIBLE PINNACLE WEAPON~!  I suppose I need to cowboy up and put my hands on the Recluse and the Revoker if I can manage these sniper rifle headshots and not go crazy while grinding Comp.

Now you don't have to try so hard this week in the IB.  The Broadsword work is done so depending on how much you care about the IB Armor bounties or the S7 Iron Truage triumph, you could actually take the week off from PvP.

If you knock out your weapon frames and get the Outbreak, you will be one triumph closer than me for your MoT seal.  If it were me, I'd focus on that shit and move IB stuff to the rear burners.

Will you put yourself through raid hell?  That is the burning question.

Hopefully Shaxx will make the Broadsword ornament available to you in game for Crucible tokens but knowing Bungie, they may put it in Tess's inventory for Silver.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah basically - I forgot that there is always a delay with the game recognizing resets so after my last one which - at the time - I thought was #4, my Triumph said only 3 so I was like "Hmm... I am old and forgetful". And I never went back and checked.

So when I hit my reset last night after one match - the Redrix's completion popped up and I was like "Ummm....." And I look and the two different Triumphs still didn't pop (it showed 4 of 5). So I was really confused.

Then I went to do my next match and as soon as the match started - all the Triumphs popped

I missed this Polygon article about Shadowkeep until Houndish did a video about it

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2019/7/22/20701111/bungie-destiny-2-shadowkeep-artifact-eye-of-the-gatelord-abilities-mod-season-of-the-undying

Ironically since I never played Rise of Iron I have yet to use the Artifact system

Other notes

- First will be in the Black Garden

- Seasons will continue to be roughly 3 months long. First season with be Vex themed.

Also - not from that article but from a message board post - Bugnie is seeking player feedback around Factions Rallies as they still try to figure out if/how they will bring them back

I rage quit D1 long before RoI dropped, so I also have no idea what the artifact system is all about. 

I don't remember hearing the old DARPA clan members talk about it with any fondness. I assume it was one of the horrible decisions that killed off most of the D1 player base.

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Other notes

- First will be in the Black Garden

- Seasons will continue to be roughly 3 months long. First season with be Vex themed.

Also - not from that article but from a message board post - Bugnie is seeking player feedback around Factions Rallies as they still try to figure out if/how they will bring them back

With Elsie Bray / Exo Stranger coming back, I figured that the Vex would be returning to form sooner or later.  Cabal and Scorn have had their seasons and Hive is coming up, so it's about time for Bungie to remind us why we should also be afraid of the Vex.

If the only thing to work for in Faction Rallies is bragging rights, I'd prefer they not return.  If they're going to give us new Exotic quests / catalysts tied to each faction, then that will provide the motivation I will need to get me to go through the armor / weapon grind bullshit all over again.

It would also help if New Monarchy weapons weren't stacked with really good perks and base stats while War Cult and Dead Orbit weapons were mostly garbage.  The NM auto-rifle having a stupidly higher TTK than the FWC auto-rifle made zero sense.

Oh and Bungie devs.   ALL SPARROWS SOLD BY FACTION VENDORS SHOULD HAVE A 160 TRAVEL SPEED, ASSHOLES~!

The next season's DLC had better come with a major Vault expansion since I have like four sets of GP armor in tow in addition to my Opulent armor and shit will be even more cluttered if I have to cobble together a set of armor for each faction.

That's not even factoring in faction weapon load-outs.

Speaking of shit I'd rather not see some back, they can go ahead and permanently kill Trials of the Nine for all I care since Comp grinds for Crucible Pinnacle Weapons have effectively filled the PvP Endgame void.

Edited by J.T.