DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

12 hours ago, Robert C said:

Looks like they actually managed to fix the power challenges.  I completed the combat power mastery one running bronzes solo.  Extraction on bronze solo is definitely doable with XX characters, at least with the scenario I had (outlaws, firebase zero, and recovery/devices for waves 3/6).

I tried to do bronzes solo with my IV Angara and failed on wave 1 both times. It, of course, didn't help that I had a "no first aid, no revives" rule. I was trying to finish that challenge and couldn't find anyone to play a Bronze with. 

I know it's been the case since this new patch, but it didn't really hit me how mammoth of a task all of these new cards are until last night. You have all these guns you don't use, which you have to get up to X, then they introduce three variants of every uncommon, rare and ultra-rare gun, all that go up to 10. It's ridiculous. 

The only thing I want to do is improve my ultra-rare Angara Avenger up to X from IV, and it seems like the chances of doing that with all the new shit in the card pool is hilariously low. 

Everyone's saying they're trying to sell Andromeda Points, and they're right, but it would still cost a fortune in Andromeda Points to get anything, and imagine the frustration in having to spend real money to get a variant of a gun you've never used and have no plans to use.

Dunno how Bioware gets out of this one. The best solution would've been to make the gun variants mods instead of individual guns, but since that ship may have sailed, the best thing to do might be to really up the credits for completing all levels to make the packs easier to buy. It'll be interesting to see how Bioware's bragging that it listens to its community will hold up under this one, because everyone seems pissed and wants adjustments. 

EDIT: And it seems harder to find a game lately. Wonder if these changes have ran folks off?

I feel like that the people that have a Batarian already must have had everything already and then got really really lucky with early packs

I got the Batarian ridiculously early, very soon after it came out. I don't have everything (missing a lot of guns), but was doing pretty well on characters. I think Melraz has a Batarian also. Fun melee. 

The world's slowest ME:A playthrough rages on, as I fired up the PS4 this weekend for the first time in about a month.

Did the Asari ark and Vetra's loyalty mission. Will probably make my way back to Elaaden here to continue taking care of business there. For some reason, taking out the Destroyer in the H-047c cavern took me way more tries to do than it probably should have.

I will get through this fucking game eventually.

I've been hosed by wall breaches twice over the last few days.  

First one was on magma, right at the start of wave 1.  Was running up the stairs right after spawning, and got stuck under there.  Didn't make it out till midway through wave 5.  I couldn't shoot anything, and nothing could shoot me, but I was able to melee a few things that were on the stairs.

Other one was on zero, with 30 seconds left before a gold extraction.  Damn dog pulled me into a wall, and I got stuck there till the game ended.

Interesting to see someone else got stuck under those stairs. I gave up long before wave 5, figured my teammates would rather play with someone who wasn't stuck in Magma Prison.

I'd never tinkered around with him before for some stupid reason, but the Krogan Vanguard is fun and effective. He's breezing his way through Bronze, and I'm ready to take him up a notch to see how he fares in Silver. He's a ton like my Angara, except the controls are flipped, which causes problems.

Just played a Bronze with randoms where apparently, I was designated Devices guy, except nobody told me. People closer than me moved away from it while I struggled to get there with lots of enemies in the way. Thing you may not know: Even if you're in the middle of messing with the device (pressing the Y button), if the timer expires, you're done.

Funnily I got stuck on Magma today too but it was only for about 5 seconds. I think I got lucky and got stuck as I started to fall into the gap and not all the way inside.

People who don't move to do anything amaze me.

One guy on Magma hopped up into that sniper spot above the door and didn't move till extraction. Another guy died in front of dude and the dude didn't even fake like he was going to do a revive. I had to come from across the map to do it. Those are the people who end up on my list.

here is an unpleasant scenario:

dropped into a mission on wave 6. 2 of the team are dead. You look up and see an Ascendant right in front of the LZ (on Paradox).

we squeaked by and then I was only one left alive in level 7 to be extracted. 

Again, I have to do 3 missions to get 14 waves since I was dropped into one already going first time around. :(

I swear, every time I think "this random's got a pretty good APEX rating and a decent character, he'll be fine," I get "rewarded" by that person dying 400 times.

If you're going to die 500 times in a match, that's fine, but you better be walking out of there with no first aids or any revives or you're cheating everyone around you because you're being a stingy-ass.

5 minutes ago, jstout said:

Yep, skin tones were added last update. Don't know where to even find the adjustments, don't care.

I didnt check everyone, but i saw it for an asari and krogan. But not humans. 

19 hours ago, Robert C said:

I wonder if it's possible to nerf a map.  If so, I figure they'll do something about firebase zero.  The survival waves on that thing are downright easy on gold if you have a halfway competent team

Gold matches on Zero are dirt simple if you've got a really good Angaran Insurgent, any Engineer, or Salarian Architect.

If you can get enemies to agro on constructs and can coordinate your combos, Zero. Magma, and Sandstorm are the easier maps to survive Gold on.

Icebreaker isn't so bad if you can get dudes to stop dyiing when they camp the top of the habitat on the northeast side of the map.

Remember they nerfed maps in ME3 - so I am sure they will figure something out

Like the put a fucking wall up in White to prevent everyone from just camping the one room and making its door a killing floor

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Remember they nerfed maps in ME3 - so I am sure they will figure something out

Like the put a fucking wall up in White to prevent everyone from just camping the one room and making its door a killing floor

That was when you could eliminate nearly all incoming red bars and yellow bars simply by using Grabs and you barely fired a shot sometimes when you were camping.

There are no Grabs in this game, so IMO there's no reason to nerf the map itself in order to introduce difficulty.  The boss units in this game are damage spongey enough to overrun areas where players like to camp and cause serious problems if you're dealing with them on an APEX mission and the stip is a debuff.. 

The problem with Gold matches being easy on maps like Zero is that the AI for some red bars is not very aggressive and they will take cover rather than advance and that behavior allows players to lock down their respective camping area. 

You can fix that by adding more Wraiths and Adhi to Kett and Outlaw maps respectively since they tend to flank players that are dug in behind cover and give Assemblers and Breachers a modest kinetic barrier for players to deal with

After finishing Daily Firebase Zero missions, i was 618 XP short of leveling up. 

So, i started a Solo Bronze on Aqua, figuring i could get that before dying and not using any boosters.

i was about to die on level 2 when a person popped in the party. And we got to level 6 (upload) when we got two more people.

and we scraped thru to a full extraction.

and i got to level19 of my Salarian with pet VI. 

Just as I figured out that my Angaran Avenger was a Combat Power point producing machine, the Daily Challenge went pfffttt.  I completed the Firebase Paradox waves by completing the Bronze and Silver APEX missions in my queue that were both on that map...

When the new DCs populated, I knocked out the Gold Wave / Firebase Zero stuff by hosting a Firebase Zero match on Gold difficulty  If you build it, they will come.

The Kett Exaltation Facility is now rubble and the Cardinal has a bullet in his skull thanks to Jaal.  I was going to rescue the Angaran prisoners until the Moshae was like, "Blow this fucking place to bits," and I was like, "Hey, if the tribal elder advocates EMPing this tower, it must be the right way to go.." 

I kinda figured that this bit of the storyline was some sort of Ravager thrall dealie anyway knowing Bioware and the Angaran converts were probably beyond saving and better off being euthanized via electromagnetic explosion.. 

It is somewhat comforting that there might not be any DLC so that none of my well intentioned decisions will return to haunt me.  I can only imagine how DLC would fuck me over for drilling for natural gas instead of water.

I did not expect the Cardinal to be an Ascendant so I used the Multiplayer tactics on his ass to beat him.   I will admit to a minor moment of trepidation before drawing my gun and opening fire.

Cora and Jaal managed to avoid having their souls eaten during the fight, so that was a bonus.

I shot the Cardinal's Orb of Doom to pieces from long range with the BW and then closed in to bathe his ass in fire with my Flamethrower and signaled for Cora to Charge into him.  The Cardinal went down pretty quickly.  MP has trained me to evade Ascendant energy blasts like a pro.

The firefight on the roof with the Kett reinforcements was far worse than the showdown with the Cardinal.  Fucking Fiends.

Next on my agenda:  Movie Night, Part 2 and then side missions on Voeld....

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Boy you are going to regret that decision 

Why do you say such things knowing that I will probably dwell on that shit while eating lunch today?

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:25 PM, odessasteps said:

When did they add skin tones as an option in MP? This last update?

Yep, and my Angaran Insurgent looks tremendous with his gold / green flesh tone!

There is literally one person who thinks that facility needs to be destroyed that very second - the Moshae

Plus - since they game clearly isn't getting a sequel - worrying about long term ramifications is folly

Also if you choose to save you get ANOTHER choice you can make... though I think you will choose the same route as your first playthrough