DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Hey! I earned enough to buy a shitty apartment with a 2 car garage in the city!

The american dream come true

With an achievement unlocked and everything. 

I sorta did it with the repeat mission dealie that Fresh was talking about.  I, my cousin, and one of his crew kept doing that $9K mission from Gerald over and over again until we earned about $100K.  I bought one of the apartments downtown.  Not the best looking of places but it has a garage.  I have about $30K left over from the resale of my old garage.

That's confirmation that you can only own one piece of property at a time.  Those markers in your profile indicate what comes with your real estate.  Some of the more expensive places will have a helipad or an airstrip.

I think we may have to pick a guy to give money to so that he serves as Crew Treasurer and can buy an expensive place for all of us to hang out at and plan jobs.

I have resorted to creeping up on NPCs and mugging them in order to to build up my shitty Stealth skill.  There is an airfield in Blaine County with a fairly accessible helipad that you don't immediately earn a three-star wanted level for loitering on, so I guess I will steal a helicopter from there and put in some flight time to get up my piloting skills.

Have fun.We were called in today but as of 0845, but not allowed to work yet.I do think i needed a days break from gta.

My boss called me at midnight and told me our shop had been recalled.

One theory going around is they will decide which programs are too important to not run and which can wait. So some people will come back and some wouldnt.

----

One of the guys at work was telling us his crazy gta stories. Even weirder some of team dvdvr adventures.

New DVDVR Bounty Policy. 

Mark had a $7K bounty on him, so I started an invite-only session, brought in Mark, shot him, and then we split the money.

If there is a bounty on me. I am going to quit out and only allow Crew members to collect it.

Yeah, I've had crazy GTA5 stories for work today too.  Me & Pete successfully got away with a tanker full of chemicals for Gerald and then we failed the mission because we fucking jackknifed the rig while trying to park it.  Fuck.

And the tanker goodness continued with my cousin and I ramming police cars so that Mark could get away with a stolen truck filled with gasoline that Lamar wanted to sell on the black market.

I want to beat the shit out of Fresh now.  You only have to steal ONE of the fucking Lost vans for Trevor in order to finish that mission.  Not all three.  I personally have no problems shooting bikers but I got my ass blown off while nabbing all of those vehicles.  I am sure Trevor didn't give a shit, though.

Our crew has a world ranking of 28K or so out of hundreds of thousands of teams.  Holy shit.

New DVDVR Bounty Policy. 

Mark had a $7K bounty on him, so I started an invite-only session, brought in Mark, shot him, and then we split the money.

If there is a bounty on me. I am going to quit out and only allow Crew members to collect it.

Yeah, I've had crazy GTA5 stories for work today too.  Me & Pete successfully got away with a tanker full of chemicals for Gerald and then we failed the mission because we fucking jackknifed the rig while trying to park it.  Fuck.

And the tanker goodness continued with my cousin and I ramming police cars so that Mark could get away with a stolen truck filled with gasoline that Lamar wanted to sell on the black market.

I want to beat the shit out of Fresh now.  You only have to steal ONE of the fucking Lost vans for Trevor in order to finish that mission.  Not all three.

Our crew has a world ranking of 28K or so out of hundreds of thousands of teams.  Holy shit.

I will eventually have the time to play more of the campaign and then get online. Apparently, it sounds like I'm best off waiting until Rockstar releases their first patch for GTAO, which I have a feeling will have a Bethesda-esque like impact.

I've still been mostly concentrating on the offline.  I got an invite from one of my non-DVDVR friends to race last night, but I kept getting the "could not connect to the cloud" error.  I'm fine waiting for a while to dive in more.  I am a bit worried that my stats will suck, but at least I have the bonus weapons from the special edition, so that levels the playing field a bit.

I played the torture bit last night.  Didn't really find it all that shocking, given what the character had already done in the game.  Manhunt (especially the first one) was way more creepy IMO.

Yeah, but what did you do in the game? *rimshot*

I sorta did it with the repeat mission dealie that Fresh was talking about.  I, my cousin, and one of his crew kept doing that $9K mission from Gerald over and over again until we earned about $100K.  I bought one of the apartments downtown.  Not the best looking of places but it has a garage.  I have about $30K left over from the resale of my old garage.

"Violent Ducts" is that mission. And I've been trying to farm it for days, but the Right Trigger to Restart only seems to work half the time for it. It's very frustrating. Can't wait until microtransactions are enabled again...

I want to beat the shit out of Fresh now.  You only have to steal ONE of the fucking Lost vans for Trevor in order to finish that mission.  Not all three.

Yeah, if you wanna play the pussy way.

Or the ADD way.  That's what I get for not reading the mission description for myself.

It got pretty hairy farming Violent Ducts last night.  The first time we tried, my cousin and his buddy blundered into the deal and died immediately.  It took me over twenty minutes of real time to kill the rest of the gang members and recover the yayo.  I ran out of SMG ammo and had to stealth from cover to cover and score shotgun kills.

Yeah, but what did you do in the game? *rimshot*

At least I don't sleep in my garage!

Due to a weird glitch, i had to do the van mission by myself.

I actually snuck around the left perimeter of the camp and stole the van only having to kill one bikee. If i was beter at stealth, i prob could have done it without killing him.

Due to a weird glitch, i had to do the van mission by myself.I actually snuck around the left perimeter of the camp and stole the van only having to kill one bikee. If i was beter at stealth, i prob could have done it without killing him.

Mark could not join my mission due to some insane dealie so we both did the mission solo at the same time. Mark successfully snuck around the back of the trailer park and only killed one guy.

I, OTOH, immediately started a gunfight and killed eleven people.  My shooting skills are dramatically improved though.

If Survival missions are good for anything, they keep your gun skills sharp.  I made it to Wave 4 with some impromptu group.  Could probably do better with better armor and base weapons.

J.T., if you put the difficulty of Violent Ducts on Easy, you still earn 9k. Just less RP.

Where is the fun in that?  I am like Numbver Vun in the Crew in Overall RP right now!

i need to take more photos and I also need to further kit out my Futo GT.  Mmmmm.  Carbon vented hood and tuner exhaut!  Street brakes cost a fucking fortune.

Ive only taken two pictures: the comic book store and one of the lingerie stores wih a pun name.

Post them to our social club gallery!

How do you post to the crew page?  There is a link for sharing on the Snapmatic page but it is only for Twitter and Facebook.

Ive only taken two pictures: the comic book store and one of the lingerie stores wih a pun name.

Post them to our social club gallery!

How do you post to the crew page?  There is a link for sharing on the Snapmatic page but it is only for Twitter and Facebook.

Mark has a Twitter account so he can share photos.  I am checking to see if I can post any photos just through the game itself.

Talk of Face-Off in the 90's Movie Countdown thread makes me sad that there is no akimbo wield in GTA anymore.  I can't have two badass bronze tinted pistols like Castor Troy.

Posted Image

New DVDVR Bounty Policy. 

How does one does this? I can only start new jobs, never new sessions.