DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I really think that EA/Bioware overreacted to the douche nerds who were all OH! THINGS ARE UGLY!!! (especially since I think a lot of them never planned on buying the game anyway. They just decided to jump on the pile like the internet is want to do).

So they went scorched Earth and now are seeing that the majority of folks are now pissed they are abandoning the game/series (and don't give me the whole IT WILL BE BACK MAYBE IN A DECADE! shit - I am not seeing another game until after I am 50 so I am legit in the "I might never see another game in my lifetime" territory) yet they don't want to admit they are wrong

So now the tactic is don't say anything. LALALALALALA! EVERYONE WILL GO AWAY IF WE DON'T LOOK AT THEM!!!

God I am so angry

Well supposedly its the reactions to go along with the development time and wasted money. If that Kotaku article is right they did wasted two years on pipe dream. On the other hand they were also sort of screwed with an engine that didn't have everything they needed and EA/Bioware taking resources and ideas away for Anthem. Generally speaking though EA/Bioware will never accept/admit faults on their part for it Andromeda's failings and likely will refuse to take anything away from Anthem to improve MEA.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Almost got stuck doing MP with random named JER Z KILLA. Apex rating of 123.

luckily, hetook so long, everyone booted him out. 

Apex missions draw those clowns in droves.  I've seen people with lower Apex ratings than that trying to run golds.  When that 11 wave gold came out, I ran into a group that had two level I-5's that thought they would have a go at it.

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Had a match yesterday where I joined in wave 3.  I spawned in dead.  Wasn't the best of starts, really.

I was doing the daily challenge and got put in on wave 3, which meant I had to do an extra match to get to 14 waves.

I don't even wanna know about Platinum. I hope they don't make APEX missions platinum, because I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do them and I'm not sure my NPC team is made of strong enough stuff to do them.

And, I mean, it looks like we're not getting any single-player DLC. That sucks, but whatever, moving on. It'd be nice of Bioware to fix the seemingly hundreds of problems in multiplayer. I'm playing the Angara Avenger (sounds like a good name for a wrestler) and one of his big three powers (stealth grid) doesn't work 90 percent of the time.

I just quit a match (I know it's a dick move, but screw it, I don't have to put up with this shit) when I got that bug where enemies' health bars are empty, yet they don't die. Now normally, I wouldn't mind because they generally stop shooting, but the Angaran's Avenger Strike still targets them after they're technically dead. So I waste a strike on a dead enemy and have to wait for it to recharge. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

I managed to die every wave in a Silver Apex yesterday. I was an Angaran Insurgent, and everyone else was some form of Infiltrator. So whenever it gets hairy, I find cover and try to to time my Shield Boosts to keep everyone in the area up and shooting... and they all turn invisible and run away. So I'm the only target on the map. Thanks, lads.

doing all the wrap-up party stuff before Meridian. Got to meet Jaal's family and then make out with him and look at the astronomy thing he made. And play futsol with Liam and plant trees with Cora.

The best thing was the email from Jaal's mother.

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Making Melraz do an assault rifle skirmish felt like cruel and unusual punishment

I figured you guys were doing Silver, so no need to join in. But who was "anonymous" in the chat? 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Making Melraz do an assault rifle skirmish felt like cruel and unusual punishment

Especially when it's two seconds into the battle and he's sworn off one of the guns forever.

Jump into the silver, Odessa - remember my little motto of multiplayer - "we've got this shit." Trust me, I damn well guarantee you I've played with worse in Silver.

And since I'm posting anyway, I gotta try to get this out of my system, dammit: "Dang you, Sea Rug, you get down off that roof right now before someone gets hurt."

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So umm.... the Platinum isn't the big reveal here AND I AM GOING TO FLIP A GOD DAMN TABLE!!!!

@J.T. is not gonna be pleased

Oh, you have got to be fucking kidding me.

I think you guys quit playing MP yesterday just as I signed on just as the fucking deluge hit my house in Severn.

I knocked out the Bronze and Silver APEX, but I didn't do the Gold mission and I didn't have enough time for the Daily since I promised my beloved some quality time and we chilled out and watched the Celtics vs. Lakers dealie on ESPN 30 For 30.

I should be online this afternoon.  If I don't see anybody online for MP, I am going to continue my misadventures on Voeld.

To be fair - there was another place (Polygon perhaps???) that said they checked with their Bioware sources after the Kotaku report and heard the same thing.

Now again - everything could be constantly changing

All I know is they better be prepared to answer questions about it at their Q&A. If they think they are getting nothing but Anthem questions - they are idiots.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:10 PM, Robert C said:

Apex missions draw those clowns in droves.  I've seen people with lower Apex ratings than that trying to run golds.  When that 11 wave gold came out, I ran into a group that had two level I-5's that thought they would have a go at it.

I was in a lobby yesterday where a guy with an APEX rating of zero was hosting a Gold APEX match with a Level 1 Adept.  

Everyone who got dropped into his squad left immediately.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

He'd probably smoke you all in an AR Skirmish if he used a Sandstorm with a Scope and AR barrel and equipped the AR Damage mod.

That's what I carry as my improv sniper rifle whenever the stip is AR skirmish.

• Like 1

HA!

Nate asked what ARs we used and my exact quote was "Well if JT was here - he would tell you to use the Sandstorm"

I don't remember what two he equipped but he hated both of them. (I am pretty sure one was the Soned. I don't remember what the other was)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

HA!

Nate asked what ARs we used and my exact quote was "Well if JT was here - he would tell you to use the Sandstorm"

I don't remember what two he equipped but he hated both of them. (I am pretty sure one was the Soned. I don't remember what the other was)

I am not fond of the Soned because of the spool up delay and depending on what your powers are, you'll get more mileage out of high ROF ARs than DMR style ARs. 

IMO, Anyone who has Turbocharge is probably going to gimp themselves by using a low ROF DMR style weapon like the Sandstorm.

Melraz is a really good sniper so any of the DMRs (Sandstorm, Mattock, Halberd) with a scope and another mod appropriate for the situation used in conjunction with the AR Damage equipment mod (or the Combatives Package) is arguably going to serve his play style better than a full auto bullet hose or a burst fire weapon in an Assault Rifle Skirmish..

• Like 1