DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Did they make ya work over stout? You need to tell them about your second identity and how a city is on the brink of disaster if you dont get home on time.

Thinkin' I'm gonna wind up at 56 hours this week in five days. Money's nice, but the time away from life isn't.

Yeah, AxB, "Jeremy" is an inside joke among the XBox crew after we had a little karaoke sing-along a few weeks ago. As is BA-DING!

• Like 1

To explain, my friend Sicario makes (or used to make) stunt races. I bookmarked his playlists for a laugh. Tried one with Cris, Havoc and a random (Luke and Riot then joined partway through). One of them is a Motorbike race where you have to use the glide glitch or you can't make the first jump. Cris and Havoc don't know the glide glitch. I was trying to explain it to them, but I'd forgotten that I'd muted my headset and they couldn't hear me.

Then we (me Cris and Luke, Havoc and Riot had gone) tried another one, which had all these really stupid races called BMX extreme #1-6. BMX extreme 2 would have been very easy if you could jump off and run or swim, so we did #3 as a GTA race. Cris got stuck (because although he's very good at races, he's terrible at stunting) and started killing people instead. At one point I was up on the freeway, and he was standing in Lago Zancudo behind a floating crate, with his belly hanging between the waterline and the bottom of the crate, like a very inviting target. So I sniped him, and he died. Then I carried on with the race, lapped him, and he started spawn killing me. Over and over again. And when I killed him, I couldn't then go and get the next checkpoint without catching bullets in my back... so I quit the race and watched Match of the Day instead.

If they didn't quit the race too, they're probably still doing it. And I need to send Sicario a message saying "I bookmarked your playlists and now all my friends want to kill you".

I love collecting jumpy races, as I call them. I hate those motorcycle stunt races, where you try to make these impossible jumps. I wish I could've gotten more off-road races from my off-roading buddy before he disappeared from GTA (and XBox, it seems). That's a really underrated part of this game, the ability to build your own races.

Dolfan had a motorcycle climbing race that had us all screaming once, and came up with a really good one that was a nice blend of road and off-road sections. There's plenty of creations that wound up getting certified or whatever you call it, like Four-Way Jumps, which is a damn fine GTA race. Then there's the one on top of the Maze Bank Arena that's like Rollerball. Good stuff.

I've played some really bad ones ("Stairway to Heaven" has to be the worst), but even if they're really bad, they're just a few minutes out of your day.

I was at a buddy's house earlier today -xthundercats in the crew. He has GTA for the One, so I was trying it out. I like it. I figured I would be terrible at driving, but it's not as bad as I imagined. It's gets a bit difficult if you're going up or down. I finally had to switch to 3rd person to get up Vesuvius.

But enough about that. The reason I'm posting is because I decided to give online a whirl. It took forever to load, and when it did, there was only one other person. I did a double-take and realized it was HERBY!!!~!

He was on the other side of the map and I wasn't on the headset, so I can't technically say I've played with him or heard "hey guys," but it was a sighting nonetheless.

• Like 2

Well i cant plat online again. On a side note the boss lady played under her account last night. I got down here and turned notifications off and showed her offline she was playin zumba and dance central games. Id say she'll be see playin but then again i might be a dancin fool on there bustin a move

We went to jamaica this summer for our anniversary. Got all purdied up (dress slacks long sleeve dress shirt completed with bolo tie and cowboy boots). I usually start drinkin at 9am on vacation and was purdy dalm lit. After dinner there was a reggae band on the beach. My drunk ass decided i wanted to dance So i did. It was hotter'n hell so off came the dress shirt and i sure was cuttin a rug. Next mornin i thought dalm i hope that dont end up on youtube. The rest of the week people called me dancin fool dancin machine and several said i wish i coulda recorded that. I probably gave 30 fist bumps and bows to tje band as they played. They were great. I make up shit as i go i dont think i could do the games id fail that shit miserably.

• Like 1

Dammit, WANT. Dunno why. I wanna hear Trevor's reaction to being turned into a cat. This also makes my mind boggle at what GTA 6 could be like when it comes out in 2025. 

I really think Rockstar should work on a GTA 6 and a completely standalone GTA Online. Imagine how much better both would be if you didn't have to put both a single-player version and an online version in the same game?

Is it kinda sad that I knew EXACTLY where both Franklin and the cat were on the map the second I saw them on the video?

Ok since ive tried everything that i know to try with my router issues (upnp, port forwarding, DMZ) and they dont seem to work does anybody know about the wifi boosters. My xbox is 2 floors down from my router can anybody tell me if that will help the signal in the basement?

I used to use one, cause my router and xbox are on opposite corners of the house.  It did a decent job.  My house is all one story though, so I don't know how it will work with a basement.  Is the xbox showing that you're getting low signal strength?

I'm using a powerline kit now for it, and that is better, for the most part.  I'm definitely getting more bandwidth than I was with the signal booster.  Only issue is that the signal gets noisy with some higher power electrical devices running at the same time, and can cause me to lose connection.  That may be caused by the shitty wiring in my house though.

• Like 1

"I'm too drunk to do that dance. Let's do another."

"Hang on, hang on, before you start this dance, I gotta go outside and water the grass."

"I love this dance ....BRREREIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR You know that one, don't ya, Stout?"

I'm sitting in a pretty busy restaurant by myself laughing like an insane person.

• Like 3

Yeah ever since comcast sent us our new modem/router in one the connection fluctuates back and forth. If this dont fix it im gonna call comcast and tell em to come get their shit or its gonna be in the yard like I did charter years ago.

Got some more negative rep - had to be from the last time we were on.  I'm thinking it was probably the guy that unwisely challenged the mayor to a 1:1 deathmatch.  I don't think he liked me and RUkered killing him over and over.  I'm down to 36% approval rating now.

Maybe the mayor even got some as well.

• Like 1

Well dalm that lil shit didnt give me bad rep. I received the first text from him too. "Fuck off" he said. I said ok im sorry i'll leave you alone now.

Got that booster up and goin. I got on for a few minutes and made 6 or 7 friends. Everybody but 2 other people were left in the map one of em (the one that got killed many many times) went to passive. I thought id try to find a new session. It kicked me all the way out of live so i dunno if its fixed or not but i turned it off in fear of shootin every dalm thing in my mother fuckin basement.

Mel, did anything change as far as your configuration in the house - did you move the new modem/router to a new place in the house, or is it in the same place the old one was?

And you played fine for a while before the new modem started shitting the bed, right? Does the PS3 stay online OK, or the same shit there, too?  

Ok since ive tried everything that i know to try with my router issues (upnp, port forwarding, DMZ) and they dont seem to work does anybody know about the wifi boosters. My xbox is 2 floors down from my router can anybody tell me if that will help the signal in the basement?

I think I missed this, but are you using your Xbox/PS3 wireless or wired?  If wireless, why don't you switch to wired with an Ethernet over power solution?  I've used a Netgear powerline system (http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/powerline/) for years and it's awesome.

• Like 1