DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

19 hours ago, J.T. said:

Remember when Booker nearly killed Triple HHH with the Harlem Hangover?

tumblr_inline_ni1ual7aiq1r5344l.gif

Has he ever hit this move without absolutely murdering the recipient? I'm surprised anyone bothered to take it after seeing the first few. 

He probably should have made it one of those spots that almost always misses, like Bubba Dudley's middle rope senton, or Dustin Rhodes' running Crossbody.

27 minutes ago, AxB said:

He probably should have made it one of those spots that almost always misses, like Bubba Dudley's middle rope senton, or Dustin Rhodes' running Crossbody.

No, because he'd have to take the miss bump at the base of his spine after one rotation from a greater height than the top turnbuckle. 

Much more impact than Bubba or Dustin's whiff spot.*

Unless you want to end up in a wheelchair, that's a move that doesn't miss.  Doubly so since it was a high spot that crowds marked out big for.

* - Depending of whether or not Dustin also suicides through the ropes onto the ring floor which is fucking crazy, but helps to sell the future hope spot.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Even the ref is all WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SEE~??? just like the rest of us at home!

p8z9uJI.gif

Scorpio was the shit. I was lucky enough to be outside of Philly and catch his ECW (and WCW too, but really, I wasn't a WCW guy) run. He was awesome. Even as a tenner in '96, I thought he was awesome. The 2Gold and 4-way TV title match were my favorite runs he had. 

I love the 4-man (Jericho farewell) match he was in. My absolutely favorite ECW match ever. If only goddamn Pitbull 2 wasn't in it. Yeah, I know it created a new storyline. But, shit, it would've been way better with a real good worker in his spot. 

I was incredibly bummed with Jericho getting knocked out first. He was awesome and became my favorite when he debuted in ECW (I didn't tape trade), and has remained as such since then. 

Good times. 

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Happy Ernie Ladd Month!  Bask in the awesomness of 2 Cold Scorpio at the Clash.

Even the ref was all WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SEE~??? just like the rest of us were at home!

p8z9uJI.gif

Look out everybody, here comes 2 cold scorpio!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Look out everybody, here comes 2 cold scorpio!

Like the Gulf War, brotha.  He attacks from the air.

What kid did not want to step to school with 2 Cold after his debut at the Clash?

The irony is not lost on me that the little black kids did not get to ride in the rented limo.

One of the first matches I ever saw was an NJPW tag match with 2 Cold Scorpio in it. I don't remember the other participants. At one point, he did a Stinger Splash and got such elevation on his leap that I screamed (as, if I recall correctly, did the audience). It was fantastic.

image.gif

• Like 2