DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I just started trying to play online on the xbone (got it in December, replayed the story mode first) and it's really been hit or miss.  I got into a contact mission with three randoms but the "destination" for the mission never got a yellow blip.  We got the message "get to the scrapyard" but no dot telling us where to go.  A few nights ago, I kept launching new sessions but it would never find one with other people in it.  Just all kinds of screwed up.

I do like the new impromptu challenge things.  I won a "cause the most $$$ in damage done" challenge because I was luckily on a highway, loaded up on stickys, grenade launcher ammo and hand grenades, when it started.  Blow up enough cars to block the road, then blow up the traffic jam in a huge chain reaction.

• Like 1

Game was super buggy yesterday.  I was looking for a bounty, found a guy, and killed him (after waylaying him about 10 times in the face with a shotgun, which was super weird).  But, even though I killed him, his dot reappeared with the bounty still on a lot further south.  I have no idea what happened, but I'm ticked, and go down and blow him up.  Nothing.  No kill notice, only see his character with PLAYER LEFT on top. 

Strange.

And I won't even get into the hoops I had to jump through to get a stable connection with Andrew to play together. 

I dunno if everybody's is doing this, but when I'm in Freemode, the game doesn't tell me when I've killed someone. I get the message that my asshole level (or whatever it's called) is rising, and I get a message if I've blown up a personal vehicle, but not that I've killed the player in the vehicle.

Yeah, this has been happening to me in the past two months, during extended stays in a singular lobby. If you're quite the dick in freeroam (and really, who isn't if you're well adept), at some point your killfeed dies. Others see it, so kills do count. It comes around eventually though. Otherwise, keep on killing on.

I say this as a proxy-glitch enthusiast, who knocks off jobbers with my LSC/(now) Benny's traps as I'm out and about in combat.

I'm a jerk. Yes it's true.

I've kept my dunce cap, how 'bout you?

Got on for a while yesterday, but I could barely find anybody in freemode.  Most public servers ended up being just me.  Most I ever saw was 6, and usually that mean one or two dots on the map only.  Survived two bounties, despite going out of my way to find trouble, if that gives any indication of how tame it was.  Killed a grand total of one dot.

At least I never got kicked out of anything.  I even finished my first mission in months.  Took two tries though, since I forgot to put the landing gear down for Titan of a Job.  First time I've ever screwed up the landing.

• Like 1

I was on last night after about 1 a.m. or so, and started in a lobby with 22, found myself in a lobby with me and another guy after I did a race, then joined a lobby of about 20 after that. I got into a little feud with a guy who kept going off the radar, so I eventually started going into passive every time he went off the radar. Fuck him.

It's amazing how much of the game is assholes driving around in Kurumas shooting people. I think it takes all the fun out of it, but maybe it's just a different way to play the game and I'm just being an old man. I like the ground game, taking cover, sniping.

Roast, sorry we didn't do much this afternoon. I got involved in a tangle and you were doing some random stuff.

I kept an eye on the "death notices" to see if anyone gave you any static, but you kepr dying at your own hand, so I figured you were freeforming, and I had assholes to deal with.

I ran into one VIP after you left, and holy shit, his bodyguards abused me. I was trying to get out of there and they were following me, and I'm screaming and fleeing like a teenage girl in a slasher movie.

I then got into it with a level 107, who hung right with me. It was time to go, my status as nail in a world of hammers had been established.

• Like 2

No worries bud.  I had to do my dailies before I left for a lunch date, so it's all good. 

Getting a VIP organization angry at you can lead to a beating, especially if they generally know what they're doing.  I had one chasing me down the beach and by the tennis courts over there.  I can't even front, I got my butt kicked.  I was happy when I was sniping one, only to turn around and get blasted from behind.  

Should've done more sticky/proximity bombs.   Oh well. 

That area's tough. If you're around the beach, people can snipe you from the road and from that hill across the road. We've wandered into several bear traps around that area, and also taken advantage of the situation a couple of times. It's not the place to be the 1 in 2-on-1 or 3-on-1, that's for sure.

That area's tough. If you're around the beach, people can snipe you from the road and from that hill across the road. We've wandered into several bear traps around that area, and also taken advantage of the situation a couple of times. It's not the place to be the 1 in 2-on-1 or 3-on-1, that's for sure.

Isn't that where Robert got his jetski Allah Akbar, or am I making that up?

And now I'm laughing yet again about him casually jingling by me on a bicycle and blowing a dot to high hell like 10 feet away from me.

Damn I need to play this again.

• Like 1

I remember trying the jetski thing, but I can't remember if it worked or not.  The bicycle one wasn't too far away either.  That was one of my favorites, though it won't ever top the tanker truck.  

And we've gotta play this again as a group at some point.  Gotta convince melraz to get a one.  I was gonna get on last night, but I was nearly catatonic after my son decided not to sleep the night before, so I punted on GTA.  When I do get on, I'll probably get my ass kicked by level 8's till I wander off mumbling mur...mur...mur.

• Like 1

I'll bet the Jetski thing would work on one of the yacht's when a VIP organization does the Defend the Yacht activity.  

And Burke, yes you should get back on.  Game is $49 on Amazon right now. 

That's the bad thing - if you quit playing for any length of time (cough Fallout 4 cough cough), when you come back, everyone just absolutely OWNS your ass. It's humbling. I wasn't that good to begin with, so I've gotten my ass kicked plenty lately.

The jetski one was more near the Del Perro Pier, I think. Some asshole thought he could run away on a jetski, and found out there's no running from the wrath of the D ... V ... D ... R. I think he had two or three of us trying to snipe him before Robert blew him up.

I was too far away from the tanker to know what was going on. I just remember this massive explosion and me saying "what in the hell was that?" before being filled in. There was one time I was in the middle of town when I see this dump truck pass by. I think "what in the hell was that?" when I figured it out - "oh, that's just Robert."

I liked landing on a guy's car with a four-wheeler Allah Akbar once. I still haven't Allah Akbared someone with a tractor, though.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2016 at 0:02 PM, Robert C said:

I remember trying the jetski thing, but I can't remember if it worked or not.  The bicycle one wasn't too far away either.  That was one of my favorites, though it won't ever top the tanker truck.  

And we've gotta play this again as a group at some point.  Gotta convince melraz to get a one.  I was gonna get on last night, but I was nearly catatonic after my son decided not to sleep the night before, so I punted on GTA.  When I do get on, I'll probably get my ass kicked by level 8's till I wander off mumbling mur...mur...mur.

Hell yes, we definitely do. If I see either of you on at any point, I'll rip the Fallout disc out and sign on. Melraz was teasing me just yesterday, texting me a picture of an Xbox bundle with that new Tom Clancy game. He didn't end up getting it, but I think he's going to soon. Either way, we definitely ought to have another ass-kicking hammer-nail shindig soon.

On 3/22/2016 at 1:21 PM, jstout said:

I was too far away from the tanker to know what was going on. I just remember this massive explosion and me saying "what in the hell was that?" before being filled in. There was one time I was in the middle of town when I see this dump truck pass by. I think "what in the hell was that?" when I figured it out - "oh, that's just Robert."

Oh man - HOW did I forget the tanker? The tomfoolery gods were shining on me that night, because I had no idea where Robert was or what he was doing. I was just jogging down the street trying to get back near the action after dying, and I was literally a half a block away when I see a big ass tanker appear out of thin air.

I don't pay enough attention to the mini-map, so I'm like "What in the hell? Who stole a tanker to driv-" and that's about the point that my entire screen exploded and I see "Robert killed...." and I absolutely lost my shit.

My holy grail...and it will probably never happen (even though I got kind of/sort of close one time) is to Allah Akbar a jet with a helicopter. I will die trying.

• Like 3

"Or I will die trying..."   

Now there's a motto for our crew.  

Tell Nate's dumb ass to get back on asap. The city has gone to hell without the Mayor's steady hand. 

• Like 2

Now keep in mind this tanker was in the middle of town by the pay and spray.

One of my favorites was.one of the rare occasions we were in the game chat listening to the suckers get tortured. We had two pinned down on the beach when here comes RUkered in a helicopter.

Famous last words by the victims: "maybe this guy jn the helicopter is gonna help us."

BOOM! Bad guess, fellas.

• Like 3

So one of the spots for King of the Castle is the lifeguard station on the Southernmost point on the beach.  The big round building. 

A daunting challenge because you can't really hide up there, and if there's more than one person after you, you can't safely take cover anywhere.   Especially when...

So I get there, start KotC and no one is around, so I'm like, yay, free money.    After about 3-4 minutes, I finally see someone coming.   Seeing he's coming from the street, I look in that direction to make sure he's not going to snipe or rocket me off.    He approaches and is a good 300 yards away and starts rifling at me.  I take cover, shoot back, and see he's moving around where he can get a better shot at me.    He's on the north side, and I'm trying to cover by being behind the central tower of that building.    Shots fired back and forth, I look at the minimap.  Too late.

Another guy crashed a helicopter directly into me. 

62967903.jpg

I lol'ed.  

• Like 2

I got on a couple days ago after reading the last few posts to see how I could do. After I got the update installed, I go into a room and try to steal a car. Twice in a row, I got dragged back out and stomped by NPCs. I think that may have happened to me a total of four times over 2-3 years of playing this game, and it happened twice in about five minutes. That's a new level of "holy shit I am rusty."

I get notified that there's a VIP that I can kill. I have no idea what that means, but it sounds like fun. I take off toward the guy and wipe out one of his bodyguards with the sniper rifle. The actual VIP snuck up on me three or four times while I was fussing with the bodyguard. Then, it hit me. "What the fuck are you doing fighting this guy you can't see on foot?" It was like the scene at the end of Bloodsport when Van Damme gets sand thrown in his eyes and starts getting his ass kicked. Then he flashes back to his training.

I closed my eyes, remembered my training via an 80s montage, threw a sticky on a car, and rammed it right up his and his expensive car's asses.

Turned the game off while the getting was good.

• Like 4

So are Havoc and G serious about their youtubes, or just messing about with it? And if they ever get around to posting GTA, are you lads going to be in it?