DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I wasn't asing JT to share. I want my own.

I know where the Krispy Kremes are, so that's half.

Goddamn, me and Mis ended last night on a low note when we wandered into a hornet's nest of epic proportions. Only one of the guys was really good - with a sniper - but he'd wreck me while I was trying to get position on everyone else. Basically, if it could go wrong for me, it did, and I said "screw this" when we got rushed from both the stairway and the steps while on the roof at the mall.

I had fully committed to guarding the steps and took a bullet to the skull from the guy who charged up the ladder. 

There were about 5 of them, and while they weren't working together (the two guys who stormed the Mall most likely were), it's hard to concentrate on the guy in front of you when there's a guy behind you and a guy above you. The sniper was a pain in the ass. The Mall kinda sucks as a spot because it's hard to defend the ways up and get anything else done.

I got both of those guys, but the ladder guy got me.  He had hidden his blip before heading up the ladder I think.  I was shooting the guy on the steps when I saw gunfire take out Stout, immediately turned and began taking hits.  I flicked the stick up for a headshot and we took each other out.  

We cleaned house pretty much all night until the end at about 5 am est.  At that point, the numbers game took over and got us. At one point there were three or four people on top of LSC, and another 2 or 3 running around down on the street.  We were really holding our own when it was a free for all, but once they combined forces on us, things got a little rough. 

Edited by misanthrope304

Got on this afternoon for a little bit, with Keys and Havoc (who was very happy to see me). Did a little bit of killing. One guy sent me a text that said "I know you got more kills than me, but really you are sh. it." So I texted back "I LOVE YOU" and never heard off him again.

We were in an Annihilator, and going after a Kill Target. We landed, I circled for an angle, Havoc aimed his sniper, and Keys shot his grenade launcher. The Target blows up, the fiery wreckage steams into another car and blows it up, which blows up the Helicopter, tanking Havoc and Keys with it. And then we realise Keys never accepted the Kill Target mission and so nobody's getting paid. Had to leave after that.

BUT now I've got the 2nd PS3 in Xavier's room, and I've figured out how to do the wireless connection dealie, we are but me buying a second copy of the game away from us forming a Father/Son Tag Team. Except he's going to his Grandma's next week so probably next weekend, like.

Best advice I can give to people wonderin round our city is.....you gotta know when ta hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run. Cause the best you can hope for is to die in your sleep.

• Like 2

I'd love to DJ a radio station.

I got on for a lil bit last night. Did 5 games of golf gotta -7, -10, -7, -9, -9. I messed up 2 birdie shots on the last -9 had to settle for par. Got 2 eagles in the round though. Wondered round free mode with my lvl 50 chick and taught some feller a lesson. That's what the Mr Kenny Rogers song was about. He was level 121 or somethin and though he could pick onna low level easy target but i made him my beeotch. Ended up getting tired and goin to bed.

I forgot to pack my mic, so I stuck to story mode during the few times I got to play at my girlfriend's crib.  Saved my game in the vicinity of the last Letter Scrap.  After I get two or three more Vinewood Souvenirs missions done for Trevor and take Franklin out to see Omega, I will deal with Michael's first FiB mission aka the hospital shootout.

Starting tomorrow, enjoy the thrill and exhilaration of being a patriotic hero with the San Andreas Flight School Update for GTA Online. This new update will feature a collection of new air and land vehicles, aerial solo challenges, and much more. Tomorrow’s update will also introduce a host of gameplay changes to GTA Online – these include increased payouts for harder to complete missions and GTA$ bonuses for playing missions with others. Stay tuned for more details tomorrow.

I'm dying laughing. Of all the things people bitched about in previous GTA's, they go and add one of the top 3 in.

I can't wait for the September update. "Enjoy the exhilarating thrill of piloting an RC helicopter around sunny Los Santos!"

• Like 2

Rockstar Games has recently issued a patch fixing online functions for Grand Theft Auto IV on PS3.

So if you're interested in getting a Platinum and haven't gotten the multiplayer trophies yet, it's highly advisable that you do so.

Am I misunderstanding you, or does the mean that they're shutting down online access for it? I've got that game on PS3, and I've logged more hours than I'd care to admit. I still revisit it sometimes.

I can't wait for the November update. "Enjoy the exhilarating thrill of piloting an RC helicopter around sunny Los Santos!"

Fixed that for you :-/

Good call.

On that note, I can't wait for the February 2015 update. "Enjoy the exhilarating thrill of the all new versus mode. One team defends a damn train while the other attempts to overtake it on Sanchez's."

• Like 2

People have been talking about this for a couple of weeks now. Apparently, you're going to be able to buy a jet that shoots missiles and machine gun fire, so you will no longer have to bother with going to Fort Zancudo to rip off a military jet. It wont be a Lazer, but something different.

They're also supposedly adding another helicopter that has missile and machine gun capability.

I think they're trying to kill GTA online now before its death by Destiny in just a few weeks.

"Hey, those fuckers in jets are completely fucking up Freemode. I know what let's do, let's make it easier for them to get jets!" "Awesome idea!"

Edit: Ran into a fuck of a modder. I was fighting with a dude near the right-hand pay and spray when I suddenly fell through what seemed like a glitch, even though I know there's not a glitch there. I came out at the construction site near the center pay and spray, where I started blowing up without anyone blowing me up. It would just say that I died. 

