DVDVR Message Board

Destiny 2

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got my Gambit Triumph last night - helped that my first match was the 2nd best Gambit match I ever had. Banked over half my team's motes, killed 10 people while invading (including an Army of One), got two denied medals and we won. (The only one better was the one where I got the two Army of Ones in the same match)

You went nuts!  

I went gonzo on a horrible team last week and got a Perfect Round medal (Defeat one High Value Target, Summon Large Blocker, Kill Two Guardians as an Invader, Defeat an Invader , Win the Round). 

I didn't realize how well I did until the round was over.

If you think about trying to do somethin specific you never succeed, so I just do my best to play the match as it goes and get a win..

Edited by J.T.

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also got my maximum discount so I really don't have to do fucking anything again for the Triumph Hall. Stupid Bad Juju catalyst

I am going to try to get raid clears for LW, SotP, and CoS before the end of the season and If I remember to wear my Calus gear then so be it.  Right now, I am all about the PvP Pinnacle Weapons chase and raids just cut into PvP time.

Frankly I'll be more happier if I actually complete the MMXIX triumph seal that if I got all of my Triumph Hall tributes and I only need one clear per raid for the triumph seal.  I am not sure how many runs it will take in Calus gear to get the raid tributes.

I couldn't pass up on the Only The Essentials triumph though.  I had to do it for the sake of personal pride.

Edited by J.T.

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you think about trying to do somethin specific you never succeed, so I just do my best to play the match as it goes and get a win..

This reminds me that I finally got the Pefect Match (or Game - I forget the exact name of the Gold Triumph) this weekend

I guess it only pops if you in the match from the very start since I have had match where I dropped into Quickplay and never died but that definitely was the first time I did it from the start.

It helped that we mercied the poor fools so the match was over in less than 3 minutes

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It helped that we mercied the poor fools so the match was over in less than 3 minutes

My team won a Countdown match after the other team had two quitters bail on them after Round 2 and they got no replacements. 

We didn't even have to set bombs to win the latter rounds.  All we had to do was team shoot both guys on the enemy side fast enough that they couldn't revive each other.

I felt badly for the those guys, but I'll take wins where I can get them.  If you want to win at Comp, you definitely have to leave your honor at the door.

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This reminds me that I finally got the Pefect Match (or Game - I forget the exact name of the Gold Triumph) this weekend.

?

I know that there are Perfect Round and Perfect Match medals for Gambit, but I am not sure if there are similar medals for the Crucible.

I have one Perfect Round medal under my belt for Gambit (Kill one HVT, Kill at least two players as an Invader, Kill an Invader, Summon a Large Blocker, Win the Round), but I've never had a Perfect Match because that would mean that I have been on a team with blueberries that never died or lost motes in a Gambit match.

Edited by J.T.

Ah, the Perfect Game! medal that is specific to Countdown where the other team never scores or sets a charge..

Yes, I got one of those last night during our Countdown stomp as well as four The Gang's All Here medals for killing the poor bastards with everyone on my team stills standing.

We started off on defense on the first round.  Two guys were running in formation and our tryhard smoked them both with one sniper bullet and then we just dogpiled the other two before they could set the charge. 

There was a huge pause in between the first and second round, so I knew at least one guy on the other team was rage quitting.  I didn't expect two guys to bail.  After that, it was academic.  We got a free pass to detonate our bombs when we were on offense and we team shot the poor bastards when we were on defense.

They didn't put up much of a struggle.  I think they just wanted it to be over and didn't want to earn a quit penalty..  In game modes like that where you can only die one or two times max, it best to just die and not take a huge hit to your ER.  You can always reset for the next match and pray for better blueberries.

Edited by J.T.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I got my reservation with Annual Pass on the way home from work yesterday!

I played almost no D2 yesterday.  Body clock is still quite fucked. 

I was on long enough to do the Flashpoint and knock out a Weapon Frame, then I watched The Cured again on Showtime and passed out around 8PM.

Hopefully I will have enough spunk tonight to get serious about Comp.  The post hard reset Glory bump put me over Brave II so now I am sitting at about 600 points.

I'll try to get at least three to five matches tonight and the first game I play HAS to be a win so that I can get that Max Win Streak triumph done without going through a lot of heartache.  I'll hit up LFG for sweats when I get home this afternoon if I am not on the verge of burnout again.

The weekend is supposed to be hot and hellishly humid, so I will get the yardwork done at my mom's between Thursday and Friday.  I should be off and on all day Saturday if you want to make comic attempts to beat Zero Hour.

