DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

Wilson makes one big play all game and then people try to compare him to Rodgers and Brady. This has been going on for like 4 years now.

He's a mediocre QB with a knack for making the occasional jaw dropping big play just often enough...

But fuck man.

Wilson makes one big play all game and then people try to compare him to Rodgers and Brady. This has been going on for like 4 years now.

He's a mediocre QB with a knack for making the occasional jaw dropping big play just often enough...

But fuck man.

Yeah, I'll be very interested to see what happens as the defense continues to lose players.

And the best part? ESPN just had Jerry Austin saying the referees blew the final call and that the Lions should have gotten the ball back. Seattle intentionally batted the ball out of the end zone, which is illegal.

That figures - Detroit has a history of getting screwed by the refs.

At least they were openly discussing that the referee fucked up that call at the end, and not hiding from it like they sometimes do. I saw it and thought it was illegal, but figured there must have been a rule change since the referee was right there. 

At least they were openly discussing that the referee fucked up that call at the end, and not hiding from it like they sometimes do. I saw it and thought it was illegal, but figured there must have been a rule change since the referee was right there. 

The rule change was "okay for Seattle, illegal for everyone else".  You know, the same way they defend receivers.

• Like 2

To be fair, I have seen guys do that swat the ball out the end zone many times and never remember it being called a penalty except when a qb does it to avoid a safety. The way guys like Trent and Young are reacting, I don't think anybody really knew that rule.

God damn it Caldwell, could you show some fucking reaction to any fucking thing you fucking asshole?

TELL EM STEVE DAVE!

I knew you Lions fans would eventually get to this point with Caldwell. Somewhere, Caldwell still has that stupid fucking blank stare on his face where not a goddamn thing is going on in his head.

That's one thing I like about Rex Ryan, he at least emotes. Compared to the corpses Buffalo had for a while, in Moron(don't correct me!), Gailey and Jauron, it felt like funeral. Almost makes up for the penalties. ALMOST. . . . .

To be fair, I have seen guys do that swat the ball out the end zone many times and never remember it being called a penalty except when a qb does it to avoid a safety. The way guys like Trent and Young are reacting, I don't think anybody really knew that rule.

That's because it's always the team in possession doing the batting. In this case, it was the defense doing it. That's why this is unusual.

Gerry Austin just said it's possible the refs ignored the rule because it would have been a touchback anyway.

And now just said that it SHOULD be ignored because a "game shouldn't end like that".

Nice.

Gerry Austin just said it's possible the refs ignored the rule because it would have been a touchback anyway.

And now just said that it SHOULD be ignored because a "game shouldn't end like that".

Nice.

Then get rid of the rule I guess.. . .but that would be too easy. That rule book needs and enema.

Now they are saying it is a judgement call, that the referee noticed but determined it didn't impact the play. Which he is probably right but still, if its a black and white rule, it isn't a judgement call rule, its not pass interference. If it is illegal to swat in that situation than its illegal, and even if we at home aren't sure the referees should be.

It's not a judgement call. What you're hearing now is ESPN backtracking on their "the refs screwed Detroit" narrative to protect The Shield and a marquee franchise.

• Like 1

That there has been that many changes of opinion in such a short time mean Detroit probably got fucked, and good. This is the same franchise that brought us the Calvin Johnson rule. . . .sorry Lions fans. . . 

It is the second time in the last five meaningful games the Lions have played the NFL has said afterwards that blew a crucial call.

I'm not one to spend time on conspiracy theories. Bad calls happen, and they are rarely the reason a team loses.

But c'mon man, again?