DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

15 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I love these guys so much. SO MUCH.

I'm now envisaging a cage vertical suplex from the floor to the apron, while Elgin reaches over the top rope to hook the same guy into his spinning powerbomb.

Possibilities of fancy shit like that are slightly limited, but look spectacular.

10 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Probably been asked a million times before but d'ya reckon Rude or Macho brought the best out of Warrior?

Macho by a nose. The Retirement Match from WM VII ranks in the Top 10 of my all-time favorite WWE matches, and the Summerslam '92 title match is pretty good. Those matches with Rick Rude were all pretty great, though. That cage match from Summerslam '90 is something of an underappreciated gem. 

20 hours ago, Roman said:

hdjZGr9.gif

I've no idea who the skinny guy is, but fuck him.

It's a funny thing I've noticed that, no matter what, everybody has their limits.  I am by no means a Vince McMahon style size queen who can only get hard over workers who are 6'2", 245 and up and jacked.  I enjoy cruiserweights, etc.  But there is still a limit to what I'll accept when it comes to what a guy looks like how it affects believability.  It's one thing to be small, but it's something else to be small AND really skinny.  Sabre looks to be legit 135 lbs and there is nothing believable about him because of that.  In the 80s, he'd be rejected for job duty.  In Mexico back in the day, he'd be slotted as a mini.  He looks like Richard from Silicon Valley and I don't want to see that guy wrestle, either.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

It's a funny thing I've noticed that, no matter what, everybody has their limits.  I am by no means a Vince McMahon style size queen who can only get hard over workers who are 6'2", 245 and up and jacked.  I enjoy cruiserweights, etc.  But there is still a limit to what I'll accept when it comes to what a guy looks like how it affects believability.  It's one thing to be small, but it's something else to be small AND really skinny.  Sabre looks to be legit 135 lbs and there is nothing believable about him because of that.  In the 80s, he'd be rejected for job duty.  In Mexico back in the day, he'd be slotted as a mini.  He looks like Richard from Silicon Valley and I don;t want to see that guy wrestle, either.

Not being very big isn't a big deal to me, but looking like a dude who couldn't defend himself in a fight means something.  Jose Aldo is 145 lbs., but looks like he could rip a man's arm off and beat him to death with it.  Zack Sabre Jr. looks like a dude who would get his ass kicked by a reasonably athletic 8th grader.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Not being very big isn't a big deal to me, but looking like a dude who couldn't defend himself in a fight means something.  Jose Aldo is 145 lbs., but looks like he could rip a man's arm off and beat him to death with it.  Zack Sabre Jr. looks like a dude who would get his ass kicked by a reasonably athletic 8th grader.  

My comparison is Connor McGregor who is smaller and lighter than Zack but, you know, looks like an adult that can fight.

Zack Sabre Jr. is 6'0" (or at least billed as much). Most guys look like midgets compared to Hero. I think his build is well suited to his style, as it doesn't rely on power at all but flexibility, technique, and agility.

3 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Him no selling and his shitty facial expressions were the worst in the Cruiserweight Classic.

That's what turned me against him.  i thought he was okay before that but the CWC made me realize his style is bullshit and actively makes his opponents look bad.

Actually, the turn started with his masturbatory, overlong BOLA match vs Scurll...CWC just finished the job.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic