DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

I am almost done with my green armor on my Warlock.

I just have to do like 5 more strikes and 4 more crucible/gambit matches

I have finished all the orb type parts of the armor.

I fucking hate the EAZ

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JT - I managed to swing a work from home day tomorrow so hit me up for Shattered Throne

Coolio.  I should be on around lunchtime.  I will probably crash as soon as I get to the crib in the morning.

If I can remember the spots where the bones are we'll try to get them and back into a triumph or two, but I'm not going to waste a lot of time trying to look for them if I think we've passed them. 

If we're making good time, it's probably wiser to keep going and push for the event clear.

Finished 5 more Rumble matches today.  Managed three Podium Finishes but my ER's were barely positive. 

As much as I want to say that I'll never play Rumble once I get these last few games done, that's probably not true.  Once I get one or two PvP Pinnacle weapons in my arsenal, I'll go back and see how I fare against the stacked fucks that stain that dark corner of the Crucible.

Edited by J.T.

Bungie announced that with next week’s hotfix, the mini boss total will drop to 50 and the final boss will count as 5

Perfect timing as I start on my Warlock’s blue armor today

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bungie announced that with next week’s hotfix, the mini boss total will drop to 50 and the final boss will count as 5

Perfect timing as I start on my Warlock’s blue armor today

Why do they always fix that shit after I've already done it the hard way?  That is bullshit.

• Thanks 1

DVDVR has conquered the Shattered Throne and defeated Dul Incaru!

I managed to solo to the Hobgoblin Hallway before Rippa logged on, so he was spared the bullshit of the Gate of the Prophets run.  I also managed to nick two sets of Ahamkara bones, so I have the set on the Ogre Ledges and the set on boop wall approach to Vorgeth's lair left to retrieve.

We picked our way through the Hobgoblin Hallway, the Ogre Ledges, and somehow managed to get past the Slow Corridor in one run!

And then the unimaginable happened.  WE BEAT VORGETH WITHOUT WIPING~!  We didn't one phase him, but putting him down as a two-man without taking hours and hours is fucking major.  I was so proud of us that I was nearly in tears.

Good times did not last as it took nearly two hours to defeat Dol Incaru.  To be fair, a lot of those wipes were deliberate ammo runs because we needed to snuff adds and refill the guns we swapped into our load-outs.  Bungie really should patch that dungeon and put a Raid Banner posting spot right there in the final encounter site.

After telling ourselves that we'd give it one more try before tapping out, we finally cracked the code on weapons, timing, and tactics to kack her ass and fully masterwork our Majestic SoH armor sets for our mains!  FUCK YEAH~!

... or at least I did since Rippa revealed that he still had to do the 200K Nightfall for his Titan helmet.

I'll probably keep the Solstice armor in my active inventory and do silly emotes while I'm at the Tower so that people will be tempted to inspect my gear and I can show off the full masterwork set.  Half of the fun of this game is bragging rights as people love to show off their raid gear and rare emblems.

Speaking of emblems, one of these days I really will have to LFG a decent Gambit crew to go after the 15 Mote Block Party Emblem / Triumph.... anyway...

We got Rippa on the road to the Wish Ender bow, but there's no telling when he'll actually finish the weapon quest.   I'll probably make another solo run sometime this weekend to get that last two sets of bones.  I'm fairly certain I can get to them both after a little heartburn since IIRC they are both situated before the Slow Corridor, but I'll need help getting to the eggs because IIRC some of them are situated past the Vorgeth fight and I am not really confident about my ability to deal with that big bastard and his helpers by my lonesome and continue on.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Since Bungie announced they are lower the mini boss kills to 50 (and that the final boss counts as 5) I am not really rushing to finish my blue armor on my Warlock till Tuesday

I will finish all the other steps but I ain't touching the EAZ till then

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

I get that. I think my first run took so long for similar reasons.