Then it seemed like every time a certain player passed me, I blew up, even though it never showed him killing me. So I got in a helicopter and beat cheeks out of there just to see if I could still be blown up. I got way away from the area and this guy was on a fuck of a roll. He was killing player after player after player, so I checked his stats and he was a Level 19 with a 4.2 K/D ratio. Uh huh.

So I figured he was God moding. I texted another player and said "is he God moding?" Player replied back "yup." So I voted to kick and reported him and headed back to my garage.

Started watching him on TV at the garage and he was buttfucking other players and dropping piles of money. The cops weren't even beginning to mess with him. He was completely nude. At one point, he got in a car and the car started flying through the air, randomly. He got out of the car and started flying through the air, but he landed back where he was. I'm like "Exit GTA Online, thanks." 

• Like 1

Got the update. The Miljet isn't a fighter jet. It's a luxury Airbus with military branding on it. Flight School missions are actually quite fun so far (I've done 5 of the ten). They pay $11250 for Golds, $2500 for bronze, but they're a bit merciless with the scoring. The one where you jump out of an airplane without a parachute, catch a 'chute thats in the air, and land in a target? I bullseye'd the target, stumbled forwarda few paces and got  Bronze for finishing too far from it. Usually you get full marks on Parachute jumps when that happens.

EDIT: The Fifth one is a fucking BITCH!

SECOND EDIT: The Sixth one is fun, and probably useful too. The Seventh one is a pain in the arse.

So I went back and golded the Parachute one. They start out fun, but some of the later ones (which pay out more; I made $60,000+ just completing the first six (nearly back over a million again; I went down to $80,000 after selling my Enus Huntley to get the Enus Cognoscenti Cabrio. It's nice to have a fresh Enus once in a while) with varying levels of success) do feel like sucky San Andreas flight school is back.

They're all solo though. Odd for online.

• Like 1

Got the update.  There is a mocked up Airbus with military livery, a shuttle chopper, and a jet trainer that appears to be modeled after the T-38 Talon or something similar.

There is also a Classic Coquette which looks like a '65 Corvette Stingray from the front.

I haven't tried the Flight School stuff yet.  I'll bet that players who haaven't maxed out their Piloting were hoping for a mechanism to raise their skill without racing aircraft or dealing with the tedium of stealing and flying a helicopter or an airplane around the city for hours on end, but it looks like they will be disappointed.

Made some progress in Story Mode after RAW went off last night.

Second playthroughs are the best sometimes.

RIP Mark Fostenburg and Peter Dreyfuss.  I remembered to pop the tires on Peter's SUV with a silenced pistol so I would get to chase him down the street and listen to his litany of psychotic reasons why he killed Leonora Johnson.  What an entitled prick.  It felt good to beat him to death in the middle of the street with a baseball bat. 

As for Mark Fostenburg, fleeing the scene in a golf cart after a commiting a quadruple homicide and stealing a million dollar custom made driver is one of the best things you can do in this game as Trevor.

And buggy game is buggy.   I forgot that even though the game requirement for Gold is to kill Fostenberg, the post event news story in The Daily Prattle Online reports as if he is still alive..  I am pretty certain he did not survive that headshot.

Kidnapped Al Di Napoli (again) for Nigel and Mrs. Thornhill..  Realized that Dubstas have really shitty handling so I did not have to follow Al so closely while pursuing him.  Kept him in sight without getting even one scratch on Nigel's car.  Gold Medal!

And sometimes second replays can be the worst.

Rampage Three can eat a bag of dicks.  It took me three tries to hit the 50 kill threshold for Gold because pussy Ballaz gang bangers would wait in cover forever and when they did come to fight me, they would floor me with an near miss RPG round while I was in Rage mode.   Precious seconds would tick off of the death clock as Trevor lay there on the ground, but stunned is better than dead.

Next story mission will be Dead Man Walking (14 Headshots = Pain In The Ass) and then casing the port for the Merryweather job.  I think I will have Michael buy the Sonar Boat Landing to get Submarine Parts and Nuclear Waste out of the way and then I will beat the Airport race with Franklin and track down the Spaceship Parts.

At some point I really do need to focus on the Under The Bridge / Knife Flight challenge.

Well I guess maybe my flight skill will finally go up

If completing the Flight School challenges actually boost the Pilot skill.  I haven't confirmed or denied that yet via experience of the GTA Forums.

I am actually more interested in what bugs got fixed by the update.

Looks like completing all of the Flight School challenges unlocks Special T-Shirts in addition to paying out cash.

xGC4Ru1.jpg

You can also see the Classic Coquette in the background in his garage.

There is a rumor that getting all Gold medals in filght school will unlock a free aircraft, but that is unconfirmed.  As usual, I expect there to be a special event this weekend when I will be out most of the time with my girlfriend and my kid.

My flying skill is maxed and y'all know what kind of pilot I am. 

Glad to hear that apparently Los Santos won't become a gigantic air war zone.

It is bad enough that assholes fly around in Lazers strafing the city with explosive bullets..   The last thing free mode needs is a fighter jet that players have covenient access to.

If the devs are dumb enough to put the Hunter or the Hydra in the game, they should at least level-lock the damned things.