DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I will be on most of the day once I wake up

Assuming I wake up

I'll be back online sometime after 3PM EST.  I'm one Invader murder away from Mark of the Devourer, so I'll probably start off playing Gambit Prime to get these wins and hope that I luck out and kack one more enemy invader with Thorn.  I'm doing better as a Sentry than I have with any of the other GP specialties.

I'll try to get to the Reckoning this week because I'm always about trying to get good rolls on Joker's Wild weapons, but those 80 IB tokens aren't going to earn themselves so that's what I'll mostly be focused on after I knock out the GP WC and cash in my GP Wins bounty.

I'm headed to Army MWR around lunchtime to pick up the Busch Gardens tickets. 

Edited by J.T.

Thank God this is going to be one more IB this season because I forgot how behind I am on my Warlock.

If I am lucky - I will finish this grenade step before this week is over

With the introduction of Shadowkeep - Destiny will be moving to a Battle Pass (so basically to be like everyone else)

Seasons can be bought individually (or you can buy an Annual Pass)

There will be a free tier path for the folks who aren't buying seasons (but some activities will only be available to the folks who bought a season)

I got an email from Blizzard saying Destiny 2 was leaving their Battle.Net launcher, but of course it didn't say what it was moving to. I haven't touched it since I did the free thing last year (?), but thought that was a level of eye-rolling petty. 

4 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

I got an email from Blizzard saying Destiny 2 was leaving their Battle.Net launcher, but of course it didn't say what it was moving to. I haven't touched it since I did the free thing last year (?), but thought that was a level of eye-rolling petty. 

So that officially makes them the only people besides Activision themselves angry that Bungie split with Activision.

• Haha 1

God Bless Triple Valor

Did a reset yesterday - 12 hours later just got another reset

I completed all my Warlock IB stuff now I am just playing to knock out some Triumphs

I will spend the rest of the weekend trying to grind on Wendigo. All I need is multikills - this will take forever

End up with a very productive 4 day weekend which probably says a lot about my social life

- Got the full IB armor for my Warlock

- Did all the IB bounties on both of my characters

- Got my Wendigo

- Completed the Vigilance Wing catalyst

- Rest my Valor 3 times

I am up to nearly nine Valor resets.  I played a bit this morning to get in the last three headshots I needed for the Revoker quest.  I am halfway through Mythic III for the second time in a week.

All I need to do for the Revoker quest now is to keep earning Glory and I am sitting at about 2K out of 3800 points.. 

I'm pulling swing shift until Friday and it's not my custody weekend so depending on whether or not I'm up for it, I will try to weasel in on a Last Wish raid group on Saturday and attempt to grind Comp for the Recluse on Sunday.  Hopefully I can get into a raid group that is destroying the eggs as well as getting an event clear.

I have a 750 Last Perdition in my EW slot that I thought I was going to use as my Primary Weapon once I got the Revoker, but I'll probably wait until after I earn my Recluse to start using the PvP sniper.  I don't see myself giving up the edge the Broadsword give me in the Crucible until I have something equally deadly to take it's place.  

Don't get me wrong.  The LP is a top-tier PvP pulse rifle, but it's not nearly as empowering in your hands as the Broadsword.

Speaking of the Broadsword, I completed the Blade Master triumph in the Crucible queue.  The IB was the perfect time to grind those 5-Kill streaks with the Broadsword alone since it is absurdly lethal.

My daughter has forbidden me to go see IT! Chapter 2 by myself, so I have to wait until next weekend.  Like I said before, I should be off and on all weekend long.

Edited by J.T.

I think that the Daily HC for Mars is broken.  I had to activate it through Ana's vendor menu rather than go directly to the challenge sword checkpoint.

Actually, I think the Daily HC's are broken for both Mars and Mercury, because I know I did the HC the last time that Mercury was the Flashpoint but I just noticed that the challenge sword checkpoint near the Endless Forest gateway says that I have an active HC there.

I always do the DHC planetside on Flashpoint day because it is an easy 35% towards the Flashpoint completion total, especially when the Flahspoint is on fucking Mercury.

I will do my best to put in some work on the Mars Community Challenge, but I really do hate doing shit on Mars.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I know that when we needed to do Heroic Adventures for the Solstice armor - I just bought them straight from Anna

The one's from Ana are more straightforward.  Vance's HAs on Mercury can bite my ass.

I remember hating The Up And Up since Hunter jumps suck and I would barely have time to kill the boss under the wire because it took me forever to get to the top tier for the final fight.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So I haven't really been paying a super amount of attention to how Shadowkeep will work. Does/Will it have an annual pass like Forsaken?

Yes - though they haven't given the exact details on it yet (or I missed them)

But yes you can buy an annual pass that will give all three(???) seasons upcoming.

• Thanks 1

After converting like 20 stems into override frequencies and chasing down nodes, I remembered everything I hated about the Warmind DLC.

I helped to melt about five EP bosses today, so I have put in work for the community.  I will do my best to clear both of the Mars Nightfalls as 100Ks, but I'm not making any promises.   I know I will try to get at least one done so that I go grind another Decryption Key. 

The EP BBEG this week is the DPS knight so it's a straight fight with no mechanics and its also the EP rotation where all of the IKELOS weapons are up for grabs, so if you are missing IKELOS weapons from your Osiris / Warmind Collection Seal this is the time to try to get those drops.  I got the shotty today while running with some randoms.

