DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

He is currently working a supply line for me so either Fresh killed him or he is wandering the wasteland like Kung Fu

From what I understand one of the biggest bugs in the game is that some of the random encounter vendors don't show up where you send them.  I've sent three to settlements and only one of them ever showed up.  I've run into one of them twice since she didn't show up, but she's never made it.

Its not a bug. Again its just that they can die from the various enemies running about. I've heard of people finding the bodies.

The end of the USS Constitution quest is amazingly hilarious. I played that quest just accepting whatever was asked of me, not using sarcasm, not asking many questions. When I finally got to the end of it, the captain of the ship says something that I don't want to spoil and I FINALLY ask what they're planning. The response I get is so off the wall and crazy that my character goes from the good soldier who is just very helpful, to being like, "wait, what?! You're still going to do this? LOL, ok, I guess I'm along for the ride!" What happens after that is so fucking awesome and out of everything I've done so far, this entire quest has been the most fun and Fallout thing in the game. I really liked it.

Just did this last night. So much fun.

IT'S THE BEST! Not counting the Jack Box Party Pack, it's been a long time since a game made me laugh that hard. I couldn't care less about the main storyline because you come across quests like that where the writing is so good.

Someone can spoiler it, but do you get to ever chill with Ironsides again?

IT'S THE BEST! Not counting the Jack Box Party Pack, it's been a long time since a game made me laugh that hard. I couldn't care less about the main storyline because you come across quests like that where the writing is so good.

After the ship crash lands again, you can re-discover it in its new location. Go speak to Ironsides, and he will you give you use of his quarters since he doesn't fit below deck anyway

He is currently working a supply line for me so either Fresh killed him or he is wandering the wasteland like Kung Fu

From what I understand one of the biggest bugs in the game is that some of the random encounter vendors don't show up where you send them.  I've sent three to settlements and only one of them ever showed up.  I've run into one of them twice since she didn't show up, but she's never made it.

Its not a bug. Again its just that they can die from the various enemies running about. I've heard of people finding the bodies.

Except one of them is clearly not dead, I've seen her multiple times since sending her to my settlement.  I always see her in those places where you can find random people sitting around a fire or just walking around.  She just won't go to a settlement, after agreeing to go.

After the ship crash lands again, you can re-discover it in its new location. Go speak to Ironsides, and he will you give you use of his quarters since he doesn't fit below deck anyway

That makes me so happy.

Except one of them is clearly not dead, I've seen her multiple times since sending her to my settlement.  I always see her in those places where you can find random people sitting around a fire or just walking around.  She just won't go to a settlement, after agreeing to go.

Yeah that is different then. Who was it?

Yeah that is different then. Who was it?

Rylee.  I watched a YouTube video where it says to save before you send any of these people to a settlement and sleep for 24 hours to make sure they actually show up. 

Will have to keep that in mind. So far I've only found two and one won't actually go if you go for the good result of her quest.

So interesting thing about turrets, the ones we make for settlements are actually randomly leveled after you hit certain level and take the Castle from what I understand. You probably will mostly end up with mk. 1, but there is a mk.3 (10 mm), mk. 5 (incendiaries), & mk. 7 (explosives). This now explains why enemies turrets will occasionally rape you of life as those last two are basically legendary weapons.

Has anyone else come across the Easter Egg for the Batman Arkham games

the garage across from Milton Hospital (the place you go during Silver Shroud).

It is set up like some sort of fucking Riddle puzzle. So many traps.

Oh and fucking ghouls

Weird glitch happened yesterday. I have Cait as a companion and have romanced her. I put her in a Power Armor frame. I slept with her in one of my settlements and when we woke up, she wasn't wearing the Power Armor frame. I didn't care about that so much but I had equipped it with the Exemplar's T-60c Torso that I got from doing Duty or Dishonor for the BOS. Looked everywhere for the frame and couldn't find it. Went to every settlement we'd been to that I could remember and went back to the Combat Zone and nada. Luckily I had a previous save that I could boot up but thought I'd share this so that none of you run into it.

dont sell them - use them at a cooking station - adhesive is scarce and you can make things that will result in adhesive...

I do this too. Corn, mutfruit, tato, and purified water. I got sick of looking for duct tape.

I'm level 13 on playthrough 2, and it seems very hit or miss. One minute I'm running through a raider camp one-hit killing fools with Big Jim (some kind of modified pipe wrench I found). The next minute, I'm having to haul ass away from two bloodbugs who are whipping my ass with a quickness.

Oh, and I was going to do the Freedom Trail mission. On the way, Piper managed to stagger her ass through Swan Lake somehow. Start > Load > Quicksave on that deal.

• Like 2

I have never had a problem with adhesive

I used to have a problem with oil but now I know to grab ever fucking lighter and oil can around

My biggest problem still is lead.

Though I do enjoy that the children's toys all contain lead.

• Like 1

There's also the board game that contains nuclear material, which is fun.

There's a Home Depot type store near Fenway that has a bunch of lead in it.  I know there was a 50 lb barbell, plus a few other things, near the entrance.

I looked last night while doing some gun mods, and noticed I have over 1000 adhesive.  I obsessively pick up everything I find, so I'm good on just about all materials.  I desperately need more wood, though. I've scrapped just about everything that can be scrapped for wood, and there's very little lying around that contains much of it. Steel is always a concern, because I use so much of it, but at least it's fairly common.  

I only started doing any gun/weapon mods a few days ago, despite having the related perks maxed out for weeks.  I've been modding things like crazy the last couple days.  Made myself a MIRV last night.  Just need to find someone to try it out on, now.

Or you could just scrap the trees at your settlements which usually provide 200+ wood. Wood and steel are the most common materials you can find. They actually renew within your settlements.

Huh, didn't know they renewed.

I've never seen anything renew in a settlement after I scrapped it, and I clear cut everything that I could find weeks ago.  Maybe I need to check some of the settlements I rarely visit.  Shipments are the best bet I think, which is where all that water becomes useful.

Moe Cronin also sells wood.  Sells cork too.  Must've found some of Sammy Sosa's old left over bats.

• Like 1

I finally built my first building because apparently the stupid robots in Graygarden need beds.  Enjoy your shack full of sleeping bags.

And then it became adding a spotlight and power and a terminal and suddenly it's an outpost.

I'm thinking of building something totally goofy at the Starlight Drive-In.

Oh yeah - because I keep getting infuriated that the trees keep coming back in Sanctuary

Mail boxes as well. At first I thought I was imagining it, but I noticed every damn mail box, tree, & fallen fence I scrapped would magically reappear after a while..Maybe its just in Sanctuary, but you basically have an unlimited amount of wood there due to this.

I've never seen anything renew in a settlement after I scrapped it, and I clear cut everything that I could find weeks ago.  Maybe I need to check some of the settlements I rarely visit.  Shipments are the best bet I think, which is where all that water becomes useful.

Moe Cronin also sells wood.  Sells cork too.  Must've found some of Sammy Sosa's old left over bats.

What uses cork?