I think I mentioned that in my post and how I'd like to see a Raid Banner posting spot at the final encounter site so that you're not wasting your time like that.  '

Shit like that happens when you're trying to beat a scenario under sub-optimal conditions like trying to two-man tackle a scenario built for three characters that is challenging even when you are overleveled.

• Like 1

I was burnt out after a hard night so I only hit up the Menagerie when I played on Saturday.  Made three runs.  No dice on a good roll for the CALUS Mini-Tool and I also got two duplicate mods that I had to shred.

The one new mod I got went to my Opulent armor.

Tonight has also been rough, but I hope to not be so burned out that I can't make a Shattered Throne solo run to try to get the last two sets of Ahamkara bones.  Gonna try to get that shit done before the week is out. 

Not even worried about the eggs in Throne since I also need a Last Wish clear to scoop up some of the remaining eggs I need.

At the very least, I'll try to get in some more Rumble before I pass out for the day.

Edited by J.T.

Outside of continuing to put a dent into the Crucible match grind (I think I did 2 of 10 last night) - I am probably going to play other things the next couple of days

Granted if I am at the point where I need to go back into Shattered Throne to get Wish Ender than I might jump into your run for bones

Actually - if we are on at the same time, I need you to help me run this special version of the Pyramidion that I have to do for Izanagis Burden

I mostly just worked on Banshee bounties and continued the hand cannon kill process for one of the Crucible pinnacle weapons (I assume Luna's Howl). I really need to hit up LFG and find some people to carry me in Comp. The hand cannon kills is fine, but I would like to try and finish the Recluse bounty by raising my rank. I haven't hit above Brave III working with randoms. My last comp yesterday wad nice though since i was on a decent team. It was a slaughter for the poor bastards we faced. All of my team had 29 kills save for one guy who had the highest efficiency, I assume due to never dying.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Outside of continuing to put a dent into the Crucible match grind (I think I did 2 of 10 last night) - I am probably going to play other things the next couple of days

Granted if I am at the point where I need to go back into Shattered Throne to get Wish Ender than I might jump into your run for bones

Actually - if we are on at the same time, I need you to help me run this special version of the Pyramidion that I have to do for Izanagis Burden

I was a bit burned out after work on Saturday night and crapped out after one really shitty Gambit match, but tonight should be fairly routine.   If I see you online tomorrow, I'll give you a shout.

Edited by J.T.

Speaking of the waiting for ammo/supers bullshit

I rage quit last night.

I was doing the hidden quest to get the token as part of Wish Ender

And there are only so many bullshit - oh let me boop you off the ledge, I finally had to quit

I mean if you are going to say "Fuck you - we won't give you ammo" then the respawn shouldn't be directly in front of 3 shielded yellow bar fucks.

I would literally have to spend 10 minutes just running around collecting ammo just to have a chance at 1 run of killing three dudes.

Yeah, I was on long enough to log a second place finish in Rumble (1.7 ER~!) and then I brawled my way through the first section of Throne only to slip and fall to my death while tracking down the third set of bones located in the Ogre Ledges section. 

The checkpoints are fucking brutal in Shattered Throne and I didn't want to have to fight my way back from the mini-boss fight near the Hobgoblin Hallway, so I also rage quit and went back to bed.

Depending on when I get up tomorrow, I'll either make another go of it with a partner or two or I'll just play some more Rumble and go to bed.  If I crap out tomorrow, so be it because night shift is kicking my ass.  I'll make a lore run in three more weeks.

I need to start hitting up Comp before the season is out so that I can go back to grinding Valor and knocking out the 20 Crucible Bounties quickly. I should have my Redrix before the end of this season and maybe my Recluse as well depending on how well I do in Comp.

I may also get my Reckoner before Shadowkeep if I can earn enough points in my Comp run and log 100 more sniper kills.

Edited by J.T.

