DVDVR Message Board

All Japan Pro Wrestling "ROYAL ROAD TOURNAMENT 2013"

Kevin Wilson

I'm disappointed Go won though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since Doering went over Suwama to get even that far. I'm actually sort of looking forward to Go vs. Akebono. Go has been great at bumping around for people, and made Akebono and Hama look real good on their tag titles match back in June. If anyone could get a good singles match out of Akebono it would be him.

I was just thinking the same thing about Kea. If he is still technically with the company and plans to return full time he could really help fill out that main event scene, at least until Soya finally comes back.I could see Akebono getting a brief transitional TC run as a kind of thank-you for sticking around after Mutoh left. Maybe he'll beat Suwama and then drop it to Go right away. 

I wonder what happened with Low-Ki this tour. He worked only a few dates and disappeared after he lost. I take it he won't be back...

According to Meltzer, he got into a fight backstage with Hikaru Sato. So he's apparently already burned his bridges there. I'm not sure there's anywhere left for him to work.

I read a translated thing about that last week, wasn't sure what it was about. That's hilarious. Sato's not a great MMA fighter, but he technically is one. He'd probably give Low Ki a beating if he's not any good at it. He's actually bigger than him too.

Edit:

Low Ki was announced as being off the rest of the tour after the Akebono matchon 9/16 due to broken ribs. A few days earlier, Low Ki had tried to fight HikaruSato, a former Pancrase protege of Minoru Suzuki (probably not the right guy towant to start a fight with). There wasn’t an actual fight, but it didn’t do him anyfavors and he was pretty down on options after his playing Halloween dress-up atthe Tokyo Dome show unauthorized by the promotion (and then absolutely tearingthe house down with his wrestling) in January. I still can’t get over his blowing itwith New Japan at this stage of his career but he did. The perception from therewas more than questioning if the rib injury was legit. Either way, because of theSato incident, he was said to have been fired, but even if he quit, he’s not expectedback. That didn’t take long.

He's becoming something of a tragic figure to me. I understand he seems to be his own worst enemy but the dude is so talented. It's just a shame. I wonder if now bitterness isn't an issue for him. Can't be easy watching one of your old rivals main eventing WWE shows while you ponder voice acting jobs.