Edited by J.T.

Well fuck.

• I hit up LFG to try to find a team that could secure my five game win streak and instead I got three dudes who were just okay.  I specifically put Mic Required in my post and of course two dudes joined with no mic.  I thought about booting them and waiting for two more, but decided to roll with what I had.  That was a huge mistake.
  • We go dropped in a Countdown match and got matched up with four rando sweats who pub stomped us.  I did my best, but there is only so much you can do when your fucking team does not cover you when you are trying to set the goddamned bomb.  These assholes had obviously never played Countdown before in their lives.  I guess each of them hope the other guys would be gravy enough to carry them or something.
  • Naturally, my team of rubes disbanded as soon as the game was over.  I guess I should be thankful none of them bailed during the match, but I think I'd have rather played shorthanded with two super sweats rather than the three grogdnards on my squad.

Because I am stubborn and dumb, I decided pin my ears back and solo queue the remaining TWENTY Comp matches I needed to close out that part of my Redrix bounty just to see what would happen.  Results were mixed:

• When I did well, I did REALLY well.  I got two Gold Medals (Undefeated & Ghost In The Night) in one Clash match that unlocked my Made Shaxx Proud emblem (finally...), and I got an Annihilation medal two matches later.  We won the match where I got the two Golds and lost the one where I got the single Gold.  I got a GG PM from the top killer on the other side giving me respect knuckles for doing my best to get a win in spite of my shitty team.  I put up nearly thirty murders and finished with a 4.56 ER.  Now I know how LeBron felt during those games where he'd get a Triple Double and the Cavs would still fucking lose by like twenty points.
  • When I did poorly, I really sucked.  I finished even or barely negative enough times for my overall ER to drop from 1.63 to 1.62.  There were some matches where I would barely take three step before getting two tapped, but I can never tell if dudes are legit cheating or if I am just being careless and shitty.  I tend to blame myself in times like those unless it's obvious that I have horrible blueberries in my unit.
  • I seemed to play my best when my team was complete dog dirt and I played horribly when I was on a sweatier team.  Go figure.
  • I learned to never underestimate lowbies on the other side.  I was in a Survival match where one guy on the other team was a Titan who was about 380, but the fucker was wrecking us with a masterworked Sweet Business.  Eventually my team made adjustments and we won the match, but it was closer than it should've been.  I guess I should've paid better attention to his emblem which proudly displayed his nine Flawless tickets in Trials.  Those were not carries.  No, they were not.  Dude put in the work.
  • I also learned that any lowbie that is matchmade with me will blow goats.   I had a fucking One-Eye Mask 600 Titan named Revan6803 would couldn't win his 1v1's to save his life there was another lowbie on my team who was equally horrible.  We somehow managed to get knotted up with the other team in a Countdown match where I fucking clutched two rounds as the Last Guardian Standing to get us to a Sudden Death round, but naturally we lost the match because my team was total fucking stank booty.  I was flattered that the other team came for me first because they knew that with me out of the way, the rest would fall in no time flat.  They were right.
  • I eventually got back up to another four match win streak, but I invariably got stuck with a team of potatos in a Survival match where one dude would literally eat up three of our lives pushing solo and would somehow end up being the Last Man Standing.  Of course he would die and cost us the round because he had zero clutch.  I finished that match with 18 kills and a 2.25 ER.  I was close to throwing my controller at the wall, but thought better of it.

I stayed up until 11:30 PM getting all of that shit done, so it looks like my body clock is back to normal!  Silver linings!

So I'm up to the point in Redrix where I just have to clear Crucible bounties so I am just going to run QP from here on out.  Technically, I don't really have to play Comp anymore for the rest of the week, but I do have to play at least three matches after the Tuesday hard reset in order to preserve my progress.... unless I lose and take another tumble in the standings.

I've got about 1300 or so points in the Revoker bounty so that means that I earned over 1K Glory over the course of my entire gameplay time. 

Normally 1300 points would put you in solidly in Heroic II or III, but thanks to losses and other bullshit, I am just a little bit ahead of the place where I started from (I was Brave II with 638 points when I started and now I am halfway through Brave III with about 964 points IIRC) and my last match of the night was a loss that erased a three game win streak and pushed me out of Heroic I.

And it should be obvious, but I got my fifth Valor rollover last night so as long as I knock out the 20 PvP bounties before the end of the season, the Broadsword will eventually be a part of my arsenal.

