DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA (Here be Spoilers)

RIPPA

As per usual my squad selection is always based around who will give me extra dialogue

Another reason will play through will be over a 1000 hours. Lots of extra trips to forward stations to swap out squadmates

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Okay, so it is possible to make a fairly hot version of Sarah Ryder with this shit Character Creator.

Most of the better Sarah's I've seen online are constructed using Preset 5.

Since the Preset 5 base model appears to be an African American female, does that also make your dad look like a black person or does the game tweak his features to make you both look as genetically similar as possible even if you build a caucasian Sarah out of that starter head?

I dont think my Veronika Lake Ryder is all that bad. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh - and I totally was not ready for my first Architect fight

I had this experience yesterday. After wiping twice, I found out it was actually pretty manageable if you come at it purely as a hit-and-run/war of attrition type affair.

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I always chose Jaal for Voeld, so dont know if he is mandatory. I did run into a scene invilving the asari ark where i needed Cora on the team. And of course crewmembers are mandatory on their loyalty missions. Not sure if i have seeb anything else. 

Also, is there anyone else on the tempest crew but your squad mates? Is there a beta or gamma shift? When do Suvi and Katto sleep otherwise? 

OK, last night I noticed that some of the squadmates are mandatory for certain missions.  One thing I thought was amusing is I took a stroll on Havaarl and had Liam and Drack.  I went into the nice Angaran base, and there Jaal was there, and he's like, "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?"  Then I just said, "Sorry, I'll think about it." 

I've jacked up my Nomad with a bunch of the extra dev upgrades, so I'm looking forward to seeing what 4WD/6WD are like plus all the extra shielding, top speeds and shockwave defenses.  

IMHO, the nomad reminds me a lot of the Batmobile from Arkham Knight, except with less weapons and no battle mode.

OK, the explanation I read for the Initiative totally justified it now:

Initiative was a last-ditch desperation effort to get out of dodge before the Reapers showed up and wrecked shop.  A group of people actually believed Shepard's warnings and got out of town early in an effort to find a new home and preserve what parts of civilization they could.  It was literally a futuristic Noah's Ark for the Milky Way galaxy. Daddy Ryder was corresponding with Garrus father and they knew they were well and properly fucked.

The Nexus and Initiative weren't arrogant.  They were DESPERATE.  Now it's suddenly more human and sympathetic.

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Eos or Voeld?

Eos

Mostly because of my squad selection - I should be fine when I go back to it.

I also spent FAR too long deciding between water or natural gas when I know I might not even get an answer for my choice

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - I did mark for running into

Reveal hidden contents

Zaeed's kid

on Eos (even though a fucker on Youtube spoiled it)

Was he invisible when you ran into him?  All I got was an empty room talking to me.

18 minutes ago, AxB said:

He was in the room when I met him. But way in the back of it. Not at normal conversational range.

Yeah - that's what happened to me. I opened the door and the conversation started.

It was like I was talking to Deep Throat

One thing I do like about the planet environments is how they change over time as they become more viable.  It reminds me of how the GCPD building will gradually change over the course of playing Arkham Knight.  

I had to pull a 12 yesterday (11PM Saturday night to 11AM Sunday morning, urgh..) because of a sick co-worker, so I only had enough energy to experiment with the Character Creator and then go to bed.

I made a perfectly decent white guy out of Preset 7 (a Caucasian male starter head) and then did the YouTube video thing and made a white girl out of Preset 5 (what appears to be a black woman), and your dad's genetics are definitely driven by your active player character.

Preset 7's father resembled an older, stockier, and silver haired Christopher Lambert so it was pretty awesome.

My daughter was at the house visiting my folks while her mom was in chemo and once she figured out what I was doing, she plopped down on the couch helped me with the Preset 5 female character.

I got a lot of very helpful make-up tips from my kid (especially with eye shadow) and my first serious attempt at a customized Sarah Ryder turned out rather well.. 

Now I see why people use the slightly mussed mop do and bangs when they tinker with Preset 5.  That hair style frames her face nicely while the others make the model look like she has a gigantic forehead and not the flattering Sade / Is It A Crime? kind of gigantic forehead.

My bonding experience with my kid has made me come to the conclusion that Foster Addison was definitely not designed by anyone with anything resembling adequate MUA skills; male or otherwise.

I am no Sir John B but thanks to my daughter, I now believe that even I could do a better job with Addison's face than the dev that turned her into a complete rodeo clown..

I will unashamedly admit to feeling a slight surge of pride when the finished product got my daughter's emphatic seal of approval.  ("She's pretty, Dad!  Good job!!")

Hopefully I will finally move on Eos tomorrow after I get to the 'rents place from work and make myself a proper bowl of oatmeal, provided that my pop doesn't bend my ear while Morning Joe is on.

If i care enough, I'll try the reverse later on and build another Preset 5 Female Ryder to see what Alec will look like.  If I do, I'll have to remember to make her a pure Biotic so I can work on that 'splosion achievement..

This is gonna sound a little weird - especially since I haven't gotten there yet (or maybe because I haven't gotten there yet)

I am surprised at what they chose to show pre-release now as all the hands on footage was of the world with the Krogans and that is at least halfway through the game.

You figured they would have just picked Eos

I think they wanted to keep the trailers full of stuff that was familiar from the original trilogy, focusing on the Milky Way faces. And everyone loves Krogans.

No strings lesbian sex with Peebee consists of staring at a door while hearing them giggle a bit. Disappointing. Although I went back a save to check that. In the main campaign, Star said she wanted strings, and they didn't do anything. Like what happens when you ask a commitment-phobe for commitment, really.