DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Me and a random dude, that was a total cool guy, managed to finish the desert Survival mission. FUCK YEAH!

Survivals are definitely my favorite job apart from the missions you get from contacts. The final kill was great, me with a minigun vs a chopper.

I've tried, and failed, the Lester mission to blow up police vehicles several times now. Definitely needs real team effort and communication. The best attempt, me and a random dude got up to the jail, but we were gunned down like chumps.

I managed to do 2 gang attacks (when you go in the red circle) solo last night. One up in the woods way north and the othrr in thr biker trsiler park trevor blows up in story mode.

I think i hsd to kill 30 people, but you could die and respawn.

Finally managed to get through all 10 rounds of a survival (the railyard one, where you can hide in the shack at the north end and almost all of the attackers spawn far away at the north entrance, so it's sniper city). Then I spent all my money on guns, gun mods and car mods. But I'm up to level 27, and my stats are looking impressive now. Some level 4 idiot tried to rob me at the ATM. His pistol vs my Assault Rifle. Then he kept coming back until I'd killed him three or four times. The other time, I was coming out of the Clothes shop and someone was waiting in the car lot and shot me in the head. I respawned, hunted him down and killed him, and while he was respawning I put a sticky bomb on his car. He came after me, I drove away, he got in his car to chase me, BOOM! But basically, I try to do most of my shopping at Sandy Shores now. Too many idiots in the city.

Not trying to be a smartass, but why would anyone bother using an ATM? Takes like 5-10 seconds to get to the same screen via your phone.That said, I'm gonna pick up a few sticky bombs just for that reason.

No helicopter, no fun. Dumb mission is dumb. Lester is awful. He gave me super hard mission, I had to go around LS and blow police cars, bikes and shit ON A TIME LIMIT.

I hate that fucking mission. He gives you four grenades to blow up 2 cars, a van, 4 bikes and a prison bus. You can do it if you buy some sticky bombs, but you're cutting into your profits at that point.

Finally managed to get through all 10 rounds of a survival (the railyard one, where you can hide in the shack at the north end and almost all of the attackers spawn far away at the north entrance, so it's sniper city). Then I spent all my money on guns, gun mods and car mods. But I'm up to level 27, and my stats are looking impressive now. Some level 4 idiot tried to rob me at the ATM. His pistol vs my Assault Rifle. Then he kept coming back until I'd killed him three or four times. The other time, I was coming out of the Clothes shop and someone was waiting in the car lot and shot me in the head. I respawned, hunted him down and killed him, and while he was respawning I put a sticky bomb on his car. He came after me, I drove away, he got in his car to chase me, BOOM! But basically, I try to do most of my shopping at Sandy Shores now. Too many idiots in the city.

Not trying to be a smartass, but why would anyone bother using an ATM? Takes like 5-10 seconds to get to the same screen via your phone.

You've been able to use your phone? Every time I try to use the internet on my phone I get booted out, and my GPS map disappears for 5 minutes.

Don't mind me, I rented this since I now suddenly have a lot of home time because my wife went on bedrest due to her herniated disc's acting up whilst 9 months pregnant.  I joined the crew, and am working on the story stuff mostly.  Just seeing if its enough that I care enough to get it and play, or just gonna stick the rental, but I might as well boost up the DVDVR crew whilst doing it.

I really have no idea what I'm doing in this, but the aiming and stuff is lightyears better than the last GTA I played (Vice City).  Races can suck my dick though, i fucking hate those things.

So I'm at level 10 now and trying to save up some cash. I just don't know for what. Not sure if i should buy a 2 car garage or save some more for an apartment with a two car garage. I just don't want to waste money.

And how can you take a mask off and on? I have this fucking mask on my face that i cant remove.

Don't mind me, I rented this since I now suddenly have a lot of home time because my wife went on bedrest due to her herniated disc's acting up whilst 9 months pregnant.  I joined the crew, and am working on the story stuff mostly.  Just seeing if its enough that I care enough to get it and play, or just gonna stick the rental, but I might as well boost up the DVDVR crew whilst doing it.

I really have no idea what I'm doing in this, but the aiming and stuff is lightyears better than the last GTA I played (Vice City).  Races can suck my dick though, i fucking hate those things.

If you're talking about the first race against Hao, do not use the Camaro type car that spawns by him.  If you use Franklin's Buffalo and his special ability in the turns, it's not too bad.

Yeah you do need to use the special abilities a lot.

As for the update, I was browsing NeoGAF and they were complaining some of the jobs don't give out as much money. Apparently people were able to grind/exploit certain jobs to make a lot of money.

And how can you take a mask off and on? I have this fucking mask on my face that i cant remove.

Hold down the select button for the inventory menu. There you'll find the option to remove, or put on a mask. Be warned though, you'll lose your hair after you remove it.

Had funny thing happen doing the gas company /grab the coke mission.

I was using jt's strategy of shooting from the ramp / curved road above the deal.

I died and respawned on the road above that. So, i start running toward the intersection torun back down. As i am doing that, a couple of the goons have run up from the meeting point to meet me halfway. And i kill two of them ... And one has the coke. So, i grab it and grab a car and high-tail it to geralds, which is like 3/4 mile away. I see two bad guy car blips coming but they dont get me in time.

Easy $2000.

And as soon i repopulate, i get the $1000 nice player bonus. And right after that, the bounty on me expires and i get $7000.

I had some fun doing a 1.2 mile one lap race with 3 other people today. Just coming 4th got you about $1500 and winning it got you about $6000. So we played that over and over again, made some good money.

Now I bought my beautiful $223,000 property with 10 car garage. ..And no money left.

I hope this place has the room thats needed for a heist as its very big but I didnt see a board anywhere.

Stupid question from someone who never plays multi-player anything online - Do I need a headset to play this with some of you guys on PS3?

Nah. It helps if you A) want to chat and be social while you're playing, or B) want to go hardcore squad-ness on the team missions ("INCOMING CHOPPER TO THE SOUTH!") etc, but it's definitely not a requirement.

Stupid question from someone who never plays multi-player anything online - Do I need a headset to play this with some of you guys on PS3?

Nah. It helps if you A) want to chat and be social while you're playing, or B) want to go hardcore squad-ness on the team missions ("INCOMING CHOPPER TO THE SOUTH!") etc, but it's definitely not a requirement.

I got all excited and ran out and bought a $20 headset and it turns out NO ONE uses a headset. I could see where it could occasionally come in handy to communicate with other people on missions.

I got all excited and ran out and bought a $20 headset and it turns out NO ONE uses a headset. I could see where it could occasionally come in handy to communicate with other people on missions.

It proved crucial to netting me $20K in a survival mission tonight. First I was able to talk two of the others out of haring around like lunatics and instead joining me and the 4th person in the warehouse with the two exits. Second, because one of the other people had a headset, I was able to get me and him on the opposite sides of the building, so either of us could call for help when things got hairy.

This followed a mission where I was able to figure out a solution to how to deal with a mission that required you to land a plane at Sandy Shores airfield, but when you did, you'd be doing so into a bunch of enemies, and there's zilch for cover out there. (I landed the plane at McKenzie, where the other three got out, drove to the airfield, and cleared out the baddies while I circled waiting to land. That was $7K there.

When it comes to more complicated missions (which tend to be more profitable,) communication is essential.