I still plan on eventually making a Recluse run, but I will have to really try hard to get the best sweats I can manage.  Getting to Fabled Glory is no joke.  I can understand why so many idiots pay for account recoveries, but I don't trust anyone enough to give them access to my account AND give them money in return for an in-game accomplishment.  Besides, you appreciate those things more when you somehow manage to do them yourself.

The weather forecast has shifted so I will be doing yardwork on Saturday when it is cool since it is supposed to be hot as blazes today and tomorrow.  Give me a shout if you see me online on Saturday and want to throw yourself into the vortex of frustration that is Zero Hour.  I imagine that I can get at least three LFG's to rage quit on us over my shitty platforming skills.

Lighting Lace, the clan leader of The Bunny Brigade, sent me a Clan Invite yesterday.  She and her crew are good peeps and they know what they're doing, but I am staying with DVDVR so that we can get your Warlock squared away. 

Besides, there is no way I am joining a clan called the Bunny Brigade.  Hopefully they will not get offended if I don't join and will remain cool enough with me to drag me through the remaining raids before the end of the season.

Yes, I still have the foolish hope that I can get the MMXIX triumph seal before the end of the season.

Edited by J.T.

This fucking game, I swear.  

I am like one PvP bounty completion away from getting my Redrix.  Naturally one of yesterday's bounties was to get three PvP melee kills; a task at which Hunters exceptionally suck.  I got one melee kill in the first match I was in and then went cold for like three matches so I said Fuck This and went back to watching giallo movies on Tubi.

I'll complete the last PvP bounty I need for this quest this afternoon and have my 750 MW PvP pulse rifle just in time for the Banner and I'll also be one more triumph closer to that MMXIX seal!

....rolls eyes....

I am also two GP invader kills away from getting the Mark of the Devourer triumph.  I went nuts and got three in one match on Friday (NOT ON MY WATCH, MOTHER FUCKER~!) so I hope that when I play this afternoon, I get the heavy drops and shitty invader combination I need to get this thing done so that Thorn can go back into the Vault for a bit.

I got a kickass roll on a CALUS Mini-Tool (Dynamic Sway Reduction / High Impact Reserves / Masterwork Reload Speed / Backup Mag mod) in one of my Menagerie runs on Saturday so I have crafted a MIDA Multi-Tool and returned it to my arsenal.  Hopefully the MIDA catalyst will drop for me sometime this decade while I am chasing the Recluse.  

I am about halfway done with the Glory points part of the Revoker bounty (1534 points acquired!), but I have to get eighty more Sniper Rifle kills.  Slow And Steady Wins The Race or so I keep telling myself, but getting shoehorned into matches that are already in progress and being fought on short fucking maps is not helping.

I need four more PvP grenade launcher kills for the Grenade Launcher Mastery triumph, but I think the Play Of The Game I've been using will go into the Vault rather than get sharded since it has Spike Grenades.....

.....unless I get a Swarm of the Raven with Spike Grenades and a good set of perks.....

At any rate, I can't wait until I get that GLK shit done so I can start chipping away at LFR kills for the Fusion Rifle Mastery triumph.  I have a Crooked Fang with Moving Target / Rangefinder ready for that task.

Bunny Brigade farmed Scourge all weekend and I think they were Clan Only events.  I can dig them looking out for their own peeps first, but it does not get me a raid clear.  They were probably working on triumph challenges as well, so I am glad they didn't drag me through that shit. I'd have probably just ended up infuriating everyone with my lack of KWTD.

Edited by J.T.

Talking about the Glory points I've earned towards the Revoker just reminded me that I need to compete in at least 3 Comp matches after reset to make sure I get a points bump after the following reset. 

Hopefully I will finish slightly ahead of where I am right now after it's all said and done.

If I find a good group, I might play more Comp than IB this week and make a strong run for the Recluse especially since I'll have a PvP Pinnacle Weapon in my hands for once instead of being the target of everyone else's Crucible uber gun.

Any Glory points I earn will go towards my Revoker bounty so it won't be a complete waste of time if I just spin my wheels again as long as I manage to win a few matches.

The only thing I really need to do in the IB is generate enough tokens for at least two more reward packages (triumph!) and pray that I get a Swarm of the Raven with a decent roll.

Edited by J.T.

Next week (meaning the week starting 9/3) will be Mars week with the entire community working towards goals

There were be emblems (but you have to do at least one Nightfall) but also has things are completed - you will earn more stuff from Menagerie completions

This also serves as an opportunity for you to further impress Emperor Calus. If the community reaches all the above goals, Calus will unlock additional rewards for successful Menagerie completions. Starting when goals are met, players will be guaranteed two rewards when slotting their runes and opening the chest, and an additional reward will be added each Friday for the remainder of the Season.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Next week (meaning the week starting 9/3) will be Mars week with the entire community working towards goals

There were be emblems (but you have to do at least one Nightfall) but also has things are completed - you will earn more stuff from Menagerie completions.

Maybe I will finally get into a Heroic Menagerie group!  YAY~!

All I really want to have is the opportunity to grind for the sword. Don't really care about Flawless completions.

Well It only took five minutes and an Avenger medal to complete one of my PvP bounties and finally get my hands on the Broadsword.  One more triumph for MMXIX and another completed Collections badge.

I decided to play one more match to properly christen my new weapon (RIP Bygones) and even though I got dropped in mid-match (we lost....) I still managed to reel off 14 murders and earn a 1.67 ER.  I hate perks like Kill Clip that have an active proc so I am not very fond of how Desperado works,  but I will get used to it. 

The only thing you need to do when you have a weapon perk with a passive proc like Headseeker or Ranpage is to merely keep firing.  That works to the benefit of lazy gamers like myself.

I've also been using guns in PvP that have perks that benefit from emptying the full mag, so I haven't been rack reloading as much as I normally do.

The only thing that bums me about the weapon is that I will probably never get the ornament until something dramatic happens.   The Broadsword shares an ornament with the Claymore and it was only available in S3 for those hardcores that endured Wormhusk Helmet Hell and grinded Glory up to Legendary.

That was like four seasons ago.  Would it kill them to make an ornament available for Silver at least?

I took a look at the Mars stuff at TWAB.  What a load of horseshit.  I hate just about all of the activities they want the community to grind for just to have a crack at extra Menagerie loot.  I'm good for the Flashpoint and a few waves of EP while grinding a Hammerhead weapon frame, but that's about it. 

If the devs had said they were going to bump up the percentage of getting a sword in Heroic, then I'd be more inclined to grind Mars bullshit.

Resonance Frequency collection and SIVA Core loot can eat a sack of shit.

This week will be kinda weird.   I have to work a ten hour shift tomorrow (1400-2300) so I'll be grinding IB in the morning and bailing for work around lunchtime.  On Saturday, my daughter and I are re-bonding through the riding of roller coasters and that will be an all day thing.

If you want to chase the Outbreak this weekend, I probably won't be able to do it with you until sometime Sunday afternoon after 6PM.  I'm not sure if Labor Day will work for you if you have to work, but give me a shout if it does.

Edited by J.T.

After playing this morning  (I have to pull 1400 - 2300 today) and suffering through five or six IB matches this morning where guys completely ignored objectives, a Gambit match where half the team quit before sudden death, and one horrible Comp match where one French guy kept up the proud national tradition of bailing after dying only once, I am convinced that European blueberries are worse than American ones. 

Never have I seen such bitchtits quitting and fuckwittery in all my life.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I might finally get to play again today

We shall see - the last few days have been me passing out insanely early

Light at the end of the tunnel....

Yeah, last week when I was in Night Duty recovery, I was going to bed as early as seven and sleeping all the way through the night.  My old man's bladder would make sure that I was up promptly at six in the morning, though.

Even though I have swing duty today, I still have to report in tomorrow @ 0730, so I won't be on tomorrow until the usual time when I get home from work.

The only upsides from this morning are:

• I'm very happy with the lethality of the Redrixs Broadsword in PvP.
  • I'm slowly chipping away at the 300 sniper kills thing for the Revoker.

And yeah, my daughter and I have settled on Busch Gardens for our weekend re-bonding trip, so I am definitely not going to be online on Saturday. 

Technically I am supposed to keep her until Labor Day but the following Tuesday is the first day of school and I don't think we've got much going on, so I will probably take my daughter back on Sunday like normal so that she can spend Labor Day with my ex's family since they've got a big cookout planned for their side of the family and my kid can rest up and get her mind prepped for the first day of her Sophomore year of High School..

I can't even type that without feeling a billion years old.

Edited by J.T.

Hey!  My boss is going to turn my OT from last night and tonight into straight time so that I can have off on Friday!  I may spend that morning / afternoon trying to grind for the Recluse and finish smashing peeps in the IB on Sunday and Monday.

I need to do my best to remember NOT to spend any IB Tokens on packages until after I buy the IB sparrow and finally clean out Saladin's vendor inventory for this season.

Edited by J.T.