Edited by J.T.

I played the Gambit match OF MY LIFE today.  It was literally a battle of who was the best invader. 

The other guy killed with impunity during our Primeval time, but I did the best killing when his team had motes so we grabbed the first round.  Thank God that comebacks were patched many moons ago.

Second round went to the other team.  Dude wiped us twice when both teams had Primevals, BUT SO DID I~!  Neither team finished off their Primeval since the two of us who were invading were really damned good.  Other team damaged theirs the most and dude wiped us to buff our Primeval, so they won the second round.

The third round was fucking wild.  We both invaded during Sudden Death whenever a portal was active, but my dumb team got enough stops for us to get the duke after everyone on my team popped their supers at the same time.  I sent the dude a GG message and he was very respectful.  I enjoy the rare moments of sportsmanship in this game.

I got my Embrace The Darkness triumph in the Sudden Death round.  It didn't dawn on me that I nearly had two AoO medals in one invasion until the triumph notification popped up.

After that, I went from being a Gambit hero to a Crucible zero in no time flat.  I had two matches where I went negative.  It was like I couldn't do anything right and I lost more 1v1 gunfights than I am used to.   My team refusing to capture zones just made matters worse.  I rage quit after the second match, started up my Hitman download, and went into work a half hour early.

I have no idea how I can play brilliantly one moment and then be a total jughead the next.  Wild shit is going on under the hood of this fucking game.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

The TWIB explains more of the Crucible changes

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48124

To what we were talking about earlier

We want to create some variety in the PvP experience from Season to Season, and one way we’re doing that is to bench some maps for the Season. While they’re out of rotation, if time allows we also hope to improve how they play by tweaking spawn areas, ammo spawns, and overall structure so they return better than before. The first four to be removed from all playlists are:

Dead Cliffs
Legion’s Gulch
Retribution
Solitude

We also made a pass on all playlists, removing some maps from playlists where they don’t shine.  Equinox is now only in Scorched, Mayhem, and Breakthrough, and Firebase Echo is only in Supremacy, Mayhem, and Breakthrough.

While we are removing a few maps, we are also introducing Widow’s Court, Twilight Gap, and the new map, Fragment. Think Dreaming City meets Infinite Forest.

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, RIPPA said:

The TWIB explains more of the Crucible changes

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48124

To what we were talking about earlier

Wow, they're taking out four maps that have absolutely nothing wrong with them. 

Hey, guys?  Why don't you fix the fucking spawn points on Pacifica, eh?

And Equinox is out of normal rotation?  Really?  One of the few maps where you can actually use a Scout Rifle, a Combat Bow, or a Sniper and not suck? 

And they put in in the fucking Breakthrough queue which is all about close quarters team shooting and small area defense thus making the map conform to something it's not really supposed to?  Thanks for taking away one of the better opportunities to grind Revoker progress, Bungie....

I have no idea what the Bungie devs are smoking, but I certainly don't want any.  Those decisions are pretty stupid.  If they're from the general community, then the devs got feedback from folks who sound like they've never played PvP in their lives or expect their favorite Hand Cannon or Shotgun to be good in all situations..

The only thing I like in that news burb is that Firebase Echo is in Mayhem, Supremacy and Breakthrough, but it's only really fit for Breakthrough because it is a horrible 6v6 map.   They really should just port it over to Comp and use it for 4v4 Survival or Clash.

Edited by J.T.

Speaking of horrible PvP experiences, another Recluse grind goes down the tubes.   I put out an LFG and got some dude who was absolutely terrible and then the fucker bounces from my fireteam without saying a word.

After about twenty minutes of no responses, I solo queued two more matches so that I could at least get the Glory bump after tomorrow's hard reset.

Overall, I had two loses and one win so I should be right back where I started from after I get my bonus Glory on Tuesday afternoon.  Bad for the Recluse quest, but I am still earning Glory towards the Revoker.

I don't like grinding Comp on the weekdays since I like to get to bed before 4AM, so I'll do whatever DCs are up this afternoon and then transition to Hitman.

Since Monday I have done.... one forge ignition

I just couldnt get motivated to play (Anything for that matter)

I really need to plow through the Borderlands 2 DLC before Friday

I might play some Gambit this week due to the increased Infamy but I also feel like I might as well rest until Shadowkeep

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Since Monday I have done.... one forge ignition

I just couldnt get motivated to play (Anything for that matter)

I really need to plow through the Borderlands 2 DLC before Friday

I might play some Gambit this week due to the increased Infamy but I also feel like I might as well rest until Shadowkeep

I put in 5K for the Clan and cleared out the Tower challenges.   That's about it.   I finished that shit up early on Wednesday afternoon and then played Hitman for the rest of the night and all afternoon on Thursday. 

I don't think I played anything on Friday night.   I reupped Netflix so that I could watch Last Jedi and get caught up for Rise of Skywalker.

I played enough Gambit Prime and Reckoning on Saturday to earn my Powerful Items for the week and then switched over to Hitman again.

I already bitched about Sunday's PvP frivolity.

Edited by J.T.

I realized that getting all that IB stuff done last time means I can skip the one that will happen right before Shadowkeep and dedicate that time to Borderlands 3

The downside is I realized Shadowkeep is coming out basically the weekend where my family is coming to visit so I will get no playing in.