Lucked out and manged to find someone already at the boss fight for Shattered Throne. Managed to knock it out in a few tries so that part of my Solstice armor is officially done. Now I just need the prestige Nightfall and the clan strikes. Yeah still not quite sure how I'm doing the latter with no one else on DVDVR being active on the PS4. Then again since they can be masterworked at any point I might be fine just waiting for someone here to gather interest and pester them for it then.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Lucked out and manged to find someone already at the boss fight for Shattered Throne. Managed to knock it out in a few tries so that part of my Solstice armor is officially done. Now I just need the prestige Nightfall and the clan strikes. Yeah still not quite sure how I'm doing the latter with no one else on DVDVR being active on the PS4. Then again since they can be masterworked at any point I might be fine just waiting for someone here to gather interest and pester them for it then.

IIRC, RIPPA can make you a DVDVR Admin and give you the ability to make someone on your Friend List a temp member of the clan so that you can knock the strikes out with a homie.

That's pretty much how we did it.

Unfortunately, I don't really have anyone I play regularly with. My friends list is basically full of people I have played once, maybe twice with, and my older brother who does not play Destiny (just generally too busy, his PS4 isn't even hooked up right now).

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48058

That's part 1 of Luke Smith's state of the game

I'm sad to hear that the team got burned out a bit, but I have also enjoyed the amount of content released this season.  I hope they find a happy medium.

I like playing Gambit, so I guess I am alone in my enjoyment of the Season of the Drifter.  The Emissary bounties were fun to collect and it wouldn't really bother me if Gambit went away in favor of Gambit Prime.  Reckoning is proof positive of Bungie's Warlock bias, so they need to fucking fix the encounter design, especially the fucking AoE stomp.

I agree with the reasons for nerfing Whisper but not everyone has a clan to back them up, so finding ways to circumvent ammo is one of the best ways for solo causals to get shit done.  Quit fucking with casual play, Bungie.

Everything about Season of Opulence fucking ruled.  More of that shit.

Edited by J.T.

I enjoy Gambit so you're not alone. I'm also good with the idea of regular Gambit dying for Gambit Prime. 

EDIT: Playing so much Comp really does put emphasis on why it sucks. Supers should just outright not be a thing in it.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

EDIT: Playing so much Comp really does put emphasis on why it sucks. Supers should just outright not be a thing in it.

The reason Comp sucks is because VPWs and GPWs have their performance watered down in PvP, so Comp favors the teams who already have Crucible Pinnacle Weapons and not the poor players suffering through Comp trying to get their first CPWs.

Bungie can address this by trying to tweak Matchmaking, but they probably won't.  I have no clue why the game can't to a better job at putting stacks vs. other stacks, but I am not a coder so I don't know how difficult the process is.

It is my suspicion that converting PvP from 4v4 to 6v6 broke Matchmaking.  D1 wasn't all that great at putting stacks vs. other stacks, but I seem to recall D1 being better at it than D2 is.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The reason Comp sucks is because VPWs and GPWs have their performance watered down in PvP, so Comp favors the teams who already have Crucible Pinnacle Weapons and not the poor players suffering through Comp trying to get their first CPWs.

Bungie can address this by trying to tweak Matchmaking, but they probably won't.  I have no clue why the game can't to a better job at putting stacks vs. other stacks, but I am not a coder so I don't know how difficult the process is.

It is my suspicion that converting PvP from 4v4 to 6v6 broke Matchmaking.  D1 wasn't all that great at putting stacks vs. other stacks, but I seem to recall D1 being better at it than D2 is.

That is definitely one of the reasons. Stuff like supers though is another. Its way too easy for a team of to be wiped by roaming supers. Fuck I've been killed twice within the same damn super a few times. I know Datto was complaining about supers in general for Crucible, but I don't find them that bad in regular Crucible. Its just Comp where supers feel like bs because of how easy it can turn any of those match types around. My team was winning at least a few of those until we got wiped by roaming supers.

Beyond that matchmaking definitely sucks. Not sure how but I got stuck with the same damn shitty bow user 3-4 times in a row. It also sucks when dealing with people who don't know how some of these game types work. Countdown is actually ok when people have an idea of what they are doing. When they don't, its a painful experience.