DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 12/3/15

victor

SmackDown kicks off with Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and The Usos in the ring calling out the League of Nations. They come out and we get an eight-man main event for tonight. The New Day comes out and says The Usos and Ambrose have to fight them in order to be Reigns' partners in the main event

* Tyler Breeze defeated Neville with the Unprettier. Dolph Ziggler was on commentary and the crowd was dead for this match

* Brie Bella defeated Becky Lynch by DQ when WWE Divas Champion Charlotte ran in and attacked Brie after Brie earlier knocked Charlotte down outside of the ring. Alicia Fox was also at ringside

* WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day defeated The Usos and Dean Ambrose when Xavier Woods pinned Jimmy Uso. Reigns will now be alone in the main event

* Bray Wyatt squashed Devon Dudley and pinned him after Sister Abigail. After the match, The Wyatt Family also beat down Tommy Dreamer and Bubba Ray Dudley, who were at ringside. They beat the ECW Originals up with kendo sticks and put Dreamer through a table

* Roman Reigns vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus, United States Champion Alberto Del Rio, Rusev and King Barrett in a Handicap match is next. Barrett got eliminated half-way into the match. Rusev works over Reigns pretty good now. Reigns ends up winning by count out. After the match, Sheamus hits Reins with a Brogue Kick and out come The Usos with Ambrose. The babyfaces help Reigns fight off The League of Nations and stand tall to end SmackDown

Can't say I think much of this show.

So the new main event heel stable does the job in a four-on-one handicap match a day after forming? And they're seriously having a hard time figuring out why their ratings are collapsing?

Well, it's Smackdown so no one watches that anyway. They are really going hard with the Roman overcoming the odd's shit. Perfect way to get 100,000 people at the Jerrydome to chant DIE ROMAN DIE during the main event.

The League of Extraordinary Midcarders vs Reigns and his sidekicks is just about the least appealing top heel group vs top face group I can think of. I'm having flashbacks to the Corporate Ministry vs The Union, but at least those groups had a few legit stars in them.

• Like 1

The League of Extraordinary Midcarders vs Reigns and his sidekicks is just about the least appealing top heel group vs top face group I can think of. I'm having flashbacks to the Corporate Ministry vs The Union, but at least those groups had a few legit stars in them.

Go read the Wikipedia entry for "Planet Jarrett." It might change your mind.

I barely ever watch anymore so it was good to see a decent six-man with some hilarious Big E dancing/faux snow angel-making and just New Day in general. Ambrose is hand-in-glove with these matches and the Usos are pretty much the best WWE babyfaces, charisma all over and big offense like the jumping back suplex and at one point a Steamboatesque deep armdrag into armbar. They tweak the formula with some legwork and heels win with a great looking Shining Wizard from of all people Xavier, who was getting his ass beat earlier. He also had this running, sliding facebuster thing that was like a Jay Lethal finisher that looks better. It was a cross between 'kinda cool' and 'stupid as fuck'. 

Truth comes out for no reason again; I don't know where they're going with that, I think it's just Vince getting his jollies and Ron getting a payday doing nothing which is just fine by me. Wyatts have fallen so far to be feuding with the ECDub Originals. Crowd has zero interest in this. At least it's a squash because please, just give the Wyatts something... anything. Still these are your monster heels and you won't give 'em nothing but chicken feed. If Dreamer isn't fighting Lawler in a cage or falling through a stack of burning tables I don't want to see him. This did make me think of Sabu coming back and joining the Wyatts but I'm sure he couldn't pass the drop. 

The League... well, Barrett has something to do now, and Del Rio's out of that MexAmerican abortion, which was clearly punishment for him standing up for himself. I'm trying to be positive here. Hey, that 16-bit TLC commercial was cool!

[rant]You know what, I don't have a problem with any of the wrestlers in this match when they're used right. The problem is, when everyone is even-steven like they want it, nobody is truly over. Which is what they want, but yet they're afraid of? None of it makes sense. You have a main event full of main event guys made to feel like midcard guys and the only guys that seem special are Cena, Brock, and Taker and none of them are around right now. It makes you look at that lineup and think, "What Would Bill Watts Do?"[/rant]

I spent way too many words on this

So I'm interested in this Miz/Neville possible pairing. Neville getting to beat up Miz for a bit will be fun. Especially while Miz touts Daniel Bryan's success and Neville can counter with Alex Riley and Damien Sandow as being tutored under the Miz and have gone nowhere since.

Whoever in WWE creative thought it was a good idea to have Barrett ejected in a 4 on 1 match should be fired you get DQ'ed not ejected to the back that's how wrestling fucking works!

That's why they're part of WWE creative, because they don't know wrestling.

• Like 1