DVDVR Message Board

TNA One Night Only - Knockouts Knockdown

Anyone else checking this out?

Posted Image

I'll be reviewing it live with pics and gifs at:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/tna-one-night-only-knockouts-knockdown.html

I don't have high hopes for it but I hope we get a good match or two.

The card is:

Gail Kim vs Alissa Flash

Ivelisse Velez vs Lei'd Tapa

Tara vs Mia Yim

Brooke Tessmacher vs Santana Garrett

ODB vs Trinity

Taryn Tarrell vs Jackie Moore

Taeler Hendrix vs Sojo Bolt vs Hannah Blossom in a Three Way Match

Velvet Sky vs Jillian Hall

Mickie James vs Serena Deeb

I reviewed Knockouts Knockdown with pics and gifs here:
http://prowresblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/tna-one-night-only-knockouts-knockdown.html

Overall thoughts: Look, they tried here, but they couldn't deliver. This show was a bad idea and was pretty bad. The girls just aren't on a respectable level in the ring and are light years behind their Japanese counter parts. Ivelisse Velez was the star of the show and definitely the MVP, so naturally she lost. I really don't recommend this one and while it could have been worse, it wasn't good. I think it also says something that the longest thing on this show was a wedding from a few years ago.

Some shots from the show:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Me and 2 of my Buddies ordered the show so it was $5 each in HD. Mickie vs. Serena was match of the night and I will have to rewatch some of the matches I didn't pay close attention to while shooting the shit. The Full ODB wedding was stupid and they should have aired in full one of the Taryn vs. Kim matches. That Taeler Hendrix gif might replace Bubbles as my avatar.

rzombie can you make a gif of that goonies looking guy that is shown after the highlight of Mickie beating Madison in the Cage.

There's a couple of people online who are going nuts that I said this show was awful and then in turn are making me go nuts by telling me how good this was. One person even talked about how great Lei'D Tapa looked, even though she at least 2-3 botches in her match alone.

I liked most all the non-contracted girls on the show. Ivelisse is one of the very best and is always stealing the show on SHINE iPPVs, so no surprise she looked good as usual here though would've liked to seen more of her. Mia Yim's usually pretty good and I like Santana Garrett more every time I see her although she didn't get to do much here. Also loved Santana getting the knockoff Santana music that Apolo among others used to use. ODB/Trinity wasn't much of a match, but I really liked seeing Trinity again, thought she looked great. Gail/Alissa was pretty good. TNA's about the only place I cared for Alissa in her 2009 run. Great to see Sojo & Taeler as well, two others that have shined in other recent shows. Mickie/Serena was good stuff.. of everyone involved I'm most surprised they didn't try to do something more with Serena after that with as good as she is. Gauntlet ending was nice always good to see Madison Rayne, Gail rules. Agreed that there was a ton of filler though and it would've been nice for some of the matches to get more than 5-6 minutes.

The problem with this show was, it made you want to watch the non-TNA regulars. Because you have Gail vs Alissa Flash, and Gail's just doing the same Gail moves you've seen her do a million times, whereas Allisa's doing things you've not seen (even when she was with TNA), and it makes you want to see more of her... but she's not with the company, so you can't.

Serena vs Mickie was by far the match of the night. Finally someone who makes the opening headlocks and armbars look like they're done to hurt and cause damage. The ONO shows have been a lot of going through the motions, this one included (OK, some of the less experienced Wrestlers can only go through the motions). Serena vs Mickie was a good story well told.

• Like 1

Just finished watching this and, yeah, not great. Kim/Flash was decent and Mickie/Serena was actively good, but some of this was very poor. Jillian/Velvet and ODB/ Trinity were as bad as I expected.

However, I do get why they signed Tapa, even if she's pretty poor and botched a few moves, namely that she's got an impressive look. She's only developmental talent, not main roster, and if she can improve over the next year, she'll provide something a bit different. Bear in mind this was filmed in January, there's a chance she'll have improved by now.