DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

I've had a couple instances of broken quests.  There was one where I think I got screwed over and a mission failed when the next steps weren't operating right.  It was the one where I'm scanning equipment in the Eos deserts because I think some bandits or something stole it.  

Also, the Perisophona satellite mission on Voeld planet, but I was able to fix that and start over with a save re-load.

15 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I scan everything I can find.  I even try to scan enemies in fights, as hard as that is because you can scan enemy soldiers and alien creatures at various points when they come to attack you.

Looking at all the videos that Jien Garson left, she seemed equally inept.  I mean maybe you can't predict the Scourge, but they are traveling through deep uncharted space.  How could they be so sure there's not some hazardous comets or space phenomenon they could run into?  Murphy's Law and all that.

You aren't trying to buy everything under the sun are you? Sorry its just hard to believe you don't have much resources Heleus & Remnant wise. I have a ton and spend at decent enough intervals. I just make sure it stuff I'm pretty sure I will use.

There is nothing to say they didn't check for any of the stuff you mentioned didn't before they left.

45 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I'm just gonna assume from now on that every time I set up a new outpost somebody will want me to search for their missing miners.  Seriously assholes put a tracker on those guys or something 

Yeah it's only like the 28th century.  I mean, I guess it's technically 22nd century tech, but still.

Okay, so I got some time to put in some work today and I finally got my ship and am zooming the fuck out to Eos.

Spoiler
  • They could do a lot more to make waypoints a bit more obvious.  How was I supposed to know that I had to go back on the fucking tram to catch this saboteur suspect who turned out to be a red herring anyway?
  • I went though all that trouble to catch the real saboteur and he just walks away?  At least there could've been guards there to slap him in irons and haul him off to the brig.
  • Aw.  Dad knew Liara.  She'd be pushing the Matron stage by the time we got to Andromeda.
  • Obviously the folks at Bioware think that the Synthesis ending for ME3 is the best, otherwise I wouldn't be walking around sharing my life experiences with a sentient AI glued to my brain.  On the plus side, this Infiltrator profile has provided me with some kickass bonuses.
  • Vetra Nyx and I are going to get along just fine.  I'm seriously considering adhering with Citadel DLC tradition and speccing her Tech Armor for offensive capability.
  • Aw.  The Turian that runs security is kin to the badass female Turian that ran the Talons in Omega.  Now I have the feels... :(
  • So what do you do with Salvage? Is it just loot or do you use it in research?  Hopefully it is just loot because I sold a shit ton of it to upgrade my Omni-Blade and get the basic Katana shotty which I hope to equip on Cora and maybe Vetra..
  • Yep, I've run out of shit to do here in the Nexus.  I've now compiled two assignments in a row that require me to go to Eos.  Time to check out the Tempest.
  • Okay, so now I understand why I don't have a Power Wheel anymore.  Cora is a lot more effective in combat if you just sic her on an enemy and let her do her Vanguard thing.
  • Sooner or later I will figure out how to effectively use the fucking tram.
  • Outcasts, my ass.  If it weren't for Tiran and Kesh, I'm fairly certain that I'm currently working for the wrong side.  Addison is a bit of a bitch and Tann is slimier than Administrator Anoleis.
  • Redeemed my pre-order shit on the Tempest.  Fuck. My armor and weapons are on board, but it looks like I have to go back to the Nexus to get my fucking pet pyjack.  Oh, well. I'll do it after I get back from Eos.
  • Stepped on the bridge too fast.  Gonna take a sec to walk around to meet the crew and get my bearings on the ship before we just go wading into danger.  Here Be Dragons, indeed.
  • Dad was into some crooked shit.  I'm pretty sure I am eventually going to hate the contents of these encrypted files in his quarters.
  • I finally figured out how to take screenshots, so I shared a pic of Wolverine Ryder the Tongan Infiltrator.  Not a bad looking guy all things considered.
  • SAM has updated my Codex.  The Kett are officially the Kett.
  • Checking out the security situation, my ass.  Liam is talking shop with some blonde in the APEX HQ. WHERE ARE THE WHITE WOMEN AT~??  Like I'm not scoping Cora right now.
  • Dr. Carlyle was a bit of an asshole when I first met him, but dad's death has softened him up.  My catatonic sister will be in good hands while I go and see what's what on Eos.
  • I'm pretty bummed that Jien Garson is dead.  Why couldn't one of my love interests be the hottie billionaire running the show?
  • Mark was right.  I love the Nexus DARPA crew.
  • Nice of the devs to provide an in-game workaround to the Genophage.  Too bad we've brought Milky Way political bullshit to the new frontier.
  • Also nice of the devs to give me an in game explanation why they decided not to put other Citadel races in the game.  Their ark had issues.  Riiiighttt...

More to follow after I get to the house from overnight shift and get a little sleep.

Had my first real mark out moment finishing up Eos, when I ran into 

Spoiler

Zaeed's son.

Also, unlocked memory #3.  Definitely some spidey sense tingling now.

Spoiler

I mean, if I think of folks that A: knew what was about to go down back home and B: had virtually unlimited resources, it ain't really a long list.

Yeah, memory #3 was a nice touch. I'm curious to see how far they take that story.

34 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Okay, so I got some time to put in some work today and I finally got my ship and am zooming the fuck out to Eos.

Hide contents
  • So what do you do with Salvage? Is it just loot or do you use it in research?  Hopefully it is just loot because I sold a shit ton of it to upgrade my Omni-Blade and get a new shotty.

More to follow after I get to the house from overnight shift and get a little sleep.

Salvage is just loot.

• Like 1

Really not happy with the either or choice they pull with two of the crew members' arguing seeing as how both were technically right and acting like asses. The inability to call both out is sort of ridiculous.

Sometimes you want to shoot people in the face, and sometimes you just want to scan fruits in the market. It's like when Shenmue came out, and everyone was "Finally! A game where you can walk up to people and ask them where Sailors hang out!".

28 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Really not happy with the either or choice they pull with two of the crew members' arguing seeing as how both were technically right and acting like asses. The inability to call both out is sort of ridiculous.

Spoiler

The Gil vs Kallo debate

• Like 1

You guessed it. Just really dumb decision on that one.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:
Spoiler

Outcasts, my ass.  If it weren't for Tiran and Kesh, I'm fairly certain that I'm currently working for the wrong side.  Addison is a bit of a bitch and Tann is slimier than Administrator Anoleis.

Spoiler

After reading the cliff notes to Nexus Uprising its becomes all the more clear Tann & Addison are both inept morons who would have gotten everyone killed had the Pathfinder not arrived. Kesh and Kandros were just band aids to the stupidity that is those two. The situation was bad, but those two made extraordinarily worse than it had to be.

Anyone read much of the Codex? I looked at a bit while eating dinner the other night, rather than go to the trouble of switching off and on again. Allegedly Pelessaria B'Sayle is still registered as frozen. So Peebee might not be who she says she is.

I dunno, just a lot about the whole Initiative Program makes me uneasy.  It's not like they are Starfleet or some such.  The Initiative was a bunch of wealthy elite rich people who decided to make a claim into uncharted space which is already occupied by some civilized alien races.

I think Jien Garson is the main reason.  She just comes off like a shady scam artist in all of the videos she recorded before the trip.

I'll be back in space here in a little bit. Gonna start out playin campaign but if anybody wants to do multiplayer shoot me an invite. Would rather kick alien ass with yall than solo style. 

• Like 1

As much as it pains me to say this, Dan is right.  Since SAM can give me a Biotic profile on the fly, it does pay to put a point or two into your stunted Biotic skills.

5 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I dunno, just a lot about the whole Initiative Program makes me uneasy.  It's not like they are Starfleet or some such.  The Initiative was a bunch of wealthy elite rich people who decided to make a claim into uncharted space which is already occupied by some civilized alien races.

I think Jien Garson is the main reason.  She just comes off like a shady scam artist in all of the videos she recorded before the trip.

There is more to it, but Garson's drive to go to uncharted waters was seemingly legit. She is less a scam artist and more an eccentric rich person looking for adventure and glory. Not sure where you got the idea that the Initiative is just the wealthy and elite. There are plenty of normal people just wanting something new who made the trip. Whats more they didn't know if any of those planets were occupied but considered the possibilities, hence the first contact protocols. They don't intend to steal them. This type of expansion was still going on in the Milky Way with the Council races looking for new worlds to populate. Andromeda just took it to the next level.

• Like 1

Finally hit Kadaara. Did not realize just how much just going there was going to open things up. I've got a ton of side quests now including stuff with arks and two new worlds.. Only done the initial talks with Kelly, but I already kind of dislike her and the Outcasts. Still, its amazing that she somehow annoys me less than Addison despite being a even bigger bitch to me on the average.

EDIT: I just started the bigger part of Cora's loyalty mission. I already have mixed feelings now on Cora's hero. I can sort of respect her ability to piss off the kett, yet what she did was completely moronic considering her duties.