DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

Well of course in the mean time - a story just came out that supposedly the Austrian company that was working on the the post-release stuff and DLC posted on Facebook that they were told that the story DLC was cancelled.

The post has since been deleted

Sinclair.jpg

God, I'll bet the Bioware boards exploded after that bit of news.

I don't think they realize that Anthem's success will somewhat hinge on how they handle the issues with Andromeda.

They're definitely perpetuating the sins of SWTOR.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I don't think they realize that Anthem's success will somewhat hinge on how they handle the issues with Andromeda.

Will it really? The sales for MEA weren't terrible, but they weren't amazing either. Many might have given up on the franchise as it is after ME3, and those people probably aren't paying much attention to Bioware sacrificing Andromeda for Anthem. Even many of those who did play choose to put most, if not all, the blame on Montreal while still praising Edmonton who worked on Anthem and the previous ME games. It feels like Anthem's success will likely depend more on quality and how many Destiny players they can lure in. If EA & Bioware thought otherwise I don't think they would have half-assed their efforts with Andromeda so much

They've re-re-specced Soldiers. Human, Turian and Havoc. And the Expert Package is on sale now. I'm proud to say, I have an Expert Package.

16 hours ago, AxB said:

They've re-re-specced Soldiers. Human, Turian and Havoc. And the Expert Package is on sale now. I'm proud to say, I have an Expert Package.

Yep. gave me the opportunity to re-tweak my folks and I like the Havoc much better now that she can stay in the air for hours and rain down Krogan death bombs on people. 

I put the Expert Package on my Female Human Engineer (no pun intended) and armed her with the Hornet and Talon.   She's now a bullet shooting engine of Tech Damage death.  Cryo Combos for days thanks to the Cooldown Rate buff..

19 hours ago, Eivion said:

Will it really?

The way that Bioware handles Andromeda speaks to how it will administrate Anthem.

We've already seen the effect of poor administration of lackluster product on The Division's consumer base and Bungie managed to avoid cutting its own throat with Destiny by being smart enough to offer fairly regular content.

If I can't count on Bioware to stand behind one of the franchises that put it on the map, why am I giving a fuck about a new IP? 

A lot of "loyal" Bioware customers are going to ask that question to themselves as will casual gamers looking for something new and maybe choosing to invest their time in something other than Anthem.

To be fair - I think you could (and should) swap "EA" with "Bioware" in those statements.

But the point of the statement remains true

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

The way that Bioware handles Andromeda speaks to how it will administrate Anthem.

We've already seen the effect of poor administration of lackluster product on The Division's consumer base and Bungie managed to avoid cutting its own throat with Destiny by being smart enough to offer fairly regular content.

If I can't count on Bioware to stand behind one of the franchises that put it on the map, why am I giving a fuck about a new IP? 

A lot of "loyal" Bioware customers are going to ask that question to themselves as will casual gamers looking for something new and maybe choosing to invest their time in something other than Anthem.

That is how it should be, but I've seen plenty who just are not interested in putting the blame on Bioware as a whole or EA and raising such questions. The people who do speak out against Anthem do it more because it just doesn't interest them at the moment.

My only multiplayer strike team right now is Gold, against the Kett, One Life to Live (no revives). I really don't think I have it in me. I think I'll try it to see how comical it is.

Me and Melraz and Robert did a Gold last night that featured me getting perma-deathed about 15 seconds into waves 5, 6 and 7. Thankfully, our teammate managed to carry us to victory ... no, wait, I'm totally lying, he got killed more than all of us combined. That was a rough one. It seems like some regular Golds are a bit worse than a Silver and some of them are completely psychotic. There's no way of really knowing until you're neck deep in it.

• Like 1

Phil and I did the required stuff yesterday, for about 4 or 5 missions.

Nothing too dreadful/comical, although I was going for a superman punch on a guy and overshot him and went off the map. 

We only had one match where the two guys with us refused to do any objective type stuff

And of course one of them failed to extract because apparently they thought they could cover the entire map in under 4 seconds.

Dumb ass

I really wish I remembered their names to avoid them

That "no revives" was a shitshow. Made it to Wave 6. I died reviving a guy, who didn't revive me despite being literally a step away from me. That was fun.

I think I wanna try to work on some new characters and guns and get away from the points rat race. Wanna try out the Angara Avenger some more. 

Update: The Angara Avenger is a beast, so far. I wanted to get away from using the Ruzad, but it's the no-brainer weapon for this character, really.

On 6/30/2017 at 2:39 PM, RIPPA said:

Mother fuckers.

How can you take one of the greatest video game series of all time and just completely flush it like this?

I mean, they can't really go back to the Milky Way or anything like that, so it would appear that the entire series is basically dead at this point. Or am I looking at it incorrectly?

4 hours ago, jstout said:

My only multiplayer strike team right now is Gold, against the Kett, One Life to Live (no revives). I really don't think I have it in me. I think I'll try it to see how comical it is.

Me and Melraz and Robert did a Gold last night that featured me getting perma-deathed about 15 seconds into waves 5, 6 and 7. Thankfully, our teammate managed to carry us to victory ... no, wait, I'm totally lying, he got killed more than all of us combined. That was a rough one. It seems like some regular Golds are a bit worse than a Silver and some of them are completely psychotic. There's no way of really knowing until you're neck deep in it.

That guy was awful.  I think his Apex rating was over 16000, but he played like it was 16.  The only reason I was reviving his sorry ass was to give the enemies something that wasn't us to shoot at.  

4 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Mother fuckers.

How can you take one of the greatest video game series of all time and just completely flush it like this?

I mean, they can't really go back to the Milky Way or anything like that, so it would appear that the entire series is basically dead at this point. Or am I looking at it incorrectly?

Probably less dead and more resting. I would guess they make another attempt in 5-8 years.

Whelp - its on sale for $20 on Amazon and Gamestop (and probably other places)

Might as well buy it now

Fucking Bioware

Fucking EA

• Like 1

It's hard to think of this major of a release that got fucked up as badly as this one did.  There are major games that I've looked forward to and been more disappointed in (I actively hate GTA 4, for example), but that was just personal preference.  This one really couldn't have gone much worse without the game actually being shit.

I really think that EA/Bioware overreacted to the douche nerds who were all OH! THINGS ARE UGLY!!! (especially since I think a lot of them never planned on buying the game anyway. They just decided to jump on the pile like the internet is want to do).

So they went scorched Earth and now are seeing that the majority of folks are now pissed they are abandoning the game/series (and don't give me the whole IT WILL BE BACK MAYBE IN A DECADE! shit - I am not seeing another game until after I am 50 so I am legit in the "I might never see another game in my lifetime" territory) yet they don't want to admit they are wrong

So now the tactic is don't say anything. LALALALALALA! EVERYONE WILL GO AWAY IF WE DON'T LOOK AT THEM!!!

God I am so angry