DVDVR Message Board

2016 CFL - Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

2016 year one of the rebirth of the good ship Argo because the Dome was keeping them down.  I figure by week 3 next year people will figure out that much like big bands and hair metal the Argos are never going to be relevant again.  At least they are owned by a wealthy faceless media conglomerate now that can handle the financial losses without fretting much.  Hopefully the scant few good QB's in the CFL stay healthy next year so we never have to see Robert Marve, Brian Brohm or John Beck take snaps anymore.  Been a couple of down years for the league they really need an influx of talent

Who will coach the Alouettes?

I thought they announced that Popp was the guy going forward.

I thought that was for GM.  He was rumored to go to Saskatchewan.

It was the beginning of Nov - but yeah, Popp and the entire coaching staff was announced as returning for next year

Obviously things could change but that was a few weeks ago

Andrew Bucholtz

‏@AndrewBucholtz
BC Lions just announced that Jeff Tedford has resigned, Wally Buono will be HC/GM in 2016. #CFL

Wally Buono coaching again?  Man, the CFL is weird.

The thing about Wally is that he's such a titanic figure at that club, it's almost impossible for anyone else to be seen as The Man while he's still there, even if it was as GM and not coach.

I'm not implying at all that he did anything to intentionally undermine Benevedies or Tedord because I don't believe that to be the case, but I think it's a victim of circumstance thing. Buono is just too big a figure for anyone else there to command the kind of respect he does among the organization. I really get the vibe Tedford, rightly or wrongly, got treated a bit like a substitute teacher by some of the players.

Trying to convince a friend to commit to a Hamilton roadtrip next year, and if he does I'm jumping on the two tickets to any non Labour Day game and a touque holiday pack for $59 Cdn. Als are offering a similar one for $69 but game has to be their opener. If I could pick game vs the Cats that would be an attractive option.

It looks an awful lot like Chris Jones will be in Saskatchewan. Hey, $600K+ to do both jobs there, or $300K+ as coach in Edmonton. I can't blame him if he goes. But it will suck to see this guy on the other sideline. He's been phenomenal here, just phenomenal.

He was phenomenal in Toronto as DC too. Top notch coach

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Bombers are actually, actively attempting to improve their team. This is....new. Who knows if it works out, but its been a good week. Even with the signing of Jeff Keeping, hopefully they have more planned to improve the o-line.

Plus, they're annoying the Riders, which is always fun.