DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

5 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

God, I never realize how whiny my voice is until I listen to it in playback. How can anyone stand me?

It doesn't sound exactly like that over the headset.

I am trying to figure out why I could hear CSC clearly on the feed but no one else

20 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Basically, there's a function when you look into party chat to enable your voice to be heard on broadcast, and I guess nobody else realized it. 

Yea I lucked into finding the option to turn it on when I was trying to figure out how to turn the volume up on my new headset.

I will say ... my character somehow ended up looking douchier on the One than he did on the 360 - and I love it.  

I am going to blow so much money on car upgrades because everything I have is so pathetically under-powered now.  

My favorite moment so far - Dan is in a sniping battle with some dude.

All of sudden the dude gets plowed by a Kid Toucher Van and while the dude is still plastered on the windshield, Dan shoots him in the head

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hey! Don't be heisting without me!

I never even finished the first one.

I blame JT and his inability to work a drill

I am always the fucking wheelman. 

Everyone knows this. 

I maybe meh at racing but one thing I know how to do in this game is evade the fucking law.  I am usually on my third or fourth lap dance at the Vanilla Unicorn by the time Rippa or Mark shakes LSPD.

Why I was chosen to be the safecracker in the first heist rather than drive the fucking getaway vehicle is beyond me. 

Did Packie drive?  No.  Did Rickie shoot people.  No. 

LET PEOPLE STICK TO WHAT THEY ARE GOOD AT~!

So I check my router settings for fun and all my port forwarding is gone, all 250 ports needed to get this got dang game to work. Hey, nothing I'd rather be doing than stuff I've done before, thanks.

EDIT: Hey, showing as Open again. Maybe I'll only get kicked out every 10 minutes as opposed to every 5 minutes.

Real Life hated me as I got a flat in the evening and had to deal with that nonsense so I could get to work today.

By the time I got on, I just decided to do a couple of Overwatch matches and then go to bed.

Tonight is the Night!

My wife is working late so I won't get silently judged by how much swearing I am doing and how my character needs a haircut

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Real Life hated me as I got a flat in the evening and had to deal with that nonsense so I could get to work today.

By the time I got on, I just decided to do a couple of Overwatch matches and then go to bed.

Tonight is the Night!

My wife is working late so I won't get silently judged by how much swearing I am doing and how my character needs a haircut

Should be home by 7.  I'll walk you through the first heist so you can get an armored Kuruma.  They're invaluable, since you should be able to solo harder (read: more money/XP) missions like Rooftop Rumble, Titan of a Job, and Diamonds are for Trevor with it. 

The remaining heists require 4 people, so I'd suggest we wait for a team of our boys to do them.  

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Should be home by 7.  I'll walk you through the first heist so you can get an armored Kuruma.  They're invaluable, since you should be able to solo harder (read: more money/XP) missions like Rooftop Rumble, Titan of a Job, and Diamonds are for Trevor with it. 

So THAT'S the car we were driving around in killing dozens of dudes the other day with no effort at all.  I was thinking damn car armor sure has some a long way since I last played.

• Like 3

I'm wondering if they've nerfed the Kurumas, at least as far as freemode goes.  I had several of the damn things roll up on me this week, and I managed to shoot every driver out of em.  I've been able to do that before, but not to that level of success.

Anyway, I'll be on some tonight, but probably not a lot.

23 minutes ago, CSC said:

So THAT'S the car we were driving around in killing dozens of dudes the other day with no effort at all.  I was thinking damn car armor sure has some a long way since I last played.

It's a game-changer, especially when it comes to soloing missions. Missions that only a few can solo are open season to anyone with a Kuruma. Obviously, some missions are still tough to do with one, and some are better done with a Buzzard and others are done best with more than one person to take more than one approach, but the Kuruma makes soloing several of the missions easy.

And I shot a guy out of a Kuruma last night very, very easily. I think it's all about the angle of the shot.

I was on last night and someone I hadn't been scrapping with sicced mercenaries on me, so I returned the favor with a $9,000 bounty. He then flew down in a jet, wrecked it and proceeded to beat my ass until he got tired of that and went to beat the map's ass. He was a 104. Between that and the utter humbling I took in that scrum with Robert, I'm gonna start getting the shakes any time I see a dot.

One random thing - I'm in the center of town and I notice a helicopter icon near me on the map. I start looking around and it's a player in a cargobob just bashing into anything and everything trying to pick something up. He about had a bus at one point. I could've ended him several times over, but I enjoyed watching the show. He's a Level 23. He crashes the cargobob, finally, so I get a car, pick him up, call in my cargobob and take him to it. Have at it, kid. He crashed it in about 2 minutes.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Tonight is the Night!

Holy fuck, so you're saying that in the incredibly unlikely event that I somehow convince my woman that it's not so bad that we don't have a formal dining room table yet and she lets me buy an XBone before Christmas, I will have to buy a copy of this game and start a brand new story mission game just to get access to GTA Online? 

Shit, I just got 100% Completion on my 360 playthrough.