DVDVR Message Board

2015 NCAAF: Week 9

Dolfan in NYC

Kizer's oh shit face rivaled Tannehill's. Looked like his life flashed before his eyes. Considering Brian Kelly damn near killed an assistant on the sideline, I can understand why Kizer felt like that.

I don't think Temple is more talented than Notre Dame but man they are showing a ton of fight

That Miami finish makes the Cal - Stanford THE BAND IS OUT ON THE FIELD finish look like shit.   Also if you want to nitpick at least 1 maybe 2 players went on to the field without a helmet before he hit the red zone.  Just to much chaos to follow

That wouldn't have negated the td though. If the players don't interfere with the play, it's a sideline infraction which results in a dead ball foul. Would've been 15 yards on the ensuing kickoff which of course, there was none. The issue is was Walton's knee down on one of the laterals. The ball was leaving his hand as his knee hit so it was a close call. In either case, it should've been a moot point b/c there were a few bullshit PI calls on Duke's td drive and it's questionable whether or not Duke's qb actually got into the endzone.

And definitively stated the run back should not have been asked both because a runner was down before the lateral and a missed block in the back (not the one that they picked the flag up on, thought they also failed to properly communicate the decision). Also they missed what would have been a meaningless penalty for someone running onto the field of the play but not interfering with the result.

Normally saying a bad call would have changed the outcome of a game isn't quite this true. If ever a case could be made for overturning a result, Duke has a legit claim

So the Duke coach is complaining but if it wasn't for multiple atrocious calls on the final drive Duke wouldn't have even been in a position to win the game. Fuck Duke. They got break after break. Go make a fucking tackle, losers.

They did make the game winning tackle, that's the call the refs missed.

So the Duke coach is complaining but if it wasn't for multiple atrocious calls on the final drive Duke wouldn't have even been in a position to win the game. Fuck Duke. They got break after break. Go make a fucking tackle, losers.

They did make the game winning tackle, that's the call the refs missed.

Miami was called for pass interference multiple times on the final drive and they were bogus.  Duke has no claim. Miami was penalized 23 times. 23.

The conference publicly reprimanded the officials for missing the game winning tackle. That's the claim, and its as legit as any one had ever had.

They missed that his knee was down, yeah. It was one of a number of calls that were missed throughout the game. I don't believe in one play deciding a game. The officials deserve to be suspended, no argument there.  People saying Duke was robbed, I totally disagree with that.

The conference publicly reprimanded the officials for missing the game winning tackle. That's the claim, and its as legit as any one had ever had.

They missed that his knee was down, yeah. It was one of a number of calls that were missed throughout the game. I don't believe in one play deciding a game. The officials deserve to be suspended, no argument there. People saying Duke was robbed, I totally disagree with that.

It literally decided the game. They call it right, Duke wins. How did it not?

It literally decided the game. They call it right, Duke wins. How did it not?

Miami was leading. Duke's final drive Miami is called for pass interference three times, two of which were not pass interference. Duke takes the lead because of it. Then we have the kickoff fiasco. If the officials make the right call, it's Miami who was robbed.

Again, the difference is that the conference officially stated the officials made the wrong call on the kick return, and it was literally the game that deciding play.

I can see why. When a knee is down, it's down. Pass interference is a judgment call. Overall, they were just atrocious all game. Ugly. Very ugly. I just don't share the feeling that Duke should have won the game. For 59 minutes they were given everything.

As a Tarheel fan, I absolutely support the fuck Duke sentiment!

And definitively stated the run back should not have been asked both because a runner was down before the lateral and a missed block in the back (not the one that they picked the flag up on, thought they also failed to properly communicate the decision). Also they missed what would have been a meaningless penalty for someone running onto the field of the play but not interfering with the result.

Normally saying a bad call would have changed the outcome of a game isn't quite this true. If ever a case could be made for overturning a result, Duke has a legit claim

There's no point in suspending the refs, unless you overturn  the result as well. Most cases you couldn't do it, but in this case you can, and if you believe the call was blown, with strong enough evidence to suspend the refs, you probably should. . . 

There's no point in suspending the refs, unless you overturn  the result as well. Most cases you couldn't do it, but in this case you can, and if you believe the call was blown, with strong enough evidence to suspend the refs, you probably should. . . 

Can't overturn the result of a game.

Well, technically, I think the ACC could, but the odds of that happening are very very very low.

Nope, they can't.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14026475/acc-suspends-field-officials-replay-officials-wild-miami-duke-finish

The ACC announced Sunday it has suspended the on-field officiating crew as well as the replay official and communicator for two games following errors on the final wild play that gave Miami a 30-27 win over Duke on Saturday.

The outcome of the game cannot be changed, but Duke coach David Cutcliffe said later Sunday that maybe it's time for that to change as the Blue Devils (6-2, 3-1) fell out of a potential tie for the lead in the ACC's Coastal Division.

Cutcliffe said he's heard from a "multitude" of coaches and hopes this starts a conversation that could eventually lead to overturning an outcome in similar situations.