DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

11 hours ago, Eivion said:

The only other person I can recall using it is Bull Nakano who did do it better. Does anyone else use it?

I don't remember Bull somersaulting when she hit her top rope legdrop.

Delta Lotta Pain (Jwaundace Candece) one half of the WOW tag-team, Caged Heat, used it as a finisher and that's the one I was referring to,

She used a version where her somersault wasn't split legged and the victim took more of a bump to the mid-section. 

Far less impact since Delta is taking most of the shock out of the move because she's taking a butt bump before her legdrop connects, so it is a ;ittle safer to take than Booker's move where you are either getting fucking guillotined to death or he's landing thigh first on your skull.

She uses the move around the 2:35 mark of this vid, but it isn't the best one she's hit.

It's a good finisher. It's just the fact that 3/4 of the people taking it looked like idiots just standing there. He should've done the standard/Owen version.

I always wished Brown came around ten years later. He had some good charisma. That Arsenio clip further proves it. Then again, he'd be subjected to Russo. 

Still though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

It's a good finisher. It's just the fact that 3/4 of the people taking it looked like idiots just standing there. 

They were either barely conscious on their feet and couldn't defend themselves or it was a flash finisher that caught them off guard. 

Where is your kayfabe? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Apologies. 

I thought the same thing.  All you have to do is drop to your knees and problem solved, but it was a fairly well protected finisher.

I always thought it was interesting that when Hogan and Bad News were in their match together, Bad News ran the ropes before trying to hit Hogan with the GB for the finish (something he'd never done before).

That brief moment gave Hogan time enough to recover and simply duck to avoid the impact.

2 minutes ago, GetDown said:

Piledriver is banned in WWE, so Ziggler & Bryan figured out a way to do it without really doing it.

xxGdpTo.gif

I'd rather post the video, because of the audio, but I loved when Punk broke one out vs Cena. 

Honestly, there's no reason to have this move still blacklisted, when there are worse head drops still happening. Just don't make it a common move. 

I never noticed the laugh Punk suppresses right after the move, like he's saying "Go ahead and fucking fire me for it, I don't care."   If I recall, both he and Cena got a SHITLOAD of heat for it.

And seriously, a lot of these big bumps and suplexes are far worse bumps than a piledriver, which usually just ends up landing on the dude's legs.  I mean, I took my share of piledrivers an i seam too b ookai.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Apologies. 

Was there any setup to it? Or did he just decide to kick the guys head off when he felt it was necessary? I can't remember.

The set-up was Bad News beating the living shit out of you for five minutes so your answer is the latter okay I am done with this jobber time to take it home.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Stupid question, but did Scorpio actually innovate the 450? I've seen several things over the years that said yes, but having not watched any Japan or Lucha, I can't be so sure. 

Take it with a grain of salt, but 2 Cold's Wikipedia and Online World Of Wrestling entries do indeed credit him with innovating the 450 Splash aka The Diss That Don